test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cannot turn in Power Points (Where is the 400K AD now?)

thyrannoothyrannoo Member Posts: 24 Arc User
Unable to turn in my 10 power point pack for the AD voucher in the new store.
Noticed I had to have Power Points themselves (the currency in the store to trade-in), thus opened the pack. Gave me the 10 Power Points, however I'm unable to acquire the 400K AD from the store.

Please let me know how this could happen and how I can still get the AD.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    I had a 10 power point pack that couldnt exchange, so I opened the box....

Now I dont have power points, nor the item and cant exchange for 400k AD...

@nitocris83
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options

I had a 10 power point pack that couldnt exchange, so I opened the box....

Now I dont have power points, nor the item and cant exchange for 400k AD...

@nitocris83

Yes, exact same problem. Tried in between to spend the currency, but nothing. And then it just fades away in front of you :s
  • Options
    bhurabbhurab Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    I have the same issue - the Power Point pack is not recognised for exchange. I have contacted CS who suggest that the Devs are aware and working on the issue. I am hoping that this can be resolved soon, along with your points Thyrannoo and Darthpotater.

https://i.postimg.cc/prMpn5kM/power-points.jpg
  • Options
    I contacted support and the answer...
    ------------
    Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We're sorry to hear about the issue you have encountered with the 10 Power Point pack. We received similar reports from other players and we can confirm that the developers are already aware of the issue and are working on a fix for it. Unfortunately, we won't be able to replace the used power points.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Let us know if you have further concerns.
    -------------

Are you really kidding me? You recognice its a bug, and I will lose 400K because that bug and I have to deal with that? Really? @nitocris83
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
  • Options
    That would be crazy. Would be the same case for me in that case, kept it save for months, years. And now this, lol.

I don't see them doing that, it would be to bad to do.
  • Options
    drinkvernors#7197 drinkvernors Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    They have server logs, they can recover evidence that you 'had' the points at the time Mod 16 launched ...

My question is ... the points require that you are level 70 (and have spent less than 115 points), without some way of disabling XP leveling, how can we prevent our characters from being above level 70 and therefore unqualified for the Power Points? Will the pack still open if you are level 80 and will the vendor still exchange/credit you for the 10 points (as a pack or opened) when this is fixed??? Shall we all just stop playing until the bug is fixed to prevent leveling/disqualification?
  • Options

They have server logs, they can recover evidence that you 'had' the points at the time Mod 16 launched ...

My question is ... the points require that you are level 70 (and have spent less than 115 points), without some way of disabling XP leveling, how can we prevent our characters from being above level 70 and therefore unqualified for the Power Points? Will the pack still open if you are level 80 and will the vendor still exchange/credit you for the 10 points (as a pack or opened) when this is fixed??? Shall we all just stop playing until the bug is fixed to prevent leveling/disqualification?

I dont know how many power points I had when I used the item (I had all the powers maxed) but the game shouldnt let you use the item if power points arent used anymore, to prevent corrupted states or other bugs.

I feel a bit idiot for using the item now, but I couldnt imagine there was a bug exchanging the power point item... did they test this once?

And the server logs... yes they should have them but will they hear us? answers like support doesnt make me very optimistic...

We are all getting a bad experience when lots of things are good, but the overall sensation is bad because all of the bugs
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
  • Options
    cabar1cabar1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 124 Arc User

Do you really belive they will look those up for every toon here? Good Luck, I do not expect to see the ones all my toons had either!

99 lines of code on the wall, 99 lines of code, add one line, compile it again....... 113 lines on code on the wall
    113 lines of code on the wall, 113 lines of code, rewrite one line, compile it again.......
    Wait For It
  • Options
    cabar1 said:

Do you really belive they will look those up for every toon here? Good Luck, I do not expect to see the ones all my toons had either!

Indeed. Here is the answer from CUSTOMER SUPPORT /sarcasm

Hello,

Thank you for the response.

As much as we would like to assist or compensate for the used power points, we regret that we won't be able to proceed with your request. We get that this must be disappointing and we apologize for not being able to positively respond on your request.

If ever you have further concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again

So here you go. A bug they recognised but well they laugh in my face. Anyone is willing to help? @nitocris83 @noworries#8859 @asterdahl ??

Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    thyrannoo said:

Unable to turn in my 10 power point pack for the AD voucher in the new store.
    Noticed I had to have Power Points themselves (the currency in the store to trade-in), thus opened the pack. Gave me the 10 Power Points, however I'm unable to acquire the 400K AD from the store.

Please let me know how this could happen and how I can still get the AD.

Thanks.

The problem is that although the l the issue with the 10-point pack as a "known issue" (Players with the BoA 10-Power Point item cannot trade it in for AD - this is related to an item given out during last year's anniversary event. We are looking into how to address this.) there was nothing done to stop people from making the expensive mistake of opening the pack after Mod 16 launched.

