test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

adx why did we get cap raised?

Comments

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Xbox was not trending towards cap and raising the cap doesn't work against a backlog anyway. Note pc is at cap again and now they have inflation too. yay.... It doesn't fix the problem. it makes the problem worse for the economy in a different way that handicaps the newer players even worse.

when you add on the difficulty of the old content with the new caps (And I really don't think 1000 is going to make that big of a difference) the new players are going to be the most hurt. they're going to have a very hard time making ad and everything is going to be 2x as expensive as it is now on top of that. raising the adx cap is a bad thing.
    Post edited by thefiresidecat on
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    looks like only place that got fixeed by the cap raise was ps4 we steady round like low 700's lol but was round the new cap within the frst 24hrs but dropd off a bit
    i understand them doin it to try to help the bcklog on pc an ps4... but far as pc conernd most plyrs blieve the zen is wrth morre than 100:1 ratio an thats y they aint sellin an the bcklogs bck already..... srry to hear for xb1 but at the 430's rate yall was at is still pretty close to the 500 cap so jus like us yall got ur "pay raise" like we did to hopefully prevent fromhjttin the cap...... nvm the manipulators out there blame them for the cap raise not cryptic they caused it an will cause an further raise in it too bc the rich wanna stay rich no matter wht (its human nature to b greedy mostly lol)
  • jobu808jobu808 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    @noworries#8859 I couldn't get the other thread to quote, probably because its a closed thread but here is a direct quote from you one year ago from the Astral Diamonds feedback thread. I mentioned this on my rant post but since this thread has a response from you, I will post it here.

"Overall, raising the cap is not a solution we believe would help in the long term or would be beneficial to the players. It would reduce the value of AD and would end up capped again as the overall AD wealth continued to grow."

Maybe you and your team forgot about this post from 2 mods ago or maybe not. Anyway, yes you were correct in that statement, raising the cap on PC has done nothing to help the backlog which now sits at almost 14 million at 750 just two days later. If no one is selling Zen then it doesn't matter what the cap is. 500, 750, 1000 it just doesn't matter.

As a day 1 Xbox player and still a daily player, I have seen the market go up and down. I have my fair share of transactions on there either playing the market or to pop a hundred or so lock-boxes which happens a lot. Oh the addiction to boxes haha. So yes, I look at the market almost every day and usually multiple times per day. I too call BS on Xbox trending towards cap. Yes it was over 400 and has been for a while but it has been fluctuating fine with the ebs and flows of the game. Sales, events etc cause it to go up and then when those end it comes back down a bit and settles out. Things were working fine. Yes it has hit 500 a few times but never stayed there longer than a few minutes and we've never really had a backlog.

AD was trading well in the 420 to 430 range until the magical cap increase came and then poof 550. A 100 plus point increase for no reason other than there was a new cap. There was no sale, no event or anything like that to speak of. I know people were just taking advantage of the new cap that wasn't needed. I could care less if I made AD off it or not because that's not why I am posting. It's not about me it's about the Xbox community as a whole and this cap increase was a mistake!

Anyway, I've probably said too much and I'm starting to ramble but think about that quote I put on here because it was very true and very correct. Raising it would do nothing for PC but sadly raising it has already and will continue to have a negative impact on your only stable economy.
  • littledanger#4115 littledanger Member Posts: 71 Arc User

The ZAX exchange has been rising on all platforms. PC was certainly the first to hit caps, but PS4 has been hitting it as well and XBox exchange rates have been climbing towards the cap as well although they hadn't gotten there yet.

While we have been working on different AD sinks to help on that side of the economy, it was clear for a while that the ZAX exchange cap needed to increase to allow the exchange to flow more freely. We had been holding off on that step as we made some other AD based adjustments in the game first and now we were ready to take this step.

We will continue to work on the AD economy and the ZAX backlogs/fluidity on all platforms to get the exchanges working better. And while XBox did have the healthiest ZAX out of the three platforms, it was clearly trending towards hitting the cap before too much longer and so it made the most sense to adjust all at the same time as all of our other efforts to improve the AD economy will hit all platforms as well.

