test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Queuing for CTA is Impossible - Frustration High

I am trying to get into the queue for the CTA event and I am at my breaking point right now. This new queuing restriction where the teams have to be 3dps 1heal 1tank is making it impossible for me to get into a queue. Yes, I could make a group and I have tried making one but usually when I'm on the servers are pretty dead and no one is looking. I know this event is only 4 days long, and I would like to make the 3 Token of Heroes I can so I can get the sweet Griffon, but I can't even get into *one* CTA, let alone *ten*.

How is this fair? Yes, I'm a DPS and now I feel punished for being so. If as I read in a post earlier the Neverwinter population was 5% healers, does that means that the rest of the 75% (5% healer, 5% tank, 15% dps get in) now have to suffer and not get into a queue? Before anyone suggests it, again, I have tried making groups and I also understand the private groups don't have to have the tank or healer, but I am tearing my hair out trying to get into one of these things.

The last CTA was an easy click the queuing button and BAM you're in. Sure you're team most likely sucked, but I could handle it. Now I'm being punished for choosing the character I wanted to play as opposed to one that is more demand. PLEASE DEVS PLEASE FIX THIS *cries*

Comments

• Options
    andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Honestly I q'd as dps and just farmed other things and it pops eventually. This is status quo if you are q'ing as a less-needed class. They are going to address this with role bonuses but I'm guessing that isn't live
    Post edited by andorrabell on
  • Options
    It's probably meant to be an incentive to build the other side of your class and it does tend to work ;) I know I q on my sw and paladin either way depending on what I'm doing and whether I want to wait on a Q.
  • Options
    miliantriciamiliantricia Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    There, even in a group of healers, tanks and 3 DPS, there is nothing to do. They give very few medals, which makes this event worthless.
    I'm shocked by this
  • Options
    ccs2009#5244 ccs2009 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    If you're a dps, why not just solo it ? Or have they made that not a choice now as well ?
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    edited September 2019

If you're a dps, why not just solo it ? Or have they made that not a choice now as well ?

I'm pretty sure the event is now leveled - it seems to be even more so than the Garrandar event was.

I remember past instances of this event were cakewalks - those you could solo with minimal effort. Not anymore.

And as others have noted - the rewards do not remotely equate with the level of effort required to finish.
  • Options

And as others have noted - the rewards do not remotely equate with the level of effort required to finish.

I agree, but not 100% agree...I ran the last cta Garrundar the Vile solo on melee hr, dreadnaught gf, dps barb, and tho it was harder than with a group (and certainly harder than soloing cta's pre-mod 16)....I got 3 coins for each toon. In addition I got lots of transmutes, dyes, vanity pet (meh), and the Mighty main hand for each toon. The medallions drop like candy running solo, along with loads of platinum bowls to turn into gold to sell/trade/craft whatever. Que time of course was instant...and tho I am on PS4, when we do get these new queue changes..I could care less. I run with the same group usually when doing dungeons, so it's just the events to be soloed...

I only have an issue with the purple rage drake and battle horn. I got 1 of each the first cta I ran a few months ago, so any others I get now are just a waste. I wish each cta had something unique other than the vanity pets.

• Options
    joelmessedup#5710 joelmessedup Member Posts: 35 Arc User

I remember past instances of this event were cakewalks - those you could solo with minimal effort. Not anymore.
    Yup, it's pretty tough if you do alone, at least at my IL which is 21k...they haven't scaled it properly just yet to fix that....def not what it used to be...this guy gets it =)
  • Options

It's probably meant to be an incentive to build the other side of your class and it does tend to work

As a Warlock, this just doesn't work...Soulweaver is the saddest of healers by a longggg shot...i'd feel guilty making others carry my pathetic soulweaver butt through it all...i wanna be a DPS, why should i be punished for it ?
  • Options
    tigerdrsk#8993 tigerdrsk Member Posts: 103 Arc User

It's probably meant to be an incentive to build the other side of your class and it does tend to work

As a Warlock, this just doesn't work...Soulweaver is the saddest of healers by a longggg shot...i'd feel guilty making others carry my pathetic soulweaver butt through it all...i wanna be a DPS, why should i be punished for it ?
    depends how you play it. in ctas i actually did pretty well with healing. if you set them up a certain way they can keep members alive long enough to smash everything in their wake and it's actually good when they do.
  • Options
    grrowler#0622 grrowler Member Posts: 185 Arc User

Yup, it's pretty tough if you do alone, at least at my IL which is 21k...they haven't scaled it properly just yet to fix that....def not what it used to be...this guy gets it =)

Hi - sorry, I am not very familiar with the neverwinter queue system.

Is it possible even to solo the CTA skirmishes? As far as I know, the only way to get into the CTA skirmish is to queue for them, wait for everyone to accept. Is there a way to bypass this to get in solo?
    (not that I would want to) - but I was always curious to know if it is possible to get into certain skirmishes/dungeons as solo.
  • Options
    jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    It is possible, but annoying, takes long and as soon as you have to pop a single potion just because somebody thought we need heals and tanks for stuff like that I feel like going to bed early is the best thing to do.
    Seriously. "LF CTA" got only one answer u get, often pm'd: "Why you even running it".
    Events (except TOO) should be able to RQ, and if an event doesn't pop something is very wrong.
    Enforcing the trinity <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on players after years of running the same events for the same kind of rewards (and/or RNG) is just a sign of how far devs and players are drifting apart.

TL;DR sure you can solo it. Why would you want to, tho.

To the post above: Solo and premade are private queues. You can queue everything in the window solo, two ppl or so on... You can also solo Tomm and see how fast he kills you, funnier than MEs! Think its the second "tab" in the queueing window, try it out on something easy.
    - bye bye -
  • Options
    jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    Also, I spent all my time on my fkn dps, everything on it is fkn bound! I wouldn't mind doing / buying campaigns on my OP but never ever am I going to spend millions of AD on an alt again! For what, nerfs and classchanges, "ffs adjust to it" every mod, overpriced bis comps nerfed into the ground within a mod and all of that for a healing/shielding mechanics that I hate, just so that we can run some content whenever it is actually released in a playable state?
    There is a reason many people got just dps mains. The answer is not 10k AD more or less for it (the cap is still there lol)
    - bye bye -
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    CTA's are still soloable...all I did was rearrange some things to hit the arpen, defense and accuracy cap for that scaled content (55k - 57k). I swapped out the undermountain comp gear for +5 bolds, added some r9 arcane runestones, swapped guild and mount boons and it was much easier. While yes, having this scaling system crammed down our throats, which definitely is what they have done, it is still manageable. Key is to have a different loadout for scaled content.

To check scaled content, just choose to solo queue, when you jack in stand by the campfire and adjust your stats accordingly.
  • Options
    agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    stoniar said:

Hi - sorry, I am not very familiar with the neverwinter queue system.

Is it possible even to solo the CTA skirmishes? As far as I know, the only way to get into the CTA skirmish is to queue for them, wait for everyone to accept. Is there a way to bypass this to get in solo?
    (not that I would want to) - but I was always curious to know if it is possible to get into certain skirmishes/dungeons as solo.
    Yes you can enter instances solo via the queue system. By default the queue is "public" which means you'll need everyone (on a 1-tank 1-heal 3-dps group composition) to accept. But there's the "private" queue that has less IL requirements, and you're free to do what you want. You can queue solo, in semi-groups, with 5 tanks, leave the instance without penalty, etc.
  • Options
    blag001blag001 Member Posts: 201 Arc User

I'm pretty sure the event is now leveled - it seems to be even more so than the Garrandar event was.

All said and done there...
    This event is harder now and doesn't worth the rewards. So, even less people are going for it. Why do that for Tokens to buy outdated stuff?

• Options
    edited September 2019

Wrong. Sw heals are good. But if you get in a group with bad DPS the event is extremely difficult. But every time I've q'd dps, even on my not quite right cleric I've been able to carry my groups in about 5 minutes. So really, if you just go in with one good dps and one decent healer, it really didn't seem that bad. Granted, my definition of good dps is probably pretty skewed to the high end.
  • Options

To the post above: Solo and premade are private queues. You can queue everything in the window solo, two ppl or so on... You can also solo Tomm and see how fast he kills you, funnier than MEs! Think its the second "tab" in the queueing window, try it out on something easy.

thank you jules/agilesto - I guess I just never took the time to understand the queue system, but I see that private tab now. I will try this out. I remember a few years back trying to solo content, and remember reading at the time that certain dungeons were no longer soloable, so I thought that grouping had become a requirement.
  • Options

Welcome to higher mods where this is an absolute *$$# show to even attempt. Unless you are exactly endgame there's a snowball's chance in you know where to even complete it do to the crappy scaling implemented.

