test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The best thing Neverwinter has is the community

From my time playing the game and participating in testing on preview, giving feedback and making comments on the live server forum I've really enjoyed sharing ideas, and experiences and even debating with the people in the NW community. If this game didn't have such a great community I probably would have quit as soon as I heard about the changes coming in module 16. This game has an awesome assortment of players from all around the world, many who are very down to earth people, and willing to help eachother out. I feel like part of the reason for the community being so solid is the fact that consistantly we have had to deal with lack of communication from the developers and PW team, and then all the bad implementations almost every patch, illusive misleading patch notes, ninja patches and nerfs. It's like we are 2 sides at war. It would be nice if for once the developers and pw people would just give us an open line of communication where our feedback was responded on a consistant basis,
we are the people playing your game, teaching new players how to play it and keeping the economy going, does that mean nothing to you?
from all my time on the forums i notice the pw people only drop 1 liners here and there, but fail to provide us with any real feedback.
I guess thats just the way it is though, my friends who have played much longer then i have tell me its always been this way lol.
thanks for being so awesome NW people <3

Comments

• Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I came to Neverwinter Online to play a social game. Sure there are trolls in all games, the most toxic trolls are less than 1% of the population. As a long time player, I like to pass along good advice when waiting in PE on an invoke timer or banking. Some of my advice you might have seen in chat;

Q: Are there any active guilds recruiting?
    A: O key, Find Guild Tab, click the purple man icon, sort high to low, and apply. This sorts on number of recruiters online, thus the most active.

Other times, I help players find start up quests or redirect them to the better path. Sometimes "one liners" is all you need. However what Cryptic Studios lacks in public relations is transparency, they need to be open, honest, and forthcoming. If you have ever worked in an office, you know how things work. Monday everyone comes back after a weekend and chats about what they did, very little work gets done on Mondays. Tuesday meetings are held and plans are made. At this point everyone in the office knows where they are headed for the remainder of the week. Wednesday through Friday people get their work done for their projects.

So why do I feel, so very often, to have missed Tuesday's meetings? This is from these vague answers, we don't receive from Cryptic Studios. The last minute, "Surprise! Everyone has their heads on backwards, we thought you would like this better." announcements. There is no way for me to know for sure, but how long ago did they plan to drop the Foundry prior to just announcing it? This shows a huge lack of transparency with users and the studio. Thomas Foss ( @mimicking#6533 ) got a very bitter reply from me when the news was released. There was no telling the players, especially the authors, they needed ideas to keep the Foundry going. They just sawed it off, burned all the books in the library, and walked away. They took the simple path.

The same scenario is within Module 16, alpha testers, beta players, streamers, etc. all chimed in with information and many people told them what was needed. They obviously held their closed door meetings and didn't inform Julia... maybe Julia ( @nitocris83 ) is left out of the meetings? But then we get no real up to date notice on what they are planing like it is some black-ops branch of the NSA. Then later we get a patch and "Surprise! We $35 polar bears without a butt! We thought you would like this feature."

@pariswinters#7118 yes I love this community, because I know this community. I bump heads with a few people from time to time. But I know they mean well, and I hope they know I mean well too. I can see the Cryptic staff, but I don't know the staff, I can't get to know someone who fails to communicate their intentions on one live stream after another. To the staff I say, answer the hard questions, be transparent, and don't squander the best resource in this game has to offer, the community of players.

wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    wismal#7377 wismal Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    i like the post Sandukutupu everything you said is true. I am a seasonal player,i only play in the winter. which means only get to play 6 months out of the year. i am not someone they would listen too so i won't waste my breathe trying to voice my opinion. i was really surprised at the last patch it seemed to change the entire build for all caracters. I spent money on getting items for my caracter,because the people i play with have been playing for a long time and i wanted to at least be able to do some of the content with them. So i am guessing i am the intended client that they are catering too. I have limited time to play so i spend money to compensate for the lack of time i have to grind on the things i consider less worth my time. As it is summer now and i am not playing i have n't been able to look into How drastic the changes are and how much they will impact what i have accomplished. I will say this though if in fact these changes put me back to square one,i will only be using the voice chat platforms to converse with my friends not actually playing the game. Way too much work (boring) for the content available to enjoy with friends. This is a buisness to them plain and simple,they will do what makes them the most money. I wish someone one was listening and considering valid post given by people like yourself,however as i stated in the previous sentence this is a buisness first and foremost.
  • Options
    pwimagicgamepwimagicgame Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Not talking specifically about NW here.
    It is strange, when I compare the various companies I have worked for and how those companies used to cuddle up to customers, and the complete lack of it in gaming, in fact I'd go so far as to say a lot of gaming companies show more than a little disrespect towards their players.... it seems a big failure of the companies.

Then again, the monetisation in these games is short term grab as much as you can. If they are expecting most of their players to churn quickly, makes no sense to bother I guess.

The days when gaming fanatics ran these games is long gone. More's the pity.
  • Options
    kinamara#3934 kinamara Member Posts: 108 Arc User

Not talking specifically about NW here.
    It is strange, when I compare the various companies I have worked for and how those companies used to cuddle up to customers, and the complete lack of it in gaming, in fact I'd go so far as to say a lot of gaming companies show more than a little disrespect towards their players.... it seems a big failure of the companies.

Then again, the monetisation in these games is short term grab as much as you can. If they are expecting most of their players to churn quickly, makes no sense to bother I guess.

The days when gaming fanatics ran these games is long gone. More's the pity.

Yeah, but honestly this really became a problem with the free to play model. I think most of the time when complaints roll in thee companies like to think they are probably people not paying and just want everything free so ignore it and if someone says well we could see if they pay or not they are told do not bother....That way they can go on thinking all the people that actually pay love what we do! Back when the norm was mmo's being subscription based their customer support/gm help was far better than it is in games today, since they knew every time someone was upset it could easily mean less money for them, rather than having a group of people that lets you pretend most problems are coming from people that will never pay period.

MMO gaming loves using free players to make grand claims of look how many people are playing this game!!! And to also tell themselves those that pay love the game! just those lame players playing for free that get upset. They can stroke their egos for some time until the game dies ad they are left scratching their head what did we do wrong...oh well we made enough cash from our whales anyway.