test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Profession tasks suddenly stop

wisper2048wisper2048 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
I'm running all 6 tasks every day and after night 1-4 tasks stop to work while there are resources available if chest is full. This happens to both crafting and gathering tasks. I have needed gold for the tasks, so it is not a reason. So I need to restart some tasks each time I clean the chest.

Comments

• vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I have reported this bug too - here.

It seems like after the patch they did to fix the horrendous lag for certain characters, it also broke professions: (1) Focus / Proficiency are no longer "correct" as per the tooltip and with certain tools, reported here , which applies to tasks produced by morale and through time, and (2) Items stop producing (or resources stop being gathered) once the delivery box is full even though they are set on repeat.

However, with (2), it only seems to choose one item at a time, so if you have 2-3 items being produced, it will gradually stop producing all items (or gathering resources) if you let the delivery box get full that number of times.

Also, after that patch, the way that items are populated in the delivery box is different. Before, they used to populate all at once, now, if you pay attention, they populate consecutively one at a time, and if you collect them quickly enough before it reaches the delivery box limit, you can continue to collect the back-log which I am certain is not what was intended @nitocris83.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Being able to collect them like that was how they worked initially and was patched shortly after mod 15 launched.

As for the tasks stopping, I don't know which way it was intended to behave. The tooltips suggest tasks stop when the box fills, not just become suspended. There has never been a dev statement regarding this, AFAIK. The fact that it usually only stops one task and not all is probably not intended behavior, even if this new way is intended.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    I find that it is the first task that tries to complete once the box is full that gets cancelled. It does not always do this, so I need to test more, but I suspect it is something like "When the box becomes full, and a task tries to complete, it goes in a queue. When the second task completes after the box is full, the first task gets removed/deleted/overwritten, and the queue builds from there".
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    pitshade said:

Being able to collect them like that was how they worked initially and was patched shortly after mod 15 launched.

Yes, it seems to have reverted to the old way of populating items some time in Mod 15, when the backlog was collectable if you collected it quickly enough. That seemed to be an error, as I seem to remember them saying you should not be able to collect more than what you were capable of storing in your delivery box.
    pitshade said:

As for the tasks stopping, I don't know which way it was intended to behave. The tooltips suggest tasks stop when the box fills, not just become suspended. There has never been a dev statement regarding this, AFAIK. The fact that it usually only stops one task and not all is probably not intended behavior, even if this new way is intended.

Yes, I hadn't paid attention to the tooltip closely before, but now it seems to say the order will stop when the delivery box is full. So it seems to be working as the tooltip indicates. It definitely wasn't working like this prior to the Mod 16 fix for the immense lag which I think was tied to professions.

However, it still only seems to stop 1 of the items, even though the box is full and if you have multiple items being produced or gathered. So it really isn't following the tooltip precisely.

Perhaps it was the queue backlog which was causing lag? I'm not sure, but it makes it seem like there are no resources going into professions at all in this mod.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    It isn't consistent. Say I have 2 workers making rings and the box fills up. When I empty the box, typically one worker will start back and one won't. Rarely, both or neither worker will start back.

Depending on what I'm doing, having the tasks either stop or just suspend could be useful. It needs to be consistent, however.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother