test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official M16: Cleric Feedback

Comments

• Options
    alfalolzalfalolz Member Posts: 161 Arc User

Been away from preview for a week or so. I'm happy with the new changes, finally some dmg biffs! Also scaling seems to be fixed, i can once again solo CN.

Still like live better, but this will have to do!

Very true. All we need is to remove the divine glow useless feat and replace with with Sunburst feat that used to be quite handy at time so we can have damage choices!
  • Options
    stark4876#1423 stark4876 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Cleric (Devout)

Why was Blessing of Battle moved to Blessing of Light? No longer deals damage why? your next healing spell by 10% when befour we had 5% for 12s and did damage. I would like it to get damage back and give you some divinity on third hit or something.

I would also like to know why were the only class without a buff or shield?

Warlock will be wanted for Pillar of Power and better CC and i still don't know why are (Soothing Light) from Mod 15 was giving to Warlock in Mod 16? I would just like to know??? I still cant get over that

Paladin will be wanted for there Shields and can also help with tanking.

I just dont see a good spot for Devout in Mod 16.

Will we get anymore help with Cleric befour Live? Or in Mod 17?
  • Options
    Something you could do is give us a feat that Healing Word only lasts for 5s But gives a 5% damage Buff

Also Warding Flare needs to take over that New power Intercession we have enough healing give us a Max Hit point Or damage Encounter
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

Still have aoe issues..our only option for aoe is daunting light.....which isnt much of an aoe....searing javelin? Is not a proper aoe, im not sure how its intended to work but its rare for enemies to be in a line.

I wasn't a fan of it originally, but it has been improved and now works quite nicely. In fact, I think it is really a "must use" power now.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options

Still have aoe issues..our only option for aoe is daunting light.....which isnt much of an aoe....searing javelin? Is not a proper aoe, im not sure how its intended to work but its rare for enemies to be in a line. So then we have dailies...flamestrike feated is great, so is celestial prominence, but with the DC sigil nerfed to 25% AP over 15 seconds, and the abyssmal AP gain of m16 depending on dailies is quite ureliable.

Maybe give us back chains dmg for arbiter and reduce the cooldown and cost to be similar with daunting light, but a much larger radius and possibly a damage over time too....they are chains of BLAZING light after all!

Pffy, clearly you have not tested enough.

Searing Javelin, has been reworked to a cone effect and its radius increased to 8. So im not sure how u can not aoe mobs with the skill.
    We got a nice feat to it as well.

Slot, searing, daunting with forge. Choose proper feats and you are happy Arbiter.

• Options
    Dear Aster,

Please could you consider adding some sort of stun or immobilize or daze effect to Gease for pvp (Being single target)
    This is something we really miss compared to other classes.
    Chains are almost useless as well as sunburst aint good enough.

I hope we can have something single target so we can go with some sort of a combo moves. Currently we are the only class l;acking control effects.

Thx alot
  • Options
    kythelion#3210 kythelion Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Searing Javelin is pretty fantastic. I've been murdering mobs with it. Fck DL lol
  • Options
    i10oxi10ox Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Does anyone think they are going to play a cleric that cant do damage or heal? We are back to gimp with no purpose. This mod is not even remotely ready to launch.
  • Options
    adders79#8251 adders79 Member Posts: 72 Arc User

@alfalolz

searing,forgemaster,daunting

is the rotation ive been using. Since bastion got nerfed i stopped using it. Thinking i may drop Forgemaster too because it puts me in a bind whenever i use it....it costs so much divinity.

How the hell are u guys getting 57k armor penetration?

i have r13-15 darks in all offence slots and all the gear i chose has arpen, but im only at 47k.....

Look for companions with ArP that is where I get a lot of mine.
  • Options
    i10ox said:

Does anyone think they are going to play a cleric that cant do damage or heal? We are back to gimp with no purpose. This mod is not even remotely ready to launch.

Uh...what do you mean by "can't do damage or heal" ? The Arbiter cleric can do pretty decent damage, and as far as the campaign to get from 70 to 80 it is fine. There are issues with long combats when divinity management becomes a real issue, and of course combat is more mechanical, longer (and boring) than it used to be, but the damage is OK, compared to other classes.

As for healing, the Devout Cleric can heal just fine. The issue is whether anyone would want a Cleric instead of a Paladin (who also affers damage mitigation) or a Warlock (who also can do DPS). A healing cleric can only heal, so to be equally viable as the other two Healer classes, it should IMO be able to outheal them, to compensate for what they offer in addition to healing.
  • Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

just saw today u can buy the new sets for 1 copper

That's in the preview store. I'm pretty sure you have to actually work or pay to get them on live.
  • Options
    edited April 2019

just saw today u can buy the new sets for 1 copper. With all the new gear fully refined im at 57k arpen....and i have 1 companion i get arpen from, wandering scarecrow i think. So is this what to expect? Not having enough arpen until i am "BIS"?

With "BiS" gear you can go much higher. Here is what I had on my "BiS" character before I started working on switching gear and other stuff to bring some of the stats down.

More than half of my ArPen actually comes from my companion, which is a Legendary augment with 3xR15 Bonding runestones, so my suggestion would be to focus on that.

Post edited by adinosii on
  • Options

So now i need an augment?

i have almost all r15 enchants and all r15 on companion and i have about half your stats :/

what am i doing wrong?

You don't need an augment. It gives you additional stats, at the cost of not healing you or not fighing for you (and not helping you get CA when playing solo)....it's a trade-off.

Personally, I am going for an augment, as I already had a nice one. Note that I also have the new artifacts and the new companion gear on my "BiS" character....when Mod 16 goes live, my stats will be quite a bit lower.

• Options
    With the changes in this last round with more "help" for managing divinity, the gap in DPS between Arbiter and others in longer fights might have inched closed a little. I did find myself eating my judgement for divinity less, which means more empowered damage, and a more sustained damage output. I did still run myself out a couple times, but not as much. I also learned that if one is going to use FF, don't slot any other divinity powers. It's too cost heavy to pair with other divinty users for sustained fights.
  • Options
    glowingemberglowingember Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    seems everything is in order here atm - everybody has things well in hand. I haven't been able to do any testing this week due to being sick.

But he following comments stick in my mind.

FF is a great spell to use if you slot no other divinity spells. It's those non divine spells that can be awkward. sunburst is a great choice when feated with heavy sun.

on the devout - if the dc only brings healing and err, more healing to the party - warlocks and paladins will be the preferred healer role as ppl figure that out on live. You only need so much healing and then its redundant. Not a single damage spell is unlocked at high levels.

this is a class that can cast some of the most powerful magics in the game such as divine intervention. so uh yeah. Some better ability to use the radiant aspect of divinity as damage would be nice. I believe there was a previous feat that triggered to unleash divine damage with every attack - but since it was mostly with at wills - was lacking.

a devout version of divine glow that increased you at will damage to high levels to make for the lack of great attack spells would be nice and thematic - it could be part of the righteous mechanic.

but seeing as it's the 18th - i think this is the best its gonna get so i'm about 75- 80 % happy with everything that's happened here.

Which is a hell of a lot better than last time i participated in testing - when i was like 20% happy. maybe. lol

Thanks a bunch for working so hard on this.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I found a really nice rhythm with FF, bts, Geas, and conflagration (I think. I mean the one that gives 3 pips) for boss fights. Using BTS for my empowered radiant and FF for my empowered flame. Bts doesn't use divinity, so you have to wait for cooldown, strangely enough that's good. During that cooldown there is almost exactly enough time to empower ff then fill the judgement gauge twice. Once to eat to keep divinty up and once to empower bts. And Geas I snuck in whenever it was up for the debuff. DL is a good swap for Geas if you don't want the debuff, but you have to be careful to use it sparingly. Pairing this with the last column feats kept my divinty in a useable range for most of the boss fights and my damage seemed pretty good.
  • Options
    glowingemberglowingember Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    err i think you are mistaking lance of faith for chilling cloud. Wasnèt it a trip hit - or extra damage on single target in some form É - and there goes my computer reseting to multilingual language - because microsoft.... those are ' and ?
  • Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Lance of faith, pre-M16 is a small aoe on the third hit.
  • Options

Is eldricht blast still an aoe on 3rd hit? (Warlock)

if so i wanna be the first to declare shenanagins on mod 16!

Yes it dose :anguished: I just cant get over what there doing to are Cleric
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User

I have the "sucessor" gear, watcher weapons and wyvern set, all fully refined, and the new belt neck ring on companion (from the campaign) 3 r15 bonding, 14.5% mystic bolster, and 2 r15 recondite, 1 r15 arcane runestone. and now a legendary augment, but still about 75% of all your stats @adinosii......is there some other stat boost im not seeing? I have every boon also....

I get about the same as you, I can get stats into the 60-70 range reliably in end game gear, but getting to the stats Adinosii shows, that’s not a thing I’m getting done.

——
    The difference in play between Arbiter and Devout is the number of options they have for dps. The Arbiter is more flexible and with the right rotations you will see more of a difference in effectiveness for dps in team content, but out in Zones they should effectively be the same.

It’s not like the Devout has a 10% decrease in damage imposed on it or anything.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.