I guess that support has no way to determine if you opened the power point pack after mod 16 launched or before. Maybe they can verify that you actually had the pack recently, and didn't just open it months ago?
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    cabar1 said:

Are you saying you had 10-point packs on multiple toons, and opened them all after mod 16 launched?
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    > @adinosii said:
    > Do you really belive they will look those up for every toon here? Good Luck, I do not expect to see the ones all my toons had either!
    >
    > Are you saying you had 10-point packs on multiple toons, and opened them all after mod 16 launched?

i did not open anything as there was nothing labelled as such in any of the inventory bags. the scholar showed that i had no point packs at all
    99 lines of code on the wall, 99 lines of code, add one line, compile it again....... 113 lines on code on the wall
    113 lines of code on the wall, 113 lines of code, rewrite one line, compile it again.......
    Wait For It
  • Options
    dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User

I contacted support and the answer...
    ------------
    Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We're sorry to hear about the issue you have encountered with the 10 Power Point pack. We received similar reports from other players and we can confirm that the developers are already aware of the issue and are working on a fix for it. Unfortunately, we won't be able to replace the used power points.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Let us know if you have further concerns.
    -------------

Allow me to put that through Tookle Translate © for you...

"Pffft. Get bent, scrub."

That's been my experience with CS customer service as well.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • Options
    anhuneddanhunedd Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Also fell for this failure. Couldn't trade in item, so as many other things in this game need to be removed from a selection box before they can be used/traded, I stupidly used the item and it vanished, with nothing to show for it. 400K AD gone. Not happy.
  • Options
    > @anhunedd said:
    > Also fell for this failure. Couldn't trade in item, so as many other things in this game need to be removed from a selection box before they can be used/traded, I stupidly used the item and it vanished, with nothing to show for it. 400K AD gone. Not happy.

i had no item to trade on the 12 toons that had power points in mod 15, they just disappeared like 'poof'?
    Wait For It
  • Options
    anhuneddanhunedd Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    cabar1 said:

> @anhunedd said:

> Also fell for this failure. Couldn't trade in item, so as many other things in this game need to be removed from a selection box before they can be used/traded, I stupidly used the item and it vanished, with nothing to show for it. 400K AD gone. Not happy.

i had no item to trade on the 12 toons that had power points in mod 15, they just disappeared like 'poof'?

It's not for all the power points used to develop the character pre-mod 16, it's specifically for anyone who had an item like "10 power points" in their inventory - you used to be able to buy them off the Zen store. I never used the one I had as I noticed they were trickling in via the awards each time you "leveled up" past level 70. Saved for a rainy day. And then when the time comes to cash it in, it doesn't work and I, along with others, have lost it.
  • Options
    Last response from CS:

--------------------------------
    Thank you for writing back.

We understand that this kind of issue can be frustrating. We reviewed your request but unfortunately, we are unable to grant Astral Diamonds or provide compensation for this issue. This will require development time from departments outside of Customer Support and cannot be immediately resolved by a Game Master. Any fixes that will be implemented in-game will be released in a future update and information will be available in the patch notes posted in both the official game page and forums.

We apologize for the inconvenience. If we can help with anything else, please let us know.
    -----------------------------

Awesome. Sure they Will fix the trade issue. But those who spent the item are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

The sad thing is that they recognice that is their fault.
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
  • Options
    chilli1212chilli1212 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I did the same! Wanted to exchange the 10 Power Point pack and couldn't. I thought the thing to exchange is inside the pack. Puff, item vanished and I had nothing!

Greetings, Chili!

Thank you for contacting Player Support. I apologize for the delayed response due to the number of incoming tickets in our queue.

I understand that you're reporting about your 10 Power Points pack and the inability to trade it for Astral Diamonds as the Antiquities Agent would not accept it. I also would like to acknowledge that it disappeared after you accidentally opened it. I'll be more than happy to discuss this matter with you! With regard to this, I'm afraid only purchased 10 Power Points Pack can be traded with the said NPC. As for the pack itself, while I hate it to be the bearer of bad news, we're unable to grant you one since Power Points have already been removed from the game. Additionally, in the event that we do, you'll still be unable to trade them.

I hope this clarifies your query and I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please feel free to send in a new ticket should you face any issues in the game and we'd be honored to assist you in the best possible means. We're grateful for your time and support!

Sincerely,
    Etelia
    Game Master
    Perfect World Entertainment
    http://support.arcgames.com/

That is the response from Support that I got. Apparently the account bound pack from the 5 year anniversary was and will never be eligible for the exchange =(.

Best,
    Chillios
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Hey folks! Since this is confirmed as a known issue and the team is working on resolving it, I'm closing the thread.
This discussion has been closed.