test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Return Armor Pen to Eldritch?

cabar1cabar1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 124 Arc User
How about allowing the Eldritch Runestone to give Armor Pen again? That way all of them I have refined will have a purpose other than filling inventory slots. Or, give us the option to trade for a different Runestone?
I can keep the training runestones? They still have a purpose? WHY the distinction?
Thank You for allowing me to vent another frustration!!!!!
99 lines of code on the wall, 99 lines of code, add one line, compile it again....... 113 lines on code on the wall
113 lines of code on the wall, 113 lines of code, rewrite one line, compile it again.......
Wait For It

Comments

• Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    You can exchange your Eldritch runestones for Bonding Runestones of equal rank.
  • Options
    Know that, duh. What good are bonding stones that are not needed?
    99 lines of code on the wall, 99 lines of code, add one line, compile it again....... 113 lines on code on the wall
    113 lines of code on the wall, 113 lines of code, rewrite one line, compile it again.......
    Wait For It
  • Options
    cabar1 said:

Know that, duh. What good are bonding stones that are not needed?

Sell them on the AH for AD greater than the purchase price of competitive runestones.

More to the point, once Mod 16 launches (if they haven't implemented it yet) you'll be able to trade enchants for runestones, since anyone who had enchants in their companion gear will now have to slot runestones into their companion gear. So, unless you've been running around without enchants in your companion gear this whole time, you'll already have all the runestones you need. There's no value in Eldritch Runestones being a thing; they were used for people who didn't use bondings, and the people who didn't use bondings were the people who used Augments, and there's no reason to have eldritches be different from augments.
  • Options
    At my first pass at Preview, you could still slot Eldritch (with the Live effects). Since the second path they became available to trade for bondings only. I also was unable to trade any enchants for runestones.

I do think why no eldritch at all now though: Coding will not have to look at El(dritch) vs Em(powered); less letters for their translator to see.
    Wait For It
  • Options
    cabar1 said:

At my first pass at Preview, you could still slot Eldritch (with the Live effects). Since the second path they became available to trade for bondings only. I also was unable to trade any enchants for runestones.

I do think why no eldritch at all now though: Coding will not have to look at El(dritch) vs Em(powered); less letters for their translator to see.

The Enchant to Runestone trade hasn't been implemented yet, last I checked.

Eldritches were removed because they were redundant; Bonding runestones now work with augments, so Eldritch runestones are just swapped out for Bondings.
  • Options
    new patch just now. Fixed , can exchange for runestones, and Arcane Rune gives AP.

Or, maybe I overlooked before; very possible with only 2 functioning brain cells left!
    Wait For It
  • Options
    cabar1 said:

new patch just now. Fixed , can exchange for runestones, and Arcane Rune gives AP.

Or, maybe I overlooked before; very possible with only 2 functioning brain cells left!

I think it did in fact change a buncha stuff. Not sure. No worries either way.