The change? Just no, $#$* no. I might be in a minority on how many characters I run but do the devs honestly understand how long it takes to run 10 of these $%^&* things per character when you want to do 10+ characters a day? It's not fun to sit there by a screen for 8+ hours and now you want to pad even more time to do it by classes? I think whatever you are doing at the office take a step back from the screen and actually look at what you do for anything you touch lately because it far reeks on how much you just don't play this game and just push things out. From the failure mod 16 was on its launch to breaking mod 17 on its launch you're going to wreck one of the only good events you had going just so people have to take an even more absurd amount of time finish it feasibly. Do you know how much of a pain it's going to be on console to even find that percentage of people? Let alone the numbers of people that would even be able to complete it in a timely manner? You want 10 runs and people should be able to clear it within 3 mins TOPS per run there's no excuse. What you're proposing is extended time due to how many more characters will be far lower due to alts made to compensate, but also ruining those of us who planned to use certain characters in runs not for this set up. I purposely ran 24 in guar's to get 3 tokens each and most of those classes were dps so I could be done with the runs and get all my characters their gryphons. Now I'm definitely in the minority of how many characters i have (55) but for anyone that even has about 10 or so it's just not right to pull that rug out from under us or anyone for that matter. Had I known you would have done this, I would have did more variation in the runs to prevent this type of HAMSTER from happening with using different characters. It's not cool and very anti consumer to change things where you THINK they will just work. STOP IT. It's an unnecessary change and doesn't make balance where it's not needed. You fail to understand how any of your queues work these days from how badly you didn't listen to those who told you time and again on your preview shards on how 16 worked and still pushed it through and how much of a player base you lost.

You know where the time should have went on this? How about fixing the exploitation of the afk leechers during these events? Where's that fix? You have an absurd amount of 15k+ il players purposely sitting at the entrance EVERY SINGLE SKIRMISH that refuse to even bother to assist for whatever reason. There's no excuse for this and in turn makes them drag out far longer, and now you throw in class requirements? Wonderful.

I bet if you had a zen boycott you just might see things a bit more clearly. Because you know how things are going with everything, the players that are left are probably gonna do something like that. Just saying because when you upset a lot of people, they won't pay for things. Rule of thumb for entertainment, keep your customers happy because if you don't someone else will.
    YES !!! ALL.OF.THIS! I cannot even begin to explain how many "tickets" I have opened on a stupid AFKer sitting at the beginning of a skirmish just to be told that there's nothing against that in the rules so they're not going to pursue anything. How frustrating it is for a player like me who actually *tries* her best in the game only to be punished because they allow others to be HAMSTER players.

I hope the Devs at least read some of this because these restrictions are getting to be too much and it makes me sad that I will have to find another game to play, when I've spent so much time and effort AND MONEY into this game. Again...why am I being punished? This whole game is one big punishment. You wanna play DPS? PUNISHED!!! You wanna not play with AFKers? PUNISHED!!!! You wanna have multiple toons? PUNISHED!!!!
  • Options

Wrong. Sw heals are good. But if you get in a group with bad DPS the event is extremely difficult. But every time I've q'd dps, even on my not quite right cleric I've been able to carry my groups in about 5 minutes. So really, if you just go in with one good dps and one decent healer, it really didn't seem that bad. Granted, my definition of good dps is probably pretty skewed to the high end.
    Okay, so Soulweavers are better now, yes I understand that. But my point still stands....I want to be a DPS Warlock, why am I being PUNISHED for wanting to play the toon I want? Why should I even *HAVE* to consider being a Soulweaver just so I can get into a queue in less than 25 minutes? So basically what I'm being told is, play what THEY want you to play and you'll go far, but LORD HELP YA if ya wanna play the character and class you actually would enjoy most.
  • Options
    rorrik#3186 rorrik Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    CTA Events used to be some of my favorites. Since the scaling and new Queuing system Its not any fun anymore. I spend more time waiting around then actually playing.
  • Options

You know where the time should have went on this? How about fixing the exploitation of the afk leechers during these events? Where's that fix? You have an absurd amount of 15k+ il players purposely sitting at the entrance EVERY SINGLE SKIRMISH that refuse to even bother to assist for whatever reason. There's no excuse for this and in turn makes them drag out far longer, and now you throw in class requirements? Wonderful.
    YES !!! ALL.OF.THIS! I cannot even begin to explain how many "tickets" I have opened on a stupid AFKer sitting at the beginning of a skirmish just to be told that there's nothing against that in the rules so they're not going to pursue anything. How frustrating it is for a player like me who actually *tries* her best in the game only to be punished because they allow others to be HAMSTER players.
    sorry to agree with this across multiple threads, but this is so true - if anything needs to be changed about the queues in general, it is dealing with the afk leechers. there needs to be some type of gating where you you are not rewarded if you have not participated in the skirmish/dungeon - the issue of course is how to determine this. it is just frustrating to see someone afk at the entrance until the end at which point the leecher moves to the chest.
  • Options
    finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    I have no issues here
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    I don't know how low level you are but if you have a reasonable dps cta is soloable and not that painful to solo. i que on my dc and solo my three deeps