Playing the market/market manipulation is always possible in a system that isn't capped or very close to cap and as much as it can be frustrating for some players it is also a sign of a fluid market which is what most players want for their exchange.

Ummm, no. That's not how it works, so just stop. 1. You haven't been working on AD sinks. If so please, specify? 2. XBOX was not going to cap anytime soon - we can plot the rise/growth and forecast trends; so don't insult our intelligence. 3. FFS, I could go on, by honestly why bother? I don't think you all have the ability grasp/process information, in any capacity. It's like when I look at my pet dog, and I see her eyes gloss over - I know there's a whole bunch of "der dippty doo" going on.
    edited April 2019
    bobo#5090 said:

@noworries

In the little over a year that I have been on xbox, I have only ever seen it hit the cap once, and very briefly. It was during one of the sales, I think everything in the zen market was like 40% off or some bs like that. And even then, we were there for less than 12 hours IIRC.

Sorry, but I call BS on the xbox economy nearing cap. We've been hovering around 43x for the last 2-3 weeks, unless there's some kind of sale. Before the sale in early march we were below 400, and had been there for weeks. No need to raise our cap. This only screwed us over hugely.

If this new cap stays the daily rad to ad cap need to be raised too.

Most importantly, raising the cap didn't do squat for the pc economy as their backlog hit 10mil within 24hrs give or take of the new cap. So you still have one economy that has ZERO fluidity at all.

it was at 10 mil within an hour.

@jobu808 well said!
  • littledanger#4115 littledanger Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    bobo#5090 said:

@noworries

In the little over a year that I have been on xbox, I have only ever seen it hit the cap once, and very briefly. It was during one of the sales, I think everything in the zen market was like 40% off or some bs like that. And even then, we were there for less than 12 hours IIRC.

Sorry, but I call BS on the xbox economy nearing cap. We've been hovering around 43x for the last 2-3 weeks, unless there's some kind of sale. Before the sale in early march we were below 400, and had been there for weeks. No need to raise our cap. This only screwed us over hugely.

Most importantly, raising the cap didn't do squat for the pc economy as their backlog hit 10mil within 24hrs give or take of the new cap. So you still have one economy that has ZERO fluidity at all.

Exchange had been fluctuating between 398 and 420ish. 43x would have been very high.
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    bobo#5090 said:

@noworries

And a year before that it was close to 300. We track ZAX and we track AD in the economies, the trend line for XBox was heading to the cap of 500 as an eventual normal just like the other platforms.

Inflation exists in video games just as it does in real life, but in video games the problem is always worse/faster. That is because currency is being created out of thin air and added into the system every single day. More AD sinks are needed as well, but even with those there is more AD in the economy then there was in the past, and will be more in the future. XBox's AD economy was not getting any smaller.
    jobu808 said:

"Overall, raising the cap is not a solution we believe would help in the long term or would be beneficial to the players. It would reduce the value of AD and would end up capped again as the overall AD wealth continued to grow."

I did say that a year ago or so because the rate of AD gain was then at an all time high and doing nothing to address the AD economy but raising the cap on the ZAX would do nothing but keep it capped at the new level. We wanted to get AD economy adjustments in place first to see where the overall AD coming into the economy, and staying in the economy, before having to resort to a cap raise. A cap raise was one of the last things we wanted to try to get the exchanges in a better place, so at the time it was not a solution we wanted to go with.
    bobo#5090 said:

@noworries

Any change to the economy does not have an immediate effect. Looking at the first two days, or the first week or even the first month isn't enough time for things to settle in. It also won't be the last adjustment to the AD economies as we continue to get a better flow for the ZAX.
    edited April 2019

bobo#5090 said:

@noworries

Exchange had been fluctuating between 398 and 420ish. 43x would have been very high.
    it hit 430 a couple weeks ago and had been fluctating in the 20's 30's.. I was paying close attention because I was gearing up to put all my ad into zen for founders day :) but that's also to be expected people start hoarding ad in april may for founders day. it normally does go up a few points into the months leading up to the 40% off sale. but not by this much. this is clear market manipulation.
    edited April 2019

bobo#5090 said:

@noworries

And a year before that it was close to 300. We track ZAX and we track AD in the economies, the trend line for XBox was heading to the cap of 500 as an eventual normal just like the other platforms.

