test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Would be nice to summon multiple tiny vanity pets at once

aganwayaganway Member Posts: 269 Arc User
I am kind of disappointed, I just started collecting the tiny vanity pets from Yawning portal, and had thought that as I collected them I would be able to summon them all at the same time and have a little group running around with me, but I found that when you summon one, the previous one disappears and you still only have one. Even if there was some technical reason you could not have all of them running around with you, like overloading the system, it would still be nice to have at least three at once as a minimum. I know lots of people would love to be able to have a few of them running around at the same time all following you around, what do you say devs?

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    And some think one vanity pet running around is too many.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I think the vanity pets are fine at one but I wish they were a bit bigger
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    I'm not sure if it would impact performance but that's typically the main answer for why certain features aren't an option. But I can totally bring it up as a suggestion :)
  • aganwayaganway Member Posts: 269 Arc User

I'm not sure if it would impact performance but that's typically the main answer for why certain features aren't an option. But I can totally bring it up as a suggestion :)

ty :-)

Party pooper poopin in, if then please only in hub city maps like Neverwinter or Cär-König.

reason?
  • propulsionpropulsion Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Post edited by propulsion on

it would cause the lag to be much worse...EQ2 has this feature where you can have more than 2 vanity pets up at a time and the lag was brutal big time so I had to keep mine tucked in bed for good lol(unless) I was in my character's house where it would be fine to have them out like that and not cause any issue in major quest hubs
    what's EQ2?
    tbh, we can have a mount, a companion, a doohickey, an effect on a weapon, an effect on armor, sometimes people have alpha compy ones with little dinos running all around, i don't see any diff for having a couple extra. they're tiny as well.
    aganway said:

tbh, we can have a mount, a companion, a doohickey, an effect on a weapon, an effect on armor, sometimes people have alpha compy ones with little dinos running all around, i don't see any diff for having a couple extra. they're tiny as well.

maybe so,But trust me...having that much lag in-game is one of the reasons I had left EQ2...I don't want to see Neverwinter become like that where the game is unplayable due to mass vanity pets running loose...it's fine if it's just one that is summoned But 4 or 5 or is a bit too much at same time,I had did a test with them in everquest with a few out and it was a bad idea
    edited October 2019
    mmm ok. A lot of the time remember that the lag is not on the server, the lag is at the players end because they have a weak GPU etc. I just don't see the diff between the alpha compy companion where there are many little dinos running around in a group spearately, to having maybe 3 tiny vanity pets running around with you. And not everyone has them either, not every player likes them, so the game would not be overrun with pets. BDO also has multiple pets which players have running around picking up loot for them, I wonder if they have any problems.
    nope,my rig is for gaming so it's not a GPU issue...it's an in-game issue and the animation of the vanity pets that are cause for lag like that if too many are running about