test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Trade bar store

nemesrichnemesrich Member Posts: 85 Arc User
What the point of trade bar store? There is no single useful item inside it. Even the promised MOUNTAINEER SET is not there.

Comments

• Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    The Mountaineer set is in the Free section of the Zen market, not the trade bar store.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Most use trade bars for scrolls of life
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    nemesrich said:

What the point of trade bar store? There is no single useful item inside it. Even the promised MOUNTAINEER SET is not there.

They are aiming to have the Mountaineer set in the Trade Bar store on the 16th of May. (This is not set in stone, but fingers crossed.)
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    aratech said:

The Mountaineer set is in the Free section of the Zen market, not the trade bar store.

That's the Undermountaineer Pack. Their 'apology gift' for releasing this broken mess. There's a level 80 artifact weapon set that is *supposed* to be in the Tradebar store called the Mountaineer Set (Ctr+J in game, check artifact equipment, it should be right next to the burnished set) which specifically indicates that the Tradebar Store is where this is supposed to be available "at the beginning of module 16". It is absent, and there's only stuff from Module 14 and before in there, stuff from chult.

There are some who have mountaineering weaponry already. But they got it from the $200.00 mountaineering bundle. Which I believe most people would agree is utterly insane, given how I can purchase 3 full fledged AAA games for that price...
    Oops.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    aratecharatech Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User

aratech said:

That's the Undermountaineer Pack. Their 'apology gift' for releasing this broken mess. There's a level 80 artifact weapon set that is *supposed* to be in the Tradebar store called the Mountaineer Set (Ctr+J in game, check artifact equipment, it should be right next to the burnished set) which specifically indicates that the Tradebar Store is where this is supposed to be available "at the beginning of module 16". It is absent, and there's only stuff from Module 14 and before in there, stuff from chult.

There are some who have mountaineering weaponry already. But they got it from the $200.00 mountaineering bundle. Which I believe most people would agree is utterly insane, given how I can purchase 3 full fledged AAA games for that price...
    Oops.
    Eh, no worries. It's an easy mistake to make. The names are pretty similar.
  • Options
    lordnagy#1603 lordnagy Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Doesn’t matter. You can not rely on any tooltip in the game so buying anything is pointless...you have no clue on what stat you’ll get in any zone.
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    > @lordnagy#1603 said:
    > Doesn’t matter. You can not rely on any tooltip in the game so buying anything is pointless...you have no clue on what stat you’ll get in any zone.

Well if you just go in blindly that’s true.

Otherwise, no. There are definitely things that are not affected by scaling. You can take the time on entering zones to adjust stats etc to get better performance.

But yes their scaling is bad, but that is different to the values not being predictable.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited May 2019

I've had VIP for almost 3 years and this entire time I haven't gotten 600 trade bars

And you cannot blame anyone but yourself for that.

If you have VIP, you should get a few tradebars every day, and every now and then you get a jackpot. Unless you waste all your tradebars on scrolls of life (and seriously, if you do, you have a bigger problem), you should not have had any problem buying a few hatchlings. I bought four myself, which I sold for a pretty nice profit.

Post edited by adinosii on
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,098 Arc User
    Stone of Health trumps heal pots any day.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    nemesrichnemesrich Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    adinosii said:

as for "not a single item" I would like to point at the Deepcrow hatchling as one of the best companions you can get.

Thanks.
  • Options
    oremonger#9999 oremonger Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

nemesrich said:

They are aiming to have the Mountaineer set in the Trade Bar store on the 16th of May. (This is not set in stone, but fingers crossed.)
    OH, you mean long after the current sale! I understand now. So it has nothing to do with it devaluing the $200 pack of.... NVM! What is the excuse? They somehow broke it? I mean the set was in the trade bar store on preview for the longest time. They somehow forgot how to copy/paste? SMH

• Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

kreatyve said:

nemesrich said:

OH, you mean long after the current sale! I understand now. So it has nothing to do with it devaluing the $200 pack of.... NVM! What is the excuse? They somehow broke it? I mean the set was in the trade bar store on preview for the longest time. They somehow forgot how to copy/paste? SMH

That sounds about right to me. It's a financial decision based on the question "how many more rubes can we trick into spending $200 on this?"

Once they've reached what they believe to be maximum profit from the pack, they'll put the set into the Tbar store, and then probably announce in completely unrelated news that they are now dropping the price of the pack.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Seriously, it doesn't matter...the mountaineer set has the same stats as the Alabaster set, which is not too hard to obtain anyhow (aalthough gated behind RNG)
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    And the same stats as the set you buy with Seals.

The “value” in the weapons in the $200 pack was getting to 80 on day 1 and having those stats. How much that was worth is up to you.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    adinosii said:

Seriously, it doesn't matter...the mountaineer set has the same stats as the Alabaster set, which is not too hard to obtain anyhow (aalthough gated behind RNG)

Which is HAMSTER, in my opinion. I've managed 2 orbs and 1 stiletto out of numerous runs across my characters.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Out of the +1 crafting weapon set and the new sets, is their a damage difference when scaling? or do they scale to the same damage at some point? As far as the Tarmalune shop, it is in a state of neglect. A team that actually understands prices and availabilities should revise the items and prices. It still has use as a price controller and to get mass scrolls.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Stone of Health trumps heal pots any day.

I am happy to say, I purchased many of those back when they sold for only 20K AD, and now the last I checked 115K AD? But let's break this down;
    Each Greater Stone of Health = 200 Full Heals 160K average HP (but since you cannot use it dead) So they heal 150K per 575 AD
    Each Prestigious Health Potion = 1 heal 65K for 150 AD x 3 = 195K per 450 AD but you are restricted by cool down.

As you can see, the price (in AD) is only a tad bit better than the stones. But I got mine when there was a surplus.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    I'm not talking about "cost". I'm talking about a partial heal when in combat, which can lead you to being dead if you get hit hard enough, as opposed to being back to full health.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    greywynd said:

I'm not talking about "cost". I'm talking about a partial heal when in combat, which can lead you to being dead if you get hit hard enough, as opposed to being back to full health.

Oh I agree with you, I was just pointing out how all the player's are so concerned about staying alive, it has driven up the cost of health care in the game.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

Oh I agree with you, I was just pointing out how all the player's are so concerned about staying alive, it has driven up the cost of health care in the game.

A sentence I never thought I'd see in a conversation about a video game.
  • Options
  • Options
    aratecharatech Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User

A sentence I never thought I'd see in a conversation about a video game.
    *Gasp* It all makes sense! This broken mess of a module was deliberately released in this state as a subtle jab at the American Health Care System and how frequently it nearly bankrupts people! XD