test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Companions are in a bad state.... Slow, lazy and stupid...

2»

Comments

• Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    kreatyve said:

Companions are getting a major rework with mod 16 in a few weeks. Patience.

It seems one of the "major reworks" the companions got was their inability to slot non-companion specific gear like rings, belts necklaces, etc... yet the enchantments in those non-companion items are still slotted in those items...

Companion specific items had their enchantments removed but those items formerly on companions that are no longer able to be used by companions - players have to pay (gold) to have those enchantments removed...

Another possible oversight, or at least I hope it is an oversight - is some players had multiple companions equipped with companion specific gear... With the roll out of Mod16 there are only three slots for companion gear, yet all other sets remain Bound to Character

Many players like myself now have a character with multiple sets of companion specific gear - which are bound to character instead of bound to account - and some characters who don't have any gear for their companions since they were formerly outfitted with non-companion specific gear...

Hopefully there is a fix for this post haste ~
    1. Remove all enchantments from non-companion specific gear as it was done for companion specific gear... (*or admit to an "Oops" and give every player 10 (+/-) gold for each active companion they had at the roll out of Mod16).
    2. Change companion specific gear previously on companions to Bound to Account instead of Bound to Character so companions who find themselves without gear following the roll out of Mod16 can use items from other players on the account who had multiple items slotted but can now only slot three items.
    DD~
  • Options
    adlain#7681 adlain Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have spent several hundreds in cash to build fast in 3 weeks and get my CW character where it is barely able to compete at a high level. I could relax, and have fun, slowly grow after a very fast start. Now my CW character is missing favorite skills, the developed companions and mounts are tied to a worthless character with terrible skill sets. I can not even change path to experiment. Do not think the developers or management supports the players in this game or give us the oppurtunity to salvage our hard worked character developments. They should allow us to move them to a character better suited to our game play, especially after these severe game changes. Heck, maybe I learned my lesson and will cut my losses and quit the game now. That is a sad thought, for what was a very nice game.
  • Options
    I believe wWhat ticks me off the most is a few of the character skills or feats my characters had a level 70 character are now not available until my character is a much higher level... those that aren't gone all together.

One of the most attractive features of Neverwinter as far as I was concerned, one of the things that I thought put Neverwinter over and above a lot of the other MMORPG's out there, was the ability for players to 'build' their characters in the way the player wanted them to be, not as some pre-set cookie cutter facsimile of every other character of the same class... that kind of individualism and player preference seems to be gone

Instead of making new character feats and skills available as a character progresses from the previous level cap of 70 to the post-Mod16 level cap of 80, they've taken away some of the skills and feats our characters had at 70 and we don't get them back until they are at a higher level – if they aren’t just gone entirely.
    DD~
  • Options
    axyremaxyrem Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Companions AI & Path finding & speed is as bad as it was before...... no improvements.. nothing

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,098 Arc User
    The enchants are still legal to be placed in those items, so yeah, gonna cost to remove them. Why would you expect otherwise?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    greywynd said:

The enchants are still legal to be placed in those items, so yeah, gonna cost to remove them. Why would you expect otherwise?

First because chances are players probably already have the items they want their characters to wear equipped... the likelihood of a player character wanting swap out a piece of equipment formerly worn by a companion is pretty slim I figure. However if for whatever reason a player decides they actually want to wear an item formerly on a companion, they can always slot an enchantment back into that gear at no cost.

Secondly as I also mentioned all of the gear formerly on a companion (character specific and non-character specific) is Bound to Character, since there is a possibility of from 15 to 20 items formerly slotted by the 5 active companions now reduced to just three items that’s 12 items a player has to pay to have enchantments removed whether or not they decide to keep the gear they are currently wearing – or slot a piece of gear formerly on a companion and pay to remove the enchantments on the gear they replaced for just rank 5 enchantments that’s 1.5 gold for every enchantment they have to remove. Also considering each piece of gear can have up to two slots that cost could be doubled for a lot of players…

Maybe not such a big deal for a lot of veteran players who tend to have a moderate stockpile of gold, but certainly a hardship for new and low level players since they also have to spend gold to purchase things like skill kits, potions, and professions.

If nothing else, try to think about it from their perspective.
    DD~
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,098 Arc User
    Gold is, by far, the easiest currency to come by.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.