test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Our HOPE: Chaos brings unease, but also opportunity for Creativity and Growth

aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
edited April 2019 in General Discussion (PC)
I will state that we as a guild (Tyrs Paladium) and as an alliance (The Neverwinter Fellowship) are definitely NOT giving up on Neverwinter and will proceed full steam ahead to be the premiere place to play Neverwinter in our no drama, fun, old school playstyle. I've received PMs in the last 3 days thanking me for not coming out against Cryptic and taking a positive, wait and see approach.

This WILL seam overwhelming today and tomorrow, but many will be surprised that there is a purpose for all of the changes.

Neverwinter must remain profitable for there to be a game, and the game must be easier for the team to develop more content and now the balancing matters.

Some of these issues needed to be addressed in alpha back in 2012, not in 2019. I am also NOT happy with the timing of some of these changes. Their indecision THEN, has cause some of the issues to remain, or grow, and made it necessary for them to fix them now. The Foundry, don't even get me started.

However, re-balancing/bug fixing/new content is essential and a sign that THEY are not giving up on the game and in fact repositioning it so they can persevere as developers to continue to create D&D adventure for us into the future.

I must say in all these years, the devs STILL listen and take notes on how the games' GUILDS react to changes. They DO want a model that keeps VIPs and all the regulars (F2P or otherwise) happy. No question about it. They just needed to take some heavy equipment to the back end code so that there is a game to play in the next 5 years called Neverwinter.

WE will be here. Neverwinter will be here. Mark my words. Just like we've been since ALPHA.

We will take notes and I will post commentary based on ALL of our guildies' feedback, as a guild. We will get it to the powers that be, not just posted here on the motherboards. We can help shape the future of Neverwinter so that OUR PLAYSTYLE remains viable for our guildies, alliance members and the greater Neverwinter community.

Most importantly, I am hoping that many in our guild, our alliance and the greater Neverwinter community can exercise patience and play together and figure the new system and content out. The developers have new content coming, LOTS of it. I'm looking forward to seeing it once again.

AandretheGiant
Co-Founder of Tyrs Paladium 11 Years Ago
Former Neverwinter Forum Moderator
Realtor & Old School Gamer For LIFE.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Comments

• Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    edited April 2019

How are you 10 Years Strong in a game that is about to celebrate the 6th year running in mid June of this year??

I'm not in their guild, but I believe I've seen references to it in other games - so the timeline is for their guild spanning multiple games. Which is why it predates NWN by a few years.
  • Options
    edited April 2019

How are you 10 Years Strong in a game that is about to celebrate the 6th year running in mid June of this year??

THIS is going to be fun. I'll even be nice. It's more fun sometimes. I co-founded Tyrs Paladium with my soon to be RL best friend Paks in 2008. IN DDO. Then we came to Neverwinter and started recruiting 1.5 years before game launch, but not on purpose. It was because they decided to turn Neverwinter into a full fledged MMO, from its roots as a cooperative MMO. That goes back a ways.

Anywho, we are a PROUD founders guild that has stayed intact since before GAME LAUNCH, and somehow have amassed 75,000 views in our recruitment thread. I guess it's because we have told a story on the forums in DDO, Elder Scrolls Online, Guild Wars 2, and some game called... what is it again, right right... NEVERWINTER! And we try our very best, to back it up in game. :)

Ok, I'll be a bit more transparent. We have been blessed and were fortunate to have met some great old school gamers along the way that have joined us expecting a drama free, elitist free and fun environment to play the game together with like minded gamers. We are an established, close-knit, long-term and dedicated guild. That's all really -- I hope I answered your question in it's entirety.
    Post edited by aandrethegiant on

No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    edited April 2019

Make it fun, or lose your customers.

There is no question about the above. I agree 100% with you there.

I can only speak for me and sometimes for our guild and alliance. We are trying to remain positive in the midst of a lot of changes that are affecting our members in many different ways. But here is some Founder-speak for you: Giving up and Doom is failure. And change is inevitable.

We will continue to find our way to offer criticism constructively for the developers, provide for our friends in guild and in our alliance, and grow in spite of the temporary darkness surrounding this Mod release.

• Options
    manipulosmanipulos Member Posts: 235 Arc User

Ok, I'll be a bit more transparent. We have been blessed and were fortunate to have met some great old school gamers along the way that have joined us expecting a drama free, elitist free and fun environment to play the game together with like minded gamers. We are an established, close-knit, long-term and dedicated guild. That's all really -- I hope I answered your question in it's entirety.

