test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

time for companion upgrade cost changes

brainwaves#8668 brainwaves Member Posts: 1 Arc User
new mod brought us many bonuses for companions, i find myself using different bonuses for different situations pvp , pve, solo, boss fights etc. your next move should be reduce companion upgrade cost since we have so many bonuses and situations to choose from

also as part of cost reduction you should also reduce the weapon and armor enchantments cost since they are now not so importan,t yet you didnt made any changes for the cost to upgrade them. upgrading them cost way too much for the bonus they give.

these changes should be your next move as part of new game rework.

Comments

• Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Interesting premise. I don't think it would happen as, unless you have companion upgrade tokens, it's another form of AD sink. I don't disagree with you; I just don't see it happening.
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    They added Sybella and the Legacy Campaigns. One of the things you can buy from her is comp upgrade tokens.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    dressrobadressroba Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    it's kind of a ad skin one of the few this game have , more small ad sinks are probly better .
    but you said it yourself they don't add alot for the value they offer .
  • Options
    dressrobadressroba Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    i the end the easy fact is that devs would never do something like .
  • Options

and by rate limited, i mean that you get 3 weekly missions, rewarding 5 currency each, for a total of 15 currency, which you can exchange for companion upgrade tokens at a cost of 3 currency each, meaning it allows you to get 5 companion upgrade tokens... per week. moving uncommon to rare is 60 companion upgrade tokens... or 8 weeks. rare to epic is 90 companion upgrade tokens, or a further 18 weeks. epic to legendary is 120 companion upgrade tokens, or a further 24 weeks. it basically allows you to move *one companion* from uncommon to legendary... a year.

Comp upgrade tokens can be deposited in a shared bank slot. You're only limited by the number of characters you have that you're willing to do the Legacy Campaigns with.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    dressroba said:

it's kind of a ad skin one of the few this game have , more small ad sinks are probly better .
    but you said it yourself they don't add alot for the value they offer .

I would like them to lower the cost of upgrading the companion now as we use to only need 5 to upgrade to legendary now we need 10 if you want to max out your character properly if you don't have any legendary already. Even if you do have a legendary or say 7, most are probably ones we won't use meaning most players will have at least 5-7 companions if not more they will need to rank up to legendary if they want to get all the max bonuses.

IMO the cost of upgrading companions should be reduced by 50% by mod 17. I would like to leave the cost as is for the players that are willing to spend the AD now so it becomes a AD sink initially but as the game continues to move forward lower the cost of companion upgrades.
  • Options

and by the amount of time you have to play, and by the ability of those characters to handle all the campaign areas.

there should still be the option to buy them for ad.

Why? Considering you can pay AD directly for upgrading comps.
  • Options
    Paying AD for comp tokens, currently, either zax to get the zen to buy them or AH, generally tends to make it more expensive than outright paying the AD to upgrade. I think the AD cost to upgrade them is fine.
  • Options
    So your basic argument is that they need to reduce costs because people don't have any self-control and can't bother to save up for something worthwhile.
  • Options
    greywynd said:

So your basic argument is that they need to reduce costs because people don't have any self-control and can't bother to save up for something worthwhile.

I say cost should be reduced as to get max bonuses from companions now, if a player has zero legendary they will have to get 10 to legendary to max out stats from companions.
  • Options

greywynd said:

well, if they want to have ad sinks actually removing ad from circulation, instead of just ad accumulating and moving from player to player, then yes, they need to provide ad sinks that are compatible with player behaviours. this is not complicated, and i honestly don't know why you're acting like it's an unrealistic thing to suggest they do, in response to a stated desire of both the devs, and the playerbase.
    Most players that use to run random Q's are not running them as much as now random Q's are much harder, take longer, and the award vs. time invested to get AD is well off. The reality is and always has been with games like NWO and its F2P model is that if you pay your way it takes less time to achieve the same result as grinding it out. Here is another fact, getting a 2nd job and working 10 works a week for minimum wage is better than grinding in game for 10 hours a week as the money you collect from the job you can simply buy what you want.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    I dont think, that some gamers, who cant keep 1kk AD together are responsible for the backlog.

The only problem is, that due to the changes in the AD/ Zen ratio upgrade tokens are to expensive, to use. Even with the 40% discount it is cheaper, to use ADs, to upgrade a companion.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

Here is another fact, getting a 2nd job and working 10 works a week for minimum wage is better than grinding in game for 10 hours a week as the money you collect from the job you can simply buy what you want.

You seriously, at times, amuse me to no ends. That is all. Proceed.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Paying AD for comp tokens, currently, either zax to get the zen to buy them or AH, generally tends to make it more expensive than outright paying the AD to upgrade. I think the AD cost to upgrade them is fine.

When the cost for legendary companion upgrade was created, only 1 legendary companion was needed. Now how many do you need to max your character??
  • Options
    Why does everything have to be done fast? Somethings are still worth working for.