Inflation exists in video games just as it does in real life, but in video games the problem is always worse/faster. That is because currency is being created out of thin air and added into the system every single day. More AD sinks are needed as well, but even with those there is more AD in the economy then there was in the past, and will be more in the future. XBox's AD economy was not getting any smaller.
    jobu808 said:

I did say that a year ago or so because the rate of AD gain was then at an all time high and doing nothing to address the AD economy but raising the cap on the ZAX would do nothing but keep it capped at the new level. We wanted to get AD economy adjustments in place first to see where the overall AD coming into the economy, and staying in the economy, before having to resort to a cap raise. A cap raise was one of the last things we wanted to try to get the exchanges in a better place, so at the time it was not a solution we wanted to go with.
    bobo#5090 said:

@noworries

Any change to the economy does not have an immediate effect. Looking at the first two days, or the first week or even the first month isn't enough time for things to settle in. It also won't be the last adjustment to the AD economies as we continue to get a better flow for the ZAX.
    we still had a good year left before we were in real danger of cap and by then other measures to get the economy migh thave held us. as it is we have been accelerated into the same problems as the other two platforms. our economy has been worsened by this not made better, and I'm pretty sure this time last year we were at about 368, so not that far below where we were 2 weeks ago
    @noworries#8859
    Thank you for the response but you failed to see what I was actually trying to say. Your quote from a year ago was as valid then as it is now. Raising the cap on ZAX would do nothing to fix PC and in fact it did nothing but change the backlog to a different number on PC. Your team knew this would happen a year ago and you knew on Tuesday it would do nothing but the change was put into play anyway. If it wasn't going to work on PC, how would it ever work on the other platforms? All it did was mess things up and change the value of Astral Diamonds in relation to Zen which in turn changes the relation to real money.

I don't know all the happenings on PC as I haven't played on there much, other than on preview (Arbiter is pretty cool BTW). Maybe it's a player base thing, maybe it's not but if no one is trading Zen then it doesn't matter what the cap is. Reality is:

No Zen being traded = Backlog!

Kind of makes it hard to be a F2P game when you can't trade the currency you earn in game for the currency you have to pay for. Maybe that's the deep down plan, more AD per Zen = more people might buy Zen to trade? I dunno.. Maybe Xbox economy was still working because Xbox has a larger player base that spends more real $ on the game, I don't know but obviously something is different.

I play everyday and look at the exchange every day and even though the trend seemed to be going up it was still working. The truth about Xbox ZAX is it was in fact being manipulated by all the wonderful flash sales that seem to be popping up the past few months. Every time our tend took us back below say 375 poof a key sale! Or poof xx% off zen market. Then poof key sale! You know as well as I do key sales and zen market sales drive the ADX. I'm not pointing at you for those sales but they have been happening more and more frequently and it always seems to happen when the Xbox ZAX is trending back down. Zen sales tend to bring it down a bit unless it's paired with a key sale as was the case recently. Your team may have statistics but they do not tell the true story. Your longtime players can tell you what's going on. The statistics you speak of are askew as they are constantly being manipulated and that is a fact!
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User

The ZAX exchange has been rising on all platforms. PC was certainly the first to hit caps, but PS4 has been hitting it as well and XBox exchange rates have been climbing towards the cap as well although they hadn't gotten there yet.

While we have been working on different AD sinks to help on that side of the economy, it was clear for a while that the ZAX exchange cap needed to increase to allow the exchange to flow more freely. We had been holding off on that step as we made some other AD based adjustments in the game first and now we were ready to take this step.

We will continue to work on the AD economy and the ZAX backlogs/fluidity on all platforms to get the exchanges working better. And while XBox did have the healthiest ZAX out of the three platforms, it was clearly trending towards hitting the cap before too much longer and so it made the most sense to adjust all at the same time as all of our other efforts to improve the AD economy will hit all platforms as well.

Playing the market/market manipulation is always possible in a system that isn't capped or very close to cap and as much as it can be frustrating for some players it is also a sign of a fluid market which is what most players want for their exchange.