That old saying "life is what you make of it" applies to everything. You want a "drama free, elitist free, fun" guild then help make your guild that way. Whatever it is you want out of a guild, be a part of making that happen or start your own guild and make it happen if you are so inclined. I know you know this Comm, I'm just preaching to the choir here!

Anyway back to topic, thanks for staying positive! You've never been one to hold back your "constructive criticisum" and you make some good points in your OP without going into specifics.

• Options
    littledanger#4115 littledanger Member Posts: 71 Arc User

Make it fun, or lose your customers.

There is no question about the above. I agree 100% with you there.

I can only speak for me and sometimes for our guild and alliance. We are trying to remain positive in the midst of a lot of changes that are affecting our members in many different ways. But here is some Founder-speak for you: Giving up and Doom is failure. And change is inevitable.

We will continue to find our way to offer criticism constructively for the developers, provide for our friends in guild and in our alliance, and grow in spite of the temporary darkness surrounding this Mod release.
    I can understand your position, I do. And I wish we could all remain positive and optimistic. But I think we need to push back hard, and be vocal. These guys keep putting out HAMSTER, and honestly they have no execuse for it. They have a very smart, educated player base that bends over backwards to help with this game - and yet, they continue to alienate/HAMSTER over at every turn.
  • Options

I can understand your position, I do. And I wish we could all remain positive and optimistic. But I think we need to push back hard, and be vocal. These guys keep putting out HAMSTER, and honestly they have no execuse for it. They have a very smart, educated player base that bends over backwards to help with this game - and yet, they continue to alienate/HAMSTER over at every turn.

I agree 100% on the smart educated playerbase. We love this community. D&D folk are very, very particular folks. If you don't think so, get into a "discussion" with someone and ask them their favorite set of D&D rules! :) Add on top of it the MMO crowd, many of which are one and the same for this game.

Don't confuse my optimism for this community and game with white knighting for the developers. PW/Cryptic has always had challenges with connecting to this community, and I've made it known for many years. Unfortunately it's a pattern in many MMOs, not just Neverwinter.

We are listening to our guildies and alliance members and will be making ourselves heard once we get enough feedback from our members.

• Options
    pakatapoespakatapoes Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    When people complain and stay , because they love the game and want it to be better. And some people dont listen , they keep draging the game to the deep . Like today , I cant remember how many times people left in intermediate dungeons and skirmish because of the downscaling. In my opinion we been down scaled too much , mobs 1 shot you . When I was at the same lvl as the dungeons we run right now with the downscaling , I had never had a problem to finish the dungeon. Thats why I say ,we have been downscaled too much
  • Options
    > @littledanger#4115 said:
    > No doubt, plenty of LOL in that. This is a game, ran by a for profit company - there's no time for patience or understanding. Make it fun, or lose your customers.

There's a problem with your last statement.

"Fun" is a relative concept. What one person defines as fun, another person may not. For example, some people find it fun to waltz through a map and solo everything there without taking any serious damage. Personally, I find it boring to do that because there is no challenge to it. To me, if something is too easy, I get bored with it.
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User

> @littledanger#4115 said:

> No doubt, plenty of LOL in that. This is a game, ran by a for profit company - there's no time for patience or understanding. Make it fun, or lose your customers.

There's a problem with your last statement.

"Fun" is a relative concept. What one person defines as fun, another person may not. For example, some people find it fun to waltz through a map and solo everything there without taking any serious damage. Personally, I find it boring to do that because there is no challenge to it. To me, if something is too easy, I get bored with it.

I quit this game 5 years ago for that very reason.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    edited April 2019

Very good point. In general, challenge is very good. We are a team based community. Everything evolves around voluntary grouping. Without challenge, we have little to offer our guildies and alliance members. And guilds are the foundation of any D&D like MMO like Neverwinter. Why? Because we tend to excel in building social relationships in the community.

The benefits of Challenge. That's what corporate bean counters in big MMO publishing houses like PW never seem to get. I feel its a unique ingredient, advantage and tool that the MMO genre can wield in today's gaming market to compete against the EASY BUTTON mobile gaming business model and limitations. Complexity can be good. Without it, you don't have replay-ability (playerbase term) or retention (corporate term).

I'm looking forward to Cryptic's responses, and to see what they adjust based on feedback from some of the long time players, along with some of today's paying customers, because without them... and all those that seek adventure... this game would be long gone. Never forget your roots Cryptic :)