test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Character "Background" did not select properly

theafy#2232 theafy Member Posts: 3 Arc User
I recently purchased Knox' veteran recruitment order to make a new level 70 toon.
1) I selected a paladin, deity as Selune, and set his background to be from the Northdark(Underdark exile).
2) I then went through the rest of the creation process and added him to the world. At the last overview screen of the toon, he still had "from the Northdark" as his background.
3) However...

Result - As the screenshot above shows, this toon apparently is from Amn. I definetely did not select from Amn as my background. Also I believe Chauntean is a bugged title as well, I selected Selune as my deity but the game awarded two deity titles? *shrug*

The screenshot below is what I took after I created the level 70 toon, replicating exactly what I selected prior. I selected the "new character", not the level 70 new character as I did not have another of the recruitment order, so some minor details(which hopefully do not matter) may differ.

I contacted support immediately, and was directed to the bug forums. They also said they couldn't change my background unfortunately.
At this point I am fine with this and it's not too much of a deal however I do not want this to happen in the future...please fix.

Comments

• Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Thank you for reporting! We are unable to change a character's background but I will pass this on for investigation.

(From an role-playing perspective, not sure what your character is like but maybe this could be played up as forged background documentation that your character needed for some adventure)