test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Companion action rate reduced

As the title states. In mod 15 my companion (apprentice healer) would proc frequently for both healing and casting sunburst. Now (m16) i literally get no healing during a fight, one healing spell after and i have yet to see sunburst proc.

This needs to be fixed asap. Especially since there's no longer any life steal.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Issue has been reported previously and is being investigated!
  • Options
    caldochaud#4880 caldochaud Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    I've experienced healing companions on PC Neverwinter who prefer to just stand and do nothing. Even the Bulette Pup's heal doesn't appear to be kicking in lately. I find that using a Ioun Stone Augment is the only workaround to this problem with the extra stat-boost improving the chances of survival.
    "Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire." - Sir Bernard Williams
  • Options
    kungskabb#9290 kungskabb Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Yes something is busted, I have repeatedly seen my companion stand completely still for the entire fight, as if it cannot decide what to attack. Or come running when the fight is already over.
  • Options
    garret84garret84 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Field Medic shows the same attutude as stated for Apprentice healer. Heals only inbetween fights, when out of combat.
  • Options
    merik1999merik1999 Member Posts: 141 Arc User

Issue has been reported previously and is being investigated!

In other words. The Devs think we are all cry babies and nothing is being done. It's not like this is a new complaint. This has been reported since day one. It would be better if they came out and said. This is just how it is going to be.
  • Options
    mrdanthedeadman#3794 mrdanthedeadman Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    garret84 said:

Field Medic shows the same attutude as stated for Apprentice healer. Heals only inbetween fights, when out of combat.

From my experience with healing companions, it isn't them healing you in between fights. Just your native regen, with the companion occasionally healing after you are full. But companions in general are buggy, have seen plenty of peoples companion do nothing in battle and at times follow someone else in the party around.

I've experienced healing companions on PC Neverwinter who prefer to just stand and do nothing. Even the Bulette Pup's heal doesn't appear to be kicking in lately. I find that using a Ioun Stone Augment is the only workaround to this problem with the extra stat-boost improving the chances of survival.

Bulette pup doesn't have a heal, it's defense slot ability does give you a chance to heal. Sorry if you already know this, just been running into a lot of people who don't know about slotting companion abilities.
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    I suspect you are seeing the same thing we have reported since launch on PC. Heals are 10% or lower than they were pre-Mod 16. They are useless. And yes the healing out of combat is regen and nothing to do with your healing pet. Just switch to non-healer and you will still see healing out of combat. The most we have gotten from them is "where looking into it" in one of the Foss twitch videos. So for now switch to non healer or switch as soon as you can get an augment or decent striker leveled up.
  • Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    empalas said:

I suspect you are seeing the same thing we have reported since launch on PC. Heals are 10% or lower than they were pre-Mod 16. They are useless. And yes the healing out of combat is regen and nothing to do with your healing pet. Just switch to non-healer and you will still see healing out of combat. The most we have gotten from them is "where looking into it" in one of the Foss twitch videos. So for now switch to non healer or switch as soon as you can get an augment or decent striker leveled up.

The onlydecent striker i've seen so far is XUNA, noone of the other companions i have a usefull dmg, the paranoid delusion i na Ranger attack fast and is active in combat but do so litlle dmg that i tuner him off for a black Ice Stone

on PC almost everyone is using augments pets atm, is a pity since thaving they powerful was pretty fun on preview at start , if they had half the npower and heals they had then would be awesome...
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    rafaelda said:

empalas said:

The onlydecent striker i've seen so far is XUNA, noone of the other companions i have a usefull dmg, the paranoid delusion i na Ranger attack fast and is active in combat but do so litlle dmg that i tuner him off for a black Ice Stone

on PC almost everyone is using augments pets atm, is a pity since thaving they powerful was pretty fun on preview at start , if they had half the npower and heals they had then would be awesome...
    Fire Archon, Air Archon, and Razorwood are all decent and serviceable companions. I have not had any issues with these companions.

I rarely now use attacking companions as the bonus stats from an augment out weight the damage, tanking or buffing a companion can offer.

I did try the Earth Archon and his ability to generate threat does not generate any threat. Just saying.
  • Options
    symphonia#1951 symphonia Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    My heal companion is a waste of space. He just hangs around getting killed, doesn't do any healing and once I am out of combat, I don't really need him to heal me because of auto regeneration. I doubt it will be worth spending vast sums on upgrading him. His next upgrade will cost me a million astral diamonds. But it doesn't matter how fancy he is if he doesn't heal when needed. 0 x 0 = 0