test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Master Expedition Monsters STILL getting stuck in walls.

huijianhuijian Member Posts: 73 Arc User
During Master Expeditions, monsters are getting stuck in walls, doors, and other objects leaving all players in a team unable to exit combat mode and progress to next area of dungeon (and in some cases also unable to collect a nearby relic). Currently the only workaround is for one of the players to die and run all the way back. Below are a few screenshots of a few of the locations where this occurs. There are also a few other locations that I didn't get opportunity to screenshot where this happens.

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2019
    I finally located exactly where the monsters are getting stuck at the point (in the images below). This monster prevents the party from progressing beyond this point because of the in-combat state. I'm not sure if the monsters are spawning in that state, or if players are somehow knocking them into that spot with knockback skills or effects. Often when I have opportunity I try to lure all the monsters back to the bridge area then kill them which usually prevents this issue.

Hope this helps

Thanks

The monsters are DEFINITELY spawning stuck in the doors.
    Post edited by huijian on
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    A few powers, Hellfire Ring from Warlock and Smokebomb and Path of the Blade from Rogue can sometimes hit them. Another trick is to summon pets that will find a way through the barrier and attack.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Having everyone in the party defeat themselves can also reset stuck NPCs. It's not ideal, but it does usually fix it.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    sometimes even just need 1 player to suicide is enough
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Okay, I understand how Q&A works, I get it, they try it once and if it works okay for them they dump the report and blame the player. But these bugs are often intermittent and require some actual intensive and repetative testing to find because the monsters don't get stuck every time and players don't get stuck every time. But nearly every player in Neverwinter has, and continues, to encountered these problems, especially on this map.
    The map in the image below not only has monsters spawning stuck in the destructible wooden doors, but also sometimes has a rune missing and has multiple spots where players are getting stuck near the invisible bridge part.

I'm not going to continue reporting this because now I've really done all I can from my end. Although it is really one of the coolest expedition maps, unfortunately I would suggest that this map be completely removed from expeditions until its fixed.

Thanks

- Skaaro
    (@huijian)
  • Options
    bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    Please fix this.......Ghost of the Deeps (giant crab ME) literally just charged into closed gates and got himself stuck. We shouldn't have to kill our characters just to "work around" a problem you have long known is an issue.
  • Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Pull monster in these area from range and let them come to you. I've noticed that this only happens when melee go rushing in.
  • Options
    jobu808jobu808 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    The same glitching in walls and doors happens on Xbox master expeditions including the crab launching itself they the cell walls on one of the end of expedition rooms.
  • Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    jobu808 said:

The same glitching in walls and doors happens on Xbox master expeditions including the crab launching itself they the cell walls on one of the end of expedition rooms.

One time I was fighting the crab and it ran through the exit gate glowing barrier and and completely vanished at full health. I can only guess the reaction at the Yawning Portal when it popped in unannounced. :#

Of course I was stuck in the ME with no way to escape. :/
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • Options
    shrineerune#9386 shrineerune Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    I've had issues when there are no mobs to hit me, and the last boss is stuck. At that point I tried to kill myself, but I couldn't use /killme to accomplish it. I had to exit the whole thing and just start from the beginning while losing that chance.
    I've also gotten stuck in the map, and unable to move myself out of the predicament. My only option was to summon my VIP guidepost and move somewhere else...which lost progress on the ME.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,229 Arc User

kreatyve said:

Having everyone in the party defeat themselves can also reset stuck NPCs. It's not ideal, but it does usually fix it.

why though? why not just fix the code?
    One is what you can do in that situation and one is what you cannot do because you are not dev.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options

I've also gotten stuck in the map, and unable to move myself out of the predicament. My only option was to summon my VIP guidepost and move somewhere else...which lost progress on the ME.

Probably looked a little something like this.....

• Options
    edited July 2019
    This is obviously a low priority issue right now because its intermittent. Only happens maybe 10% of the time, which I'm assuming is within the acceptable threshold for bugs.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User

I've had issues when there are no mobs to hit me, and the last boss is stuck. At that point I tried to kill myself, but I couldn't use /killme to accomplish it. I had to exit the whole thing and just start from the beginning while losing that chance.

The command line doesn't work anymore unless you set it as an alias. However you can still use the "H" Help Menu for Stuck, Defeat Me.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    If your stuck like I was in above image the /stuck command actually worked, but its hit & miss, sometimes it doesn't do anything at all. Seems if your stuck above the floor or at floor level the /stuck command will usually release you, but if your feet are stuck or are below floor level a little bit, the /stuck command doesn't lift you at all, it just sort of tries to shift your position horizontally.
  • Options
    b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    I ran a ME a few day's back and this crab decided to jump off the edge of the cliff and got stuck in the floor. Like the worm use to do. I tried many work arounds but found that a ranged summon pet can go places we cant and kill the boss. Sure takes a bit but hey it works. With that said I will add that most of these type issues was present at the start of this mod and most was reported but never fixed.
    Some may say that it isnt that important to fix and to a degree is right but when a bug causes you to miss out on a daily because your unsure how to work around a bug that shouldnt be present to start with it gets frustrating. They need to fix these issues.
    Here is another issue in ME when you fight hati and enough dps on it causes the boss to sit there and look stupid well thats a issue should be fixed to.
  • Options
    bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    Lets add the Gravemaster to list of annoying mobs who get themselves stuck. Saw one teleport off a cliff and get stuck on a lower protrusion today. Luckily Staff of flowers seems to work, albeit slowly, for these instances, but being a barbarian normally prevents reaching in this instance without dying myself. Would be a great help if this issue actually gained some traction with the dev team.
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

We tried that, and the Manticore was still stuck in the floor. the Good News was one of our alts went into the Floor and killed the Manticore. Now, where is our 1000 IL armor, it's been weeks since i got a piece.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Team is aware of this and continues to investigate/work on a fix.