test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Average Wait Time for dungeons

award9award9 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 87 Arc User
Who is the AWT for?

It's never been accurate for me on any queue. It's gone from 4 minutes to 3 minutes in the last hour and still hasn't popped. I try to ignore it, but it's bothering me so I keep thinking about it. The timer just went back up to 4 minutes. :\

Comments

• Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    I am assuming that you are queuing as DPS. The average wait time is for all roles, so all those tanks and healers that get almost instant queues will skew the average.
  • Options
    merik1999merik1999 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    yeah, they need an AWT for DPS. it will never happen, but would be nice
  • Options
    award9award9 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 87 Arc User
    Yes I was queuing as dps. Thank you for explaining it. An AWT for each role would be nice.
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    Just to make the math easy, let us assume 2 dps and 2 support(tank+heal) in the team. And let us assume the support get into a dungeon immediately on queueing.

Then all wait minutes will come from the dps, and the dps will experience a wait time that is the double of what is reported as the average wait time.

So roughly: as a dps you can assume your average wait time will be twice as long as what is reported.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    And what have we learned form this? More people should play support or tank :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing