test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My take on last 2 mods

This is just my opinion, the last two mods have completely destroyed my enjoyment of the game.
The workshop idea is a bust for me, as I have very little interest in wasting my time running backwards and forwards to it for little or no reward
Loading times are terrible as of mod 16
companions are completely useless as they do no damage whatso ever
the heirloom pack that I bought is now useless. It use to level to 12 now you only get one level and the assassin in useless
If I have missed anything then please feel free to fire your comments my way, but as I said earlier this is just my take on things

Comments

• zakblackzakblack Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Also the Paladin which I had spent many hours perfecting is now so weak even at level 80, mobs that it used to destroy with ease now put up a good fight to the extent that it dies more than it should
  • magekazin#3980 magekazin Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    My only problem with the workshop from mod 15 is that there has been nothing new for crafting in mod 16 or as of right now mod 17. Otherwise now that I have it up and running other then my success has gone down a bit, I have no real problems with it.

Can't say that I have bad loading times other then in high traffic areas, which was always the case.

Companions have gone over a complete redo. Augments are the way to go now and will give you the most ban for your buck. The only non augments I see players running that I would suggest are the few that still give some kind of buff like the Golden lion or harper bard.

As for the Paladin, my main is also a paladin, has been for years. Mine has zero problems with killing anything, sure some times they need a second smite, but mostly things die quickly enough. As for my paladin surviving, other then the last boss in Lomm, which only is a problem if my timing is off, nothing really does enough damage to me to make me worry, or die. In the current mod, you must have your defense stats right, having all really does make a difference, and pump up that HP, 550k to 600k at least.
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    not that its really goin to make a difference but my MAIN problem with this mod (16)is apart from the movement speeds now.... the COMBAT system..... an no i aint talkin abt the daily spamin abllity stuff..... um talkn in general.... EVRYTHING is way slower an takes WAY more time then it used to.... i mean alost 20 seconds cooldown on icey terrain for a wizard? or right at 20 seconds on fireball? i mean ya sure evrythin seems easier but.... EVRYTHING is WAY slower compared to the speeds of the past.... an thats my biggest problem.... its more grindingly slower
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

not that its really goin to make a difference but my MAIN problem with this mod (16)is apart from the movement speeds now.... the COMBAT system..... an no i aint talkin abt the daily spamin abllity stuff..... um talkn in general.... EVRYTHING is way slower an takes WAY more time then it used to.... i mean alost 20 seconds cooldown on icey terrain for a wizard? or right at 20 seconds on fireball? i mean ya sure evrythin seems easier but.... EVRYTHING is WAY slower compared to the speeds of the past.... an thats my biggest problem.... its more grindingly slower

Movement speed can be resolved by using two gladiator guile mount insignia bonus.

Here are the issues that still exist in mod 16

1) Combat is tedious, slow and boring
    2) Action Points gains are not properly working
    3) Companion update was suppose to give us more options but it hasn't and we are back to the same old same old where only specific ones are worth using
    4) Classes are far from being balanced
    5) To much RNG still
    6) The slower combat with bad RNG makes this game more tedious than it needs to be and making players quit sooner
    7) Completion of content now is 2x longer than in prior mods
    8) Rewards for completing content do not align up to the time it takes to run the content

I really hope that mod 18 bring back buffing to this game with a buffer role when and if a Bard class is introduced. It would be nice to have that in this game.

Right now I simply log into the game, run my 3 ME, summer fest, leveling Q, intermediate Q, see if I can join a LoMM run and if not than I log. Roughly 60 minutes of my time.

This update is similar to what DCUO did but I like DCUO update as mechanics actually mattered when DCUO did their update. This game simply stick together just like old but intead of trying to get buffs you are now getting heals. Stupid and well, no real mechanics.
  • shakinggamer#3136 shakinggamer Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    zakblack said:

This is just my opinion, the last two mods have completely destroyed my enjoyment of the game.
    The workshop idea is a bust for me, as I have very little interest in wasting my time running backwards and forwards to it for little or no reward
    Loading times are terrible as of mod 16
    companions are completely useless as they do no damage whatso ever
    the heirloom pack that I bought is now useless. It use to level to 12 now you only get one level and the assassin in useless
    If I have missed anything then please feel free to fire your comments my way, but as I said earlier this is just my take on things

they made tiamat way to hard o have 14 keys for tiamat but can not use them cause i can not beat tiamat
  • finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    Mod 16 campaign was fun tho but scaling is bs.
    My favorite stat ( lifesteal ) is gone :(
    My favorite class ( Scourge warlock ) gone or doesn't feel the same anymore.

Mod 16 final verdict: 5-
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

• magekazin#3980 magekazin Member Posts: 52 Arc User

Here are the issues that still exist in mod 16

1) Combat is tedious, slow and boring
    Not sure about you, but combat, now that I have a handle on it still runs fine. I'm still getting 18 min and under T9 runs, Heck got down to 16min 35 seconds. That's far from slow. I think a lot of players big problem is as you stated the buffs are all but gone. And with them gone the ability to one phase bosses is gone, and for some that is just something they just don't want to lose.

Not I'm not saying that this mod is perfect, there is a lot that needs tweaking, but it isn't the death of the game either.
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User

I really hope that mod 18 bring back buffing to this game with a buffer role when and if a Bard class is introduced. It would be nice to have that in this game.

I think the devs have shown us that they are unable to balance any sort of buffer class. Sure, being able to buff increased group synergy, but it also trivialized content. In many ways things are better now that everyone is responsible for your own DPS (and to some extend for your own survival). Teamwork is still required, but you can no longer just mindlessly charge through a dungeon holding down the mouse button confident your party is buffing you to 5000% of your normal damage.

The devs went to great effort to remove buffs in Mod 16 - I don't see them adding them back so quickly in the future.
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited July 2019

Not sure about you, but combat, now that I have a handle on it still runs fine. I'm still getting 18 min and under T9 runs, Heck got down to 16min 35 seconds. That's far from slow. I think a lot of players big problem is as you stated the buffs are all but gone. And with them gone the ability to one phase bosses is gone, and for some that is just something they just don't want to lose.

Not I'm not saying that this mod is perfect, there is a lot that needs tweaking, but it isn't the death of the game either.

The reason you are doing content so quickly is that enemies health have been nerfed to the ground. PC players on 4/22 had to deal with higher health enemies. Meaning Undermountain and older content took longer. PC player also had lower stats from enchantments as well. What consoles got was the patched/fixed game on 6/18 and not the original design. The reality is your 18 minute T9, well you wouldn't be able to complete it as most players cannot produce enough damage to beat Rasi without all of the changes to the game. If the devs never did those changes I believe many players wouldn't be playing.

With that said, I find that the decrease in health has made some content to easy. I would rather have the devs kept the health of enemies as is and just decrease our cool downs by 25%. I think that would have been a better longer term solution. It also would have kept the challenge in the game after the true bugs were fixed. Even with lower cool downs you wouldn't be doing 18 minutes T9. But we got the lower enemy health making content to easy.

The devs never really resolved any issues such as power creep. We still have it; player are up to over 200K power. IMO, they actually caused a bigger issue with this mod and that is allowing us to have so much power and enemies health being so much lower.