test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Successor Gear Changes

thestiathestia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 296 Arc User
I want to preface this with the statement that I appreciate that the devs are attempting to listen to community feedback, and reworked the Successor gear to make it more appealing. That being said...

The "Sniper's Advantage" bonus severely misses the mark here:

"When you are 50' or further from your target, your Combat Advantage is increased by 5%"

The problem with this is that you only get combat advantage from 15' or closer to your target, so the bonus is a bit oxymoronic. Another small problem is that the combat advantage used to calculate the 5% increase does not include combat advantage coming from your companion, so one gets significantly less than they would think.

Comments

• ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    @thestia

Surely you're not saying that you have yet to learn the skill of having your toon be in 2 places at the same time? ;)
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    @thestia
    you gain combat advantage stance when positioning behind targets or your power give you combat advantage, as for the stat it self it boost your damage when you fit those special requirements , the snipers advantage is a range dps combat advantage boost, for melee chars there is a 1k il boots that boost combat advantage and accuracy if players 25' or less closer to target(check ME gear on catalog on undermountain tab). the 5% boost is always based on base stat, consider your companion as a gear equip bonus(companion gets boosted by companion influence, gear equipped and runes slotted on gear after that bondings and augmentation bonuses buff your char).
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    I would like that Wizards boots work the same as melee classes, if you are closer to target instead if you are away....
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • fyrstigorfyrstigor Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    arcanjo86 said:

@thestia
    you gain combat advantage stance when positioning behind targets or your power give you combat advantage, as for the stat it self it boost your damage when you fit those special requirements , the snipers advantage is a range dps combat advantage boost, for melee chars there is a 1k il boots that boost combat advantage and accuracy if players 25' or less closer to target(check ME gear on catalog on undermountain tab). the 5% boost is always based on base stat, consider your companion as a gear equip bonus(companion gets boosted by companion influence, gear equipped and runes slotted on gear after that bondings and augmentation bonuses buff your char).

When u are on opposite sides of the target, but further than 15' away from the target, u cant get combat advantage. Thats the point of the post. Boots that give u more CA stat, but u have to be so far away that u cant get CA anyway naturally. Having to rely on powers, feats or pet attacks to get CA so u can use boots designed to play out of normal CA range is just stupid.

As for the 5%. The successor arms give 5% power, of total power. CA is granted of base stats. All % stat pieces should work the same. On total stats, or base stats. This change to 5% CA instead of 1500 CA is actually not really an improvement at all. Since most dont have that high base CA the 5% will be almost the same stat gain as the 1500. It just looks better now. And its stupid.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    @mimicking#6533 @nitocris83 @asterdahl the sucessor helm equip bonus for healers has the same equip bonus for their dps paragon noticed it on cleric and warlock, we need a "executioners presence" equip bonus " when you heal or get healed by 10% max hp your critical strike increase by 5% for 10 secs.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    We just need bonuses that are worth equipping. Not one of these changes made the gear anything but the hard to get RP it was (except for the raw HP for lower geared tanks).

5% Power is barely 1% damage at 100k Power, to have it last for 15s every 60s, means its even worse than that, so I just don't understand how this was considered even remotely competitive with the various 3% raw damage buff items.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.