test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lair of the Mad Mage Mechanics and bugs so far.

lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
edited May 2019 in Player Feedback (PC)
First of all i must say despite a few bugs we encountered, i was impressed by the design of the dungeon and especially by the last boss, the mechanics are easy to understand and again the design of this area in particular and the previous zone before this fight is this topnot.

Now on to what i think the mechanics and bugs that need addressing are:
- the mechanic here is quite simple, kill the boss, then when she becomes immune and teleports to the pool, you have to kill mimics. the best way of doing this is having 3 dpses or even 4 and 1 healer. if you inspect the room you'll see that each corner has a glow with different colours, here are where the mimics will spawn. on the other hand you have what i call the alters surrounding the pool, if a mimic manages to reach here without being killed they'll become a golem and yes these golems are a pain in the butt so try to have as less as possible.

Straight after the mimic phase all group together, the best way is for everyone to move to boss, she'll turn one of you into a cocoon and you have to shield and heal the cocoon to full health. after the aoe dps the boss and repeat.

- The second boss here is abit more straightforward but here i recommend having 2 healers and if your tank is an OP with a healer spec, even better, otherwise your other tank should be able to provide you with some shield cos you'll need it. Now the mechanics here are easier. the first part is to dps the worm while staying away from the red areas, stay with ur group ofc, i found easier to just stay on the boss and move away when he does the electric discharge on the ground. At a certain % he'll become immune and start pulling you to the middle, the way to stop the pull is to break the borders/stones that are rolling towards the center, and yes dont get pulled to the center or you are dead. After the borders you all have to immediately group up again and stay close to the boss, this is where healing and shield is important and you'll need to take some electric discharges to the face until he becomes vulnerable again. now just dps and repeat.

- Third boss, you will enjoy this fight tbh. The easiest way to best this boss is staying in the middle and out of the electric floor. i personally dont know what the orange circle does, but we dint stand on it and nothing happend. The important thing here is to kill the boss and more importantly, the crabs, yes he will spawn 4 crabs the first time, one of them will become vulnerable at a time and after a time, another, trust me you dont want all 4 crabs attacking you, so focus on killing anyone that is vulnerable. When the boss drops below a certain % of health he'll teleport to the middle and start charging pilars, you have to destroy all 4 pillars as fast as you can, there's a meter on the right side and im sure you dont want it filled. After pillars all run to the middle as he'll do a huge aoe and possibly kill anyone outside the middle. now just kill crabs and boss and gtg. yup thats it.

As for Bugs we did encounter a few:.
- Second boss, sometimes the electric discharge after borders can be abit overwhelming and do too much damage.
- Also on second boss the electric shield after the first border just lasts longer and longer. is this a bug or an actual mechanic? its pretty painful
- last boss, the only bug here is that sometimes all 4 crabs will be invulnerable at the same time and literally go about 1 shotting the group.
- PD: all 4 crabs fighting at same time i think is a mechanic, there's a conic/triangular Aoe the boss does. the tank or top dps should try aggro the boss to target the aoe at one or two of the grabs. this wakes the crabs up and you can kill them and do the same with others. this way u dont have to put up with all 4 or even more sometimes.

So far so good, thats all i have for this dungeon.
Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
Post edited by lardeson on

Comments

• Options
    -Bugs: On the first and second bosses, there is a bug with stats, your stats get reduced, which makes it tougher to kill mimics.
    - Temp. Fix: Relog after cutscene, its enough to go to character selection menu and back, this is not an exploit as you aint actually engaged in combat with anything, just a bug fix. Dontezz was the one that noticed this.

-On last boss, there can be a delay on his powers, which sometimes results to still having 3 or 4 crabs op at the same time even if you follow the mechanics, and from what i've noticed, the longer these crabs are left untouched, the more health and damage they have.

- on second boss, yet to tell on what the number of extra golems depend and sometimes you can have 4 and others 10, which makes this fight really painful, and i can tell it has nothing to do with the rocks as we always break almost all of them and leave the boss with little to no gbs. There are just too many of them and they have a ridiculous amount of health, which means regardless how good ur group is, you'll have people dying here and using alot of scrolls.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Thank you for your detailed thoughts! Feedback is being shared with the rest of the team on both potential issues or overall design thoughts from the community.
  • Options
    jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    akudama2 said:

+ bug - if You stay in LOMM around 30 min (afk, dont attack any mob) dungeon will end and you will get daily random queue bonus.

Oh, yeah, happened today too. I sent in a ticket... didn't see other ppl talking about this before.
    We were just waiting on reinforcements, but well, there weren't any willing lol. So we sat and waited... and then it was done.

- bye bye -
  • Options
    krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    There is a bug with the second boss where if the entire party destroys all the rocks, the charge bar still completely fills.
  • Options
    Ok looks like we finally figured out why you sometimes you get killed on the first boss even if you are healed and shielded to 100%. Its a bug, the issue here is that the boss has a projectile attack that constantly reduces your ap. If you have aggro before getting turned to a cocoon and no one else manages to take aggro from her before the explosion, she'll continue to hit you with her projectile and kill you immediately after the explosion, the problem here is this will leave you in a perma death state. Im assuming is a coding issue where the game still assumes that the damage from projectile is part of the cocoon phase and you are therefore not at full hp. its something of miliseconds inbetween her powers. but again this rarely happens, in like 20+ runs, it happend once today. But still a bug and needs fixing
  • Options
    - Another bug that needs addressing, is the bug with augments no giving stats in several areas of lair of the mad mage. At the beginning it was just the first and second boss fights but in the past days its been worse, other areas now have this bug, the room with the gelatinous cube before first boss, the Ship before second boss, etc etc etc. This is something that needs addressing asap. It makes fights alot longer and can even get you killed.