test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guides Page Update

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
Greetings Adventurers!

Over the next few weeks we will be updating the Neverwinter Guides Page. The initial focus will be on bringing the most pressing information up to date, namely classes. As part of a longer term project, we will be revamping the other areas of the Guides Page and I would love your input on what you feel is the most important information for a potential or new player to have at their disposal. Please keep in mind that the Guides page is meant to be a broad overview and is not intended to replace in-depth theorycrafting, build discussions, or specific fight mechanics.

If you have ideas or feedback for the Guides Page, please leave a comment!

Comments

• Options
    ron#1747 ron Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    builds will be great for new players!! i have a very good nuild on my main (paladin) with pre and post mod 16 versions that i would love to share with other players! also, lists of the ways to obtain currencies like astral diamonds or refinement points, and guides of the mechanics of various queues will help a lot of new players!!!
  • Options
    spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    So this ia all about beginners guides, am i right?

Spidey
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    This is a really great idea with the new mod changing pretty much everything with regard character builds. We all are going to be new when undermountain goes live. All the old character guides will just invoke memories of what once was and will never be again. And even the content guides can be gone through and seen if still relevant.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer

So this ia all about beginners guides, am i right?

Spidey

The focus of the Guides page is for prospective and new players since there's a chunk of learning that happens once you're in the game itself :)
  • Options
    arod7932arod7932 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    I think the section on Story & Characters could benefit from a small update. Namely listing off some of the later characters and perhaps even some dungeon bosses as well like Strahd so new players get excited to see what they have in store for them if they stick with the game. Even if you guys just put in a silhouette with a question mark and a brief description next to the portrait if you don't want to reveal certain characters (like undead Celeste or lich Makos, for example. A description like "An old friend that has found new life in the Jungle").