test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bought VIP, STILL have to buy keys for dungeon rewards.

This ALMOST MADE ME QUIT.
Wasn´t anything fancy either, just a run on the frikken Random Leveling Queue.

It´s.
NOT.
Acceptable.

Plain&simple.
:/

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,248 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    What do you mean? Which dungeon and which reward? And what key you think you need to buy?
    VIP does not give dungeon key anymore because the chest in the dungeon that used to need a dungeon key does not need a key to open anymore.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    All dungeons have a free chest to open now on levelling queue as keys are no longer needed. That being said, there are some dungeons that require a specific key to open an additional chests at the end that you buy through using currency via their specific campaign store or by using a legendary dragon key.

The daily key you get in VIP is for opening lock boxes.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

Yeah it was the later.
    An additional box was present and needed some "bramble" key or that legendary dragon key.
    Does this mean I can acquire a bramble key through gameplay?

Still think this is NOT a proper way to treat your paying customers.
    It makes me NOT want to pay ever again.
    NOT impressed that it was even worse before.

it is not worse than it was before. the bramble key was NEVER covered by vip. the epic daily keys you got before covered the OTHER box that just opens now. the campaign keys were NEVER part of the vip rewards
  • Options
    nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Your post title, seem like you were expecting dungeon keys to be included with VIP. The terms of each VIP ranks are listed before you buy them, no where does it say it will provide keys for dungeon chest.

Every dungeon/instances on the Queue list (minus the event instance like skirmish/TOO/etc) have two chests, one is always free to open and another is for Campaign key (you can crafted these via the campaign) or Legendary key from zen store.

Maybe one day when they add more VIP ranks, there will be more perks like dungeon keys/Stronghold coffer summon/etc.

VIP are worth it for the convenient of traveling faster, banks, mail, etc.
  • Options
    wamlgon#8772 wamlgon Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Bramble key is purchased via sharandar campaign, 20 crescents, and either 10 or 20 sparks, 1 per day.
  • Options
    edited September 2019

Yeah it was the later.
    An additional box was present and needed some "bramble" key or that legendary dragon key.

Before VIP change, there were 2 chests. One chest could be opened by the dungeon key (provided by VIP or getting it through other mean) and another chest be opened by campaign key (not provided by VIP but by game play or buying it from Zen store).

After VIP change, there are still 2 chest. Anyone (regardless if he has VIP or not) can open one chest and another chest be opened by campaign key (not provided by VIP but by game play or buying it from Zen store).

For the VIP player, the number of chest that can be opened is exactly the same.
    it is the non-VIP player, now, gets a free chest.

The replacement of the VIP dungeon key is the re-roll tokens which are what the non-VIP user really wants to have.
    Yes, this particular change is better once the player understands the value of re-roll token.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    flublblbluflublblblu Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    You have full access to everything, you just have to farm for it.
    Stop using CAPSLOCK because you're ANGRY, it just pisses off anyone that reads you.
  • Options
    akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    VIP is not a subscription and has never been one. Vip grants you extra bonuses in the game and explicitly tells you exactly what these bonuses are.

Subscriptions usually have to be paid for with real money, VIP does not require this.
  • Options
    frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    The Bramble Key chest is one of my favorites.
    You occasionally find some really good stuff in there. Maybe that's why it's a play to open instead of pay to open - for which I'm grateful.
    Farming that daily key's not at all difficult either. The time it takes combined with the brevity of the actual skirmish is probably still less than anything else in that queue.
  • Options
    akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    isn't bramble key from the IA store? I cant be arsed to rerun that campaign to buy the key
  • Options
    mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    Bramble key comes from Sharandar.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,099 Arc User
    And pays out like a dragon chest from Tuern or Lostmauth.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

Yeah it was the later.

The bramble key can be purchased from the vendor in the invoking circle just inside the gate in Sharandar. it costs 20 colden crescents. These can be purchased from the vendor between the 1st and 2nd area gates for 5 Fomorian concoctions.
  • Options
    oremonger#9999 oremonger Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Funny thing, if you were to go by the description of VIP here on the Official website the OP is in fact right.
    I posted about this ages ago. The description of the VIP program here on the website is years out of date. I know people can use the ingame description but it still makes no sense that this page is still here the way it is. False advertising much?

Read it for yourselves.

VIP- Program link
  • Options
    nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 416 Arc User
    @oremonger#9999 That was a post made by a former community manager "By Andy (StrumSlinger) | Fri 07 Aug 2015 11:10:00 AM PDT" to introduced VIP. There been many changes since, you could go back years of "official website" post on different topics and make the same claim vs current in game differences.

If anything, we could only hope they increase VIP ranks in the near future with more perks like being able to summon Stronghold coffer and more daily rewards claim.

• Options
    oremonger#9999 oremonger Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    @nic1985 But that is my point. They need to either update it or remove it. If you google Neverwinter VIP that is the result you get.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,099 Arc User

The bramble key can be purchased from the vendor in the invoking circle just inside the gate in Sharandar. it costs 20 colden crescents. These can be purchased from the vendor between the 1st and 2nd area gates for 5 Fomorian concoctions.

Campaign Tracker; Sharandar store.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

Thanks for all the helpful explanations.
    But I stand by my initial verdict.
    VIP is fancy way for saying subscription, which in most other MMOs means you get FULL access to EVERYTHING.

That´s my feedback.

Please tell me what content you don't have access. VIP or not, you have FULL access to EVERYTHING.
    VIP provides tools for a better quality of playing, it's not some kind of early access or specific content for VIP only.

• Options
    VIP is not a subscription. You just consider it is a subscription yourself.
    VIP does not give you everything.
    In other game, without subscription, you probably cannot even play certain content if not all.
    In this game, without VIP, you can play all the content.
  • Options
    edited September 2019

Wow, this is a hotter topic than I thought.
    Maybe you guys defending this obvious ploy to sell keys should remind yourself that there are other F2P titles that give out the whole content for free too.
    And then try to get your money by inconveniencing you at every step possible.
    Their "VIP" subscription then at least allows access to the whole game during the time and I consider dungeon/chest keys part of the game content.

Who wouldn´t?
    Well, obviously some people here.

You did not have to have VIP to get dungeon keys. There was at least one free key per day per character in PE.
    You also did not have to have VIP to use VIP dungeon keys.
    i.e. you could collect 90 VIP keys per character for one month VIP and then not having VIP.
    Many of us do not pay real money to get VIP.
    Some refuse to get VIP although they can get it without paying real money.
  • Options
    greywynd said:

Campaign Tracker; Sharandar store.
    If you don't make them run once in a while, the companions get fat. To say nothing of the adventurers...
  • Options

Wow, this is a hotter topic than I thought.
    Maybe you guys defending this obvious ploy to sell keys should remind yourself that there are other F2P titles that give out the whole content for free too.
    And then try to get your money by inconveniencing you at every step possible.
    Their "VIP" subscription then at least allows access to the whole game during the time and I consider dungeon/chest keys part of the game content.

Who wouldn´t?
    Well, obviously some people here.

There isn't any chest at the end of a dungeon that you can pay to open, that cannot be opened for free buy playing the game.
  • Options
    lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    I just read the VIP announcement post and it contains this statement:

"VIP is a loyalty program, designed to reward players with cool benefits and features that enhance convenience. It is not required for the full Neverwinter experience."

The current VIP program. however different it may be to what was originally posted is still true to that statement above.

@redhawk321#6379, in time you will learn not to expect the same quality of development/features that you may have experienced in other, larger MMOs. You will also learn that comparing NW to other MMOs is a fruitless and disappointing past time.

They are not the same quality of beast.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs