test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Alabaster Weapons

13»

Comments

• silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    So, as is typical for my RNG in this game (and almost all others) - I got my OH blades after purchasing and fully refining the Mountaineer set. Anecdotally, day before yesterday, I got 3 feather clan blades in the chests and 2 ebony axes as quest turn in rewards. I left all of them in my inventory. BOOM - second ME of the day yesterday, I got the Alabaster blades. YMMV.
    I aim to misbehave
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    In well over 200 runs on my Warlock, I've only gotten 1 offhand. I've been running for well over a month with a Epic Mainhand as it had higher base weapon damage then my previous Mastwerwork Set.

Thus, yesterday, I went to the AH and bought the Mountaineer Main/Offhand just so I would FINALLY have a full weapon set working. Cost a few hundred K AD. Worth it IMO.

Of course, I'm sure the Mainhand will drop shortly, cause RNGeezuz provides for all the faithful... Eventually. lol
    va8Ru.gif
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Well,
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11194593
    "Items and Economy
    General
    Alabaster weapons now have a higher chance to drop if the player doesn't already own one."
    have to wait and see how that acutally works... at this point those bloody weapons should have been made a guaranteed drop within the 3 daily ME runs.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    regenerde said:

Well,
    "Items and Economy
    General
    Alabaster weapons now have a higher chance to drop if the player doesn't already own one."
    have to wait and see how that acutally works... at this point those bloody weapons should have been made a guaranteed drop within the 3 daily ME runs.

I worry with the wording that if you have half the set it will not be a higher drop rate for the second.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited June 2019

Same problem as many for me : 4 offhands droped for my main (TR), no main hand. My brother who run all his ME with me has already droped the alabaster set on 2 of his toons, while i'm stucked trying to drop it on my main....

I would love to see a reliable solution to prevent this system from frustrating so much the unluckiest players (the moment my bro dropped his 2nd weapon on his 2nd toon, i really wanted to throw my keyboard into my screen...).

Something like a NPC trader allowing you to trade 2 (or 3) offhands you had droped for 1 mainhand (and 2 [or 3] mainhands for 1 offhand).
    You still loose some time if RNGod is not with you (as you would have to drop 3 or 4 times instead of 2), as it seems devs want us to be frustrated and envy the luckier people (frustration and envy being some of the levers to make people opening their wallet), but at least you would have a reason to drop and keep the useless 2nd or 3rd off/main hand in excess (beside equiping a hypothetical reroll of the same class if you are crazy enough) while you are trying to loot the other side...

just one for one for gawdsakes.

I have three toons. an hr that has mainhand and a blue offhand, (but now also has a spare mainhand because another dropped today) a cw that has two ebony and a dc that I just got thru campaign that has primal (odds are I'm not going to play it much other than daily me's.) I just got the delver package and am now agonizing if I give it a couple more days or just equip on hr til i get the offhand. lol. I know the minute I equip it I get the off hand.
    edited June 2019

regenerde said:

Well,
    "Items and Economy
    General

I worry with the wording that if you have half the set it will not be a higher drop rate for the second.
    ... or we'll drown in only MH or OH weapon drops.
    Want to know why?
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Got the set a couple of weeks ago - mainhand dropped finally after 6 or 7 offhands (running with two toons of the same class). Then I didn't run MEs for a week or so. Almost the very first set I ran after the break - offhand drops on run #1 and mainhand drops on run #2. Was like being taunted, trolling by kindness
    edited June 2019
    Well, my Fighter got his OH with the first daily run right after the patch today... finally. And my Warlock got his OH also on the first daily run, have to test characters that are without any Alabaster Weapons at all to see if the change is really working now...

Anyway, i hope we won't see this kind of absurd RNG wall in any other future module again. :angry:
    Post edited by regenerde on
    Want to know why?
  • tjkernan#7315 tjkernan Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    not that I care anymore, cuz I just went and got Mountaineer set, but my ranger got the same old garbage this morning...whatever...
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    thank you, finally got my off-hand shield. good luck to others you will get it soon, it seem easier now.
    edited June 2019

not that I care anymore, cuz I just went and got Mountaineer set, but my ranger got the same old garbage this morning...whatever...

Yep, it's still RNG what you get from your three daily ME runs, probably to keep the Mountaineer weapon set an "option".

I did the daily 3 ME runs with my Cleric today, no Alabaster weapons drop up to the patch, and i pulled the OH from the first reward chest, but then only received the usual junk from the other two chests, now i've to wait and see how many more runs it's going to take to get the bloody MH...
    Want to know why?
  • tjkernan#7315 tjkernan Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    regenerde said:

Yep, it's still RNG what you get from your three daily ME runs, probably to keep the Mountaineer weapon set an "option".

I did the daily 3 ME runs with my Cleric today, no Alabaster weapons drop up to the patch, and i pulled the OH from the first reward chest, but then only received the usual junk from the other two chests, now i've to wait and see how many more runs it's going to take to get the bloody MH...
    Hey, I got an Alabaster this morning...my 7th OH...ugh

Well, running a Cleric with Ebonized MH/OH set through the daily ME treadmill, and what do i get?
    Blackened Jaw MH twice and some useless Red Feather Clan armor piece...
    :scream:
    Want to know why?
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    Conversely today I did 3 ME with my Cleric and got junk, MH, OH.

Friday my Ranger got her OH at last.

So from my perspective the change has been positive.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • devilxjkdevilxjk Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    at last the MH today
  • kinpyrekinpyre Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    my cleric still looking for alabaster holy symbol even with the new drops rates its still not working time to start used old worn out weapons to try to get stuff to drop

please fix this bad codeing
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    My CW finally got MH last night. So happy I'm all done with MEs. Not a bad grind. Five toons in under 6 weeks doing about two toons most days. Only four duplicate alabaster pieces across all five toons. And only two toons did enough MEs to unlock the "recovered 500 relics" achievement.
  • kinpyrekinpyre Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    another week and another skunk