test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Runic Specters

rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
Recently, I have started to notice that when you get runic specters in an ME, they are now spawning double.

So, instead of a chance that when you kill a critter of it spawning a specter, it is now spawning 2!

In group play of 3 or more, this isn't too noticeable.
But when you are solo or in an ME with on other person, the specters just overwhelm.

Please fix the spawning of the specters.

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    I fought 4 before. It also can spawn specter to fight for you. I also had 3 helpers before. Yes, I solo.
    I don't think this is a bug.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    There is a chance for every critter you kill for a specter to spawn. Kill a mob of 5 and you may have to deal with 5. I've never seen more than one spawn from any given single kill.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    @plasticbat and @greywynd

I respect both of your posts, but yes, there are double specters spawning.

An Alliance friend and me, we usually run MEs every evening.
    The other night, we were running our normal routine, and during the first map, I was thinking there are a lot of specters.
    I asked my buddy running with me and he agreed and thought so too.

So we did a test on one map. And saw that two specters spawned out of one critter. We then saw it again at a few of the end bosses. One I think was the beholder, and the other was the shambing mound boss.

We probably will run MEs tonight, I will see if I can get a screenshot.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    greywynd said:

There is a chance for every critter you kill for a specter to spawn. Kill a mob of 5 and you may have to deal with 5. I've never seen more than one spawn from any given single kill.

I have only ever noticed more than one spawn when fighting a boss at the end. Occasionally it has spawned 2 on death.

On mobs I have never paid attention since we normally pull a few groups together to kill them all at once.

The other night, we were running our normal routine, and during the first map, I was thinking there are a lot of specters.

So we did a test on one map. And saw that two specters spawned out of one critter. We then saw it again at a few of the end bosses. One I think was the beholder, and the other was the shambing mound boss.

Question: Was only one of you cursed? Or both of you were cursed? I wonder if both of you register the kill on the same critter, it would spawn for each one of you.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

Question: Was only one of you cursed? Or both of you were cursed? I wonder if both of you register the kill on the same critter, it would spawn for each one of you.
    Thats an interesting question.
    To tell you the truth I'm not sure.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    the spectors are also spawning when that isn't your curse. not always but sometimes.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hey folks! I'll circle back with the team on this for clarification!
    Thanks Julia for asking someone to look into this.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    I ran some MEs later on with @rifter1969 and another alliance member (we're all in the same alliance) and boy we were getting swarmed by them. It seemed like they were double- and triple-spawning.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    I do solo with my characters. So far, I have not noticed double spawning. I did pay certain attention about the spawning because I prefer to kill the specter first before normal mob if I can.
  • beveragebbb#8975 beveragebbb Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Amusingly, if you have a ghost companion active and it takes over a mob, if a specter spawns when that mob dies the specter will join you as another companion. This can happen multiple times, my boyfriend had 4 specter companions at one stage. It's quite amusing.

Amusingly, if you have a ghost companion active and it takes over a mob, if a specter spawns when that mob dies the specter will join you as another companion. This can happen multiple times, my boyfriend had 4 specter companions at one stage. It's quite amusing.

I have no ghost companion. I had specter helpers many times. I also had 4 specter helpers once.
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    Just had this happen to me in one of the new Warden expeditions. Specifically it was a 3 rune solo run, i got tagged first by reduced pow/def, then runic specters rune bane. I hit soo many of those elder runes( barb cant shift-key through them like most classes) I cannot tell if i had another rune bane add on me, but the active rune banes only listed reduced pow/def and runic specters, once each. Whether they spawned double during trash fights, I could not tell, but they Most Assuredly spawned double from the mini-bosses, and the final end boss.
  • eversummer#1666 eversummer Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    might be because you triggered twice a trap with "runic specter spawn on kill". all active rune banes dont display if you hit a bunch a traps