test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Duplicate Alabaster Main Drops

boonaru#4330 boonaru Member Posts: 8 Arc User
I received the Alabaster Orb 2 times in a row. I understand this is supposed to be a "random" reward. However, I also know it is a simple check that if you receive either the main hand or off hand you should not receive the same item at least until you have a set. I went on two Master Expedition runs in the morning. For the first run I got as my reward an Alabaster Orb. I upgraded it to legendary but did not equip the item yet. The group then started another Master Expedition and completed it. My reward again was an Alabaster Orb. I was overjoyed to receive the first one but the second I was really confused. Receiving a second made me feel worse than not receiving anything at all for a reward. It is something that takes up space in my inventory, cannot be sold or traded and cannot be used. I am keeping the second in my inventory in hopes that I will not receive another.

Comments

• jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Same here except double offhands.

3 blues in a row today.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for reporting!
  • dontez1dontez1 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    I have also received 2 Alabaster off-hands on my wizard main.. It would be nice to get the main hand orb...
  • midnightitamidnightita Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    I have 3 main hands so yes you will keep receving it in any case... we should be able to trade them for the other weapon
  • kinamara#3934 kinamara Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    Well the other option is to be like me having none of them drop, but getting plenty of fighter only gear for my only character which is a ranger
  • bloodrychebloodryche Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Been doing 3x ME's 9 relics found since the 4th day of Mod 16 and ive so far only seen my offhand drop once. Rest of the rewards have been blue weapons and other random gear. Seems a bit off that someone can get a whole set the first 3 they do and someone else like me might have to wait a month or more to get theirs.
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited May 2019

I received the Alabaster Orb 2 times in a row. I understand this is supposed to be a "random" reward. However, I also know it is a simple check that if you receive either the main hand or off hand you should not receive the same item at least until you have a set.

I too wished this were the case.

I received x4 Alabaster main-hands before receiving the talisman. Funny, it was the only thing really making me want to run MEs, but it was frustrating at the time.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I have gotten 2 offhands so far, but at least I have 3 clerics so I was able to use the second one. Still a bit annoying only getting blue quality rewards, red feather clan stuff, even when you find all 9 relics. I still have a reason to farm MEs, I still have to finish gearing all 18 of my characters.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    vordayn said:

I received x4 Alabaster main-hands before receiving the talisman. Funny, it was the only thing really making me want to run MEs, but it was frustrating at the time.

That's about where I'm at. I get my talisman and I'll pretty much be done for the time being with MEs on my wizard.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • drumon88drumon88 Member Posts: 142 Arc User

Been doing 3x ME's 9 relics found since the 4th day of Mod 16 and ive so far only seen my offhand drop once. Rest of the rewards have been blue weapons and other random gear. Seems a bit off that someone can get a whole set the first 3 they do and someone else like me might have to wait a month or more to get theirs.

I've been doing 3x ME's since day 3 of the mod on my main, and day 7 of the mod on an alt, and have yet to get ANY Alabaster items. Instead I've got about 4 sets' worth of unrestored gear...for classes I don't play. And only 1 piece for any of the 4 classes I do.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Unrestored? I've been getting Prized Cult gear, Red Feather Clan gear, etc.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    I have gotten 3 complete sets of alabaster on my main (they just keep coming unfortunately) while other guild mates (and an alt of mine) who have been doing the same runs cant even come up with a single main or off-hand. Maybe a look can be taken into this, doesn't seem quite right.
  • drumon88drumon88 Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Unrestored? I've been getting Prized Cult gear, Red Feather Clan gear, etc.

Yeah, "Apprentice's Ruined [item]". I keep getting hunter and fighter pieces and I play neither.
  • phay1phay1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    The drop rate needs to be fixed, its a joke. why would people continue when you guys fail this bad?
  • boonaru#4330 boonaru Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Update. I have now received 4 orbs but still no Talisman. On my secondary character I have now received 6 swords and 3 sword knots for the barbie.
  • bloodrychebloodryche Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    3 off hands no main hand for me. Are we having fun yet?
  • boonaru#4330 boonaru Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    @nitocris83 Could we get an update on this? I now have received 5 full sets on the Barbie with an extra Sword but have not received any more orbs or a Talisman on my main.
  • benyrbenyr Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    Just to throw my hat in the ring here, multiple alabaster shield drops for my pally, no sign of my main hand yet.
  • ironkodiak#7469 ironkodiak Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I have 6 shields and no sword on my main...