What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What's in a name?

2»

Comments

• Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Llorna Zorg was Llorna Demoneyes she married her companion Count Zorg a Red Wizard. Real reason: too many Demoneyes in the game.
    Dirk Anvil Slade - A half elf demi-human, his adoptive father was a black smith named him. His real mother left him, so the last name came from a comedy western Evil Roy Slade.
    Aero Ironcrown and her companion husband Vhex Ironcrown - Asmodeus worshipping Scourge Warlock. Aero meaning flying as how the warlock moves in game. Vhex is just a combo of vex (afflict) and hex (curse). Many times I just stitch together two words. The Ironcrown just sounded good.
    Goro Thay - Actually was a character in my first NW foundry before becoming a character I played. Goro came from "Seven Samurai" character Gorobei Katayama and Thay relating to death, however this is not the character "real name" as they are a wanted outlaw.
    Will Robert Snooks - A combo of a couple of real highwaymen from history.
    Hladgerd Lothbrok - A historical viking shield maiden and the the Lothbrok which roughly translates to baggy pants.
    Nicholas Magnus - Magnus is a name associated with many magical persons and Nicholas as in Old Nick a colloquialism for the devil himself.
    Silvane Stardust - The first default name was altered to Silvane, I think it was Silvia or something? All the elves in Sharandar have last names like Winterwhite, Songscythe, or Skywatcher. I made Stardust and when I said the two names together, my first thought was... sounds like a pole dancer at the Deja Vu. Yes, It will do.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    enzeru#8218 enzeru Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I normally use character names I used before. Enzeru, Claire, Mirra... companions Kyoya (cleric) and Major (war dog). I haven't done the 'cosplay' thing yet but I might later on.
  • Options
    astrotiger5astrotiger5 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    There are a few excess first/last character names I generative, fill free to use them:

First Name (m=male, f=female):Aelia (f), Thord (m), Vethis (m), Vistra (f), Vanth (m), Valgor (m),Daylin (m), Traenn (m), Zorgar (m), Grimdorf (m), Zoalfinn (m) Heidifinn (f), Bhar (m), Wolfen (m), Wyr (m), Balasaur (m), Zandred (m), Thorfinn (m), Kylan (m), Ohmtax (m), Grimley (m), Kurwax (m), Rhurwax (m), Normagard (f), Durka (f), Royalanna (f), Daegon (m), Regale (f), Catma (f), Zenatrix (m), Xantrix (m), Ozmar (m), Ohmmaxi (f), Bryn (m), Romsoon (m), Kalidorf (m), Kaelar (m), Mhorfinn (m), Doldorf (m), Visla (f), Larkham (m) and Gaylord (m).

Last Name: Skylite, Thrall, Ravenhelm, Truewind, Finewood, Freehold, Darkfae, Thrulson, Balgorson, Oakwood, Claymore, Hierofate, Wulfson, Redeemable, Philosophor, Shadowone, Maximan, Boatman, Greenwood, Gnollbane, Darkoak, Thanelaw, Wolfkin, Waterfall, Dawnlite, Foghold, Northwind, Truelight, Blackstorm, Lynnwood, Rosewood, Ambergate, Castinton, Blessinham, Demongate and Blackbridge.
  • Options
    deeljaydeeljay Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I like the sheer number of resources for names listed; one that I used for decades to find original names is license plates. If you're anywhere near an area with lots of traffic, taking the letters from a license plate and adding a few until you get something both pronounceable and evocative can be productive.

Psorseo, Corris, Pahzir and Hexel are possible examples.