You talk about these different AD sinks you have been working on.
    Which ones are we talking about?

And for the love of God, WHY do you always run the economy changers before the "Sinks" are applied?
    If you wait, try the sinks, and see how they perform you can then gauge a level at which to apply the currency changes.
    How could you possibly have calculated that 250 is the correct level at which to set the new cap without taking into account the impact the sinks will have? At best you have made an educated guess. Had you done; it the other way round, you would have been able to actually CALCULATE the appropriate level based on the sinks' impact.
    The phrase "Putting the cart before the horse" applies in spades here.

But anyway... a sink is surely not the answer to the ADX being at Max and certainly not an encouragement for people buying Zen to trade it for AD.
    Surely the nature of a "sink" is to draw down stagnant AD from hoarders?
    Whether it's meant to be or not, the term "sink" is fairly negative, and it's always hard to get people to pay real money to be able to do something they see as negative. So I don't see too many players wanting to buy Zen to trade for AD to recharge their morale, for instance. (I presume that is one of the sinks to which you refer.)

I keep saying this, but no one seems to care.
    The only way you are going to achieve a balance between AD and Zen that makes people want to trade Zen for AD is to make both uniquely desirable.

There needs to be stuff that people want to buy with AD beyond things in the Auction House, and the absolute thrift store tat in the Wondrous Bazaar.
    You seem to have neglected the WB, one presumes on the basis that "We want them spending Zen because that's our money maker." which is both true and short sighted. (If they don't have enough AD, or time to grind it, to buy the cool desirable stuff in the WB... guess what will happen?)

Put cool stuff in the WB, and use the same system you use in the Zen Market, rotate it in and out, and make it unique to the WB.
    But again... use your creative staff, not the accountants, to come with the stuff to sell... not just more Refinement elements...

Or how about another use for AD that's more than just a money sucking "sink"...

I'm getting way off topic here, but what the hell...
    What about a kind of mini VIP for characters rather than the whole account?
    Allow characters to align with a Faction, such as "The Lords Alliance" or "The Harpers" etc.
    It would give access to skins, gear, items maybe, and a kind of Boon that offers a unique stat bonus distribution that starts low, but as you remain in the Faction the bonus grows and you get access to better stuff. It could also grant Faction quests that provide campaign currency or other stuff... but you have to pay XX Astral Diamonds per month to stay in and "level up". If you want to swap factions you can but you drop down to the start of the new faction and lose the benefits of the old one. If you miss your subscription, you lose benefits, and if you miss your subscription for say... 3 months... you are booted out and have to start again.

In fact Factions could be an entire Mod in itself if you have the imagination to expand on it. (I'd be happy to give you the ideas I've got if you were at all interested)
    It would get people spending more AD without it feeling like a "sink" and it would be a REGULAR expenditure, that would apply to each character a player wanted to use it on.

And I for one would rather spend 100'000 AD on something like THAT than lose the extra 100'000 it suddenly costs me to buy the same 1000 Zen I bought for less on Monday.

Picture yourself as a player... then ask yourself THIS question:

"Would I rather spend my AD in the game getting something good, and voiding the AD from the economy and helping balance it? Or would I rather line the pockets of a whale in a manner that just moves existing AD from one place to another?"
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    @noworries#8859 raising cap wont stop players from farming ad, to reach ad cap daily is better now something was reverted to a point that multiple char can farm ad from random queue and also with the scaling problems progression on the char enchantments/runestones/insignias/ability scores bonuses makes worthless to invest on it at all, ad - zen backlog was so high, that on first day of the raise to 1 zen - 750 ad, all zen was gone on same day lol, same thing will happen in the future player will keep their ad because there is no point on refining echantments/runestones/insignias (if the scale down system stays broken like this), scaledown should be stats rating not item level, item level means nothing to the player skill on the class played.
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    Counting on new 750AD:1ZEN ratio to heal this game economy alone is plain and simple proof that some1 who figured this out need a basic economical education.

So dear dev who pushed that idea - Just take a look on effects. Yupiie it worked out.... for less then lets say...
    24 hours?

And now AH prices are going up to reflect and compensatethat.
    If you really thought that we wont rise prices for lets say legendary mounts you cant buy from a ZEN market while we have to pay more for ward then you must be.....naive?

