test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to reclaim Dragonborn fashion items if any are already owned

bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 120 Arc User
So now that the appearance system has been implemented, I'm going through and reclaiming items that had been deleted to free up inventory space. I reclaimed my Dragonborn race pack to discover that it has been changed since I purchased it which further incentivized reclaiming it on all my toons.
Everything was fine until I tried to open the Dragonborn Ceremonial fashion bundle on a character who already had one of the items in his appearance library which caused a conflict because the items are tagged "unique". I deleted the item from the character's appearance library, thinking that would remove the conflict and allow me to open the box, but the error "you may only have one unique item" still pops up on my screen and the box won't open.
Now I am unable to obtain the items from the box that were not already in the characters inventory and also without the item that I had before I started. The most puzzling part of the whole thing is; why are fashion items that are Bind to Character on Pickup and cannot be sold or converted to refinement points tagged as unique in the first place? Especially when a character would in no way benefit from having more than one.

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2019
    I have now experienced this issue on multiple characters, including my main. :(

It also appears to be specific to the Dragonborn Ceremonial items as I have yet to experience the issue with the Dragonborn Warrior items.
    Post edited by bigblackafrica on
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for reporting! I'll escalate this issue for the team to look into!
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Thanks Nitocris.

So it's possible that this issue has been addressed because I have been able to claim the Dragonborn Ceremonial fashion items on my wife's account with characters who already have some of the pieces. However, some of the characters on both accounts are still unable to open the box and receiving the error message mentioned in my original post.
  • Options
    cnotezerocnotezero Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I just bought the Dragonborn pack and none of the items are showing in my appearance library
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    cnotezero said:

I just bought the Dragonborn pack and none of the items are showing in my appearance library

You need to go the claim agent to get a pack.
    Open the pack and you will get a few packs (+ mount + companion + ring + ...) and one is fashion pack.
    Open the fashion pack. 3 pieces will show up in your fashion inventory.
    Then, you need to right click each to send that to the appearance library.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    I think this issue might be related to the fact that all the characters who are unable to open the box (even though I have deleted all of the conflicting appearance items) had those items converted automatically when the appearance system went live because they were wearing them. This may be what is causing the conflict.
    Post edited by bigblackafrica on
  • Options
    The issue persists after the recent changes to the appearance system. I currently have 6/100 upper body fashion items on my main, the Dragonborn Ceremonial garb is not among them, I am still getting the "you may only have one unique item" message when trying to open the box.