test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Prevent party Queue in newest dungeon/trial/skirm

mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
In order to allow all players To play end game content and also to promote social interaction(something group q prevent) please consider removing Preformed queue groups in the latest dungeon/trial/skirm. This will prevent the anti social XP only queue forming and will help people socialize something the dev's on numerous times said they want(reason not more solo content)

EDIT: this will also create a added difficulty level that many pretend they want.
There are more than BIS players in this game
RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

Comments

• Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    How the hell preventing me to do content with my friends is a social encouragement.

Enough of this. We got it that you can't run it, hell, I'll probably won't be able to run it either. But this "me me me" / "if I can't, no one else should enjoy" behavior goes over any conceivable limits.

Yes, it is not meant for you, if you can't do LoMM, here you go, there is LoMM to do. But these attempts to screw other people content just for spite....

• Options
    tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    mynaam said:

In order to allow all players To play end game content and also to promote social interaction(something group q prevent) please consider removing Preformed queue groups in the latest dungeon/trial/skirm. This will prevent the anti social XP only queue forming and will help people socialize something the dev's on numerous times said they want(reason not more solo content)

EDIT: this will also create a added difficulty level that many pretend they want.

and the Prize for the worst thread of the week goes to ... \o/ \o/ Mynaam \o/ \o/ congratulations!!
  • Options
    utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    mynaam said:

In order to allow all players To play end game content and also to promote social interaction(something group q prevent)

Many of the pre-formed groups are formed in public channels. This is the social interaction you mentioned. Conversely, a lot of people you run into in queue groups don't respond or listen.

• Options
    liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    This is a joke post, right?
    When a new dungeonn/trial/skirm is released, those of us on team speak in our alliance will run through it, and chat while we're running it, we'll look up posts and video's of others who have run it, we'll talk about the mechanics, and once we've figured it out, we'll help others in the alliance (or on our friends list who aren't in the alliance) through.
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • Options
    dawndilion#7316 dawndilion Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Lol someone has never pugged anything past intermediate and it shows 😂 9 times out of 10, you can't complete bank heist with a pug. People who barely make ilvl requirements, don't have needed stats, who don't listen or respond to any advice about mechanics. The social aspect of the game isn't pugs. It's guilds, alliances, and zone chat.
  • Options
    oremonger#9999 oremonger Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    Sounds like the OP needs to join a new Guild or Alliance and build a friends list. There is absolutely no way that many dungeons in this game can be completed in less that 2-3 hours in a PUG without coordination and communication.

Here is a few tips for you OP. The next time you are in a successful group try inviting them all to be your friends. You may not get every one of them to accept, but in a week or two you will have a friends list built up full of people who you can invite to a premade group of your own. Making a good premade group requires effort and communication.

Join some custom channels. There are many that have very low requirements and will invite you just for asking. Once in the channel actually participate! When in a successful group add all of them to your friends list also, and then ask them if they know of any custom channels and can get you invited to them.

After a week or two of this you will have more groups than you know what to do with. If you don't then it may be time to look at your playstyle and attitude.

By looking at your post count and title I think you already know all of this though. Are you trolling? DO you really want to try and punish people for making premade groups? Are you trying to get a rise out of some of us just for kicks?
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    mynaam said:

Why don't we just go about this a different way.

Instead of preventing private queues, what if there was a mandatory "carry slot" in the private queue. Then everyone that can't get the dungeon done by themselves can get their free carry by queuing up for a carry slot and stop complaining about premades.

Also, maybe add a title to the game for these players too so everyone can see their massive achievement. Maybe something like "I got my participation trophy in LoMM" or "Backpacking4Life"?

Now good players can set up their premades AND carry a spectator along!