test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Random Queues Failures

vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
edited May 2019 in Player Feedback (PC)
Okay, so decided to queue for Random Intermediate Queue as a healer today to get some dungeons underway and have a bit of fun. The game had other ideas in mind. I queued 3 times and this is what I got in a row:

1. Temple of Tiamat - already in progress, at the healer phase, the bars are completely empty, my party consisted of only one other person. Abandoned.

2. Merchant Prince's Folly - already in progress, only 2 party members in team, entered first door, surrounded by batiri's and alpha compy's, died before stepping a few feet. Abandoned.

3. Throne of the Dwarven Gods - at least 2, perhaps 3 players were multiboxers. 2 of them had the same root handle, and 3 of them were the exact same race, class and paragon (whisperknife) with the same starting equipment and rubbish Vistani artifacts, with IL 9k. Decided it wasn't worth the carry - I would not have any fun in even suspecting I'm helping out multiboxers.

Well, decided that was my fun in Neverwinter today and logged out.

Some semi-constructive feedback: Scaling is still broken with a higher proportion of abandoned instances compared to the last mod when you truly queue as a 'random' in a RQ (i.e. not if you pre-form a party), and multi-boxers exist with a very high likelihood in your game.
Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR

Comments

• majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    Sad. They've managed to make the RQs even less appealing than they were before.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    Also, RQs don't have role requirements anymore? I also got Merchant Prince, we had no tank and no healer and died repeatedly to the first group of mobs (we somehow managed to complete the skirmish, though we couldn't kill the dino and I at least had to log out for a bit to exit the map).
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    My experience with random queues over the past few days:
    1. Tiamat - not possible
    2. Throne of Dwarven Gods - doable if you get teammates who actually participate. Hulks appear to be fixed.
    3. Manycoins - completely broken, results in many deaths. I usually wait for someone to abandon.
    4. Demogorgan - too difficult and IMO more difficult than Edemo used to be. Mass deaths. The cost of healing potions
    probably outweighs the AD you can get out of it.
    5. Huntsman - this one is fine, although I think the final boss could be scaled down just a tad.
  • jason#2811 jason Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Some feedback for Cryptic. My character is an IL 20K Barbarian with close to maxed ratings.

I used to love doing Random Queues, but unfortunately that has changed. With the scaling most are unplayable. I have no problem with them being difficult. Here's is my feedback

Levelling - May as well be called "Master of the Hunt and Dread Legion" queue. I may get something other than these 1 per month. Bothe are much tougher.

Intermediate - those that I have received
    - Throne of the Dwarven Gods - tougher but doable
    - Shores of Tuern - unplayable with the groups I've had.
    - Gray Wolf Den (Master) - tougher but doable until last boss, would need high end group. This is intermediate?
    - Castle Never - tough, but high end group needed
    - Valindra's Tower - unplayable
    - Lostmouth - Very tough with high end group
    - Tiamet - unplayable
    - Heist - tough but doable
    - Folly - tough but doable with high end group

Advanced - Haven't wasted my time even trying.

With randoms being one of the few ways of getting regular AD, the time it takes to get through them now is a struggle unless I am playing every waking hour, which few can/will do.

Please keep working on the scaling, should levelling and intermediate be so tough? Far call on making advanced tough.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    "Also, RQs don't have role requirements anymore? "

Skirmishes haven't had role requirements since 2013. This was not taken into account in the mod 16 changes. Honestly though, Folly should have had those roles from the start. It also suffers from the IL requirements being loweres twice in the past, solely to male it fit with the RQ tiers. 9k characters in there even mod 15 didn't do very well on their own.

Note that if you are queuing in a group, the RQ requires you to comply with the most restrictive content. RIQ requires roles for the group in case it chooses a dungeon. It may choose a skirmish, in which case you may not get a tank ir a healer, or you may get multiples. The only way to guarantee tank and healer in all content would be to queue with them in your group.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Well, broke some personal records for m16 today in a semi-premade group (1 dps was random from public queues).

Completed FBI in about 30 minutes (longest was 70 when mod first dropped).

Managed to one phase the last 2 bosses in CN and finished it pretty quick, didn't look at the timer. Though, the zombies in the rift or whatever, before the second boss, hit harder than Orcus! Zombies with the power of Thor.

Each time, the random dps was nowhere near the stat caps for arm-pen, accuracy, etc... for level 70 content. The one from FBI asked about how to improve his dps, and that's what he was told, to try and get hit stats to the caps for level 70 while scaled down. Basically tells me that many players don't understand the mechanics of the game, the info doesn't seem readily available in-game. Maybe there should be a docs page in-game or something, most of the info is scattered across preview forums or has been compiled by other players on different sites. It also kinda ties into scaling, they may know that they are capped at level 80 zones, but not that those stats get cut in half when scaled to 70, putting them around 20-30k off in conterstats, like arm-pen.