BTW due to scalling and overall enchantments devaluations we dont really need to upgrade them any more.
    So... dont be suprised that quntities of wards you sell on ZEN store will drop significantly.

In fact there is even less reasons to buy any ZEN from you now.....
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    gripnir78 said:

Counting on new 750AD:1ZEN ratio to heal this game economy alone is plain and simple proof that some1 who figured this out need a basic economical education.

So dear dev who pushed that idea - Just take a look on effects. Yupiie it worked out.... for less then lets say...
    24 hours?

And now AH prices are going up to reflect and compensatethat.
    If you really thought that we wont rise prices for lets say legendary mounts you cant buy from a ZEN market while we have to pay more for ward then you must be.....naive?

BTW due to scalling and overall enchantments devaluations we dont really need to upgrade them any more.
    So... dont be suprised that quntities of wards you sell on ZEN store will drop significantly.

In fact there is even less reasons to buy any ZEN from you now.....

we wont need wards anymore we know how many fails till a success and farm ingredients instead of ad to buy wards xD
    So when you edit a post does it just disappear? Now my post from today disappeared! Or am I being moderated for speaking facts?
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User

bobo#5090 said:

@noworries

jobu808 said:

bobo#5090 said:

@noworries

we still had a good year left before we were in real danger of cap and by then other measures to get the economy migh thave held us. as it is we have been accelerated into the same problems as the other two platforms. our economy has been worsened by this not made better, and I'm pretty sure this time last year we were at about 368, so not that far below where we were 2 weeks ago
    I missed this when you first posted it.

Am I being really paranoid if I start to think that... maybe if we get the hoped for new intake to run with Mod 16 USED TO the idea of Zen going at a higher rate than it needs to, they'll be cool with it. Then we all look like bitter old HAMSTER for not being cool with it, so we huff, shrug, and put up with it?

If we get this potential new intake on Undermountain, is it better from a long term PR point of view if they hike it now, rather than a year from now?

Or... like I say... am I being a bit TOO paranoid...
  • valetudo78valetudo78 Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    Look whats happening is simple. Cryptic doesn't want you to buy VIP with AD. This actually started years ago right before they introduced VIP. The economy was fine until cryptic not the players started messing with it.
  • heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    jobu808 said:

So when you edit a post does it just disappear? Now my post from today disappeared! Or am I being moderated for speaking facts?

same thing happened to me and to my friend they are deleting posts this is probably kreatyive doing always deleting people who speak the truth hopefully meets a good end with these evil acts
    > @heraldfayez#8520 said:
    > So when you edit a post does it just disappear? Now my post from today disappeared! Or am I being moderated for speaking facts?
    >
    > same thing happened to me and to my friend they are deleting posts this is probably kreatyive doing always deleting people who speak the truth hopefully meets a good end with these evil acts

Maybe I'll try again later. I mean like 3rd time might be the charm ๐Ÿ˜‚
  • killzoneexkillzoneex Member Posts: 94 Arc User

You do not need to raise the cap, all you have to do is Force all of the banned and inactive accounts to exchange their ZEN into AD = AD sink and people get their zen = Healthy economy.

LOL. Too true. At least they should do that for banned accounts.
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    jobu808 said:

> @heraldfayez#8520 said:

> So when you edit a post does it just disappear? Now my post from today disappeared! Or am I being moderated for speaking facts?

>

> same thing happened to me and to my friend they are deleting posts this is probably kreatyive doing always deleting people who speak the truth hopefully meets a good end with these evil acts

Maybe I'll try again later. I mean like 3rd time might be the charm ๐Ÿ˜‚

Its from editing. if you edit your post too quickly after posting it detects it as spam and hides the post. It has nothing to do with a Mod deliberately deleting posts.
    Hmmm, ok, that's too bad because there was a lot of good truth in them. Figured maybe they were deleted because of content. Maybe a Mod can make them show again. Kind of a bummer to actually start posting about something and have the posts go poof...
  • davidmokidavidmoki Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    Your "solution" had immediate effect and everything is more expensive now, you did not help, just made it worse. :)