test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

April 23rd - Undermountain release

silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
Reddit has the video but, did I miss the news post here?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/b66088/mod_16_undermountain_comes_to_pc_april_23rd_2019/

Just curious.
I aim to misbehave

Comments

• Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    To be brutally honest, I couldn't bring myself to watch more than a few seconds of the video. I guess every level cap increase will come bundled with an obligatory screw-job. That's how I truly feel.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Well, we knew it would be the 23rd.

It was pretty much confirmed here:

Also, the 9th is too soon, the 16th is in the middle of an event, so I (and others) have been predicting the 23rd.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    "... The Great Weapon Fighter is now known as the Barbarian to better reflect the Dungeons & Dragons that we all know and love", but the stats that your characters will want are largely alien to what you would want in the Dungeons & Dragons that we all know and love.
  • Options
    award9award9 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I saw the date earlier on Facebook in the vlog post. I figure that should be important enough to go in the news & announcements subforum.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    Well, i'm not sure what to make of the new module pack they're trying to sell for 15k ZEN... with all the changes brought into the game with Undermountain, that's not an investment i'm going to make before the new module is being released.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    krumple01 said:

The final boss fight is player vs cryptic. You are 100% debuffed and well your stats are zeroed out. Odd I know but can you take on the ultimate evil or will you perish?

the first step is not buying silly over priced and pointless pack. that debuffs the beast by 50%
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    who ever priced 15,000 zen mark off 20,000 zen? that way over the top greedy, it just pixels, doesnt worth more than 4,000 zens
    sound like extremely desperate needed for cash? business dying?
    in past, most online game that release 'expansions' cost no more than standard 40 dollars, 20 extra for elite packages, but 200 dollars just for pixels? you guys are worst than Harkonnens from Dune series, when Baron said "Squeeze and squeeze it all".
    most players dont like being in corners. i see robbery. poor wallet whales.
    oh speaking of Dune, here we go, riding the worm.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Yea, the pack is really bad value. I mean, if the mount was account-wide, and if the campaign required grinding a currency and the companion gave you a bonus there, so you could finish it a week before everyone else, then maybe...just maybe.

As it is, nah, I'll pass....
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    award9 said:

I saw the date earlier on Facebook in the vlog post. I figure that should be important enough to go in the news & announcements subforum.

What?!? That would mean Cryptic is actually COMMUNICATING WITH ITS CUSTOMERS! And we all know that can't happen!
  • Options
    prethenprethen Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    I gotta wonder who looks at that pack of pixels and then throws down $150 for it. I don't mind the prospect of giving the gamemakers some coin back for their efforts, but I want to actually get some bang for the buck.
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    Either the Cryptic product/market people know something we don't, or they typed a 0 too much in the price of that pack :)
  • Options
    krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User

Either the Cryptic product/market people know something we don't, or they typed a 0 too much in the price of that pack :)

I think one factor is the recent Chultan Tiger issue, where a lot of players paid for it and it was not cheap and is still not cheap. Players would even buy it to sell for AD on the AH and players were willing to trade a lot of AD for the tiger. But the issue players see now is that all that money spent on the tiger has been diminished making the tiger far less valuable in mod 16. Gong off this premise a player is disincentive not to make any big purchases if the value of the items in the pack are uncertain. Mod 16 is forcing this uncertainty so they aren't going to buy this pack.

• Options
    fede#6678 fede Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Guys you dont need expend 150 real dollars to buy the pack, you can buy it for exchanging your AD to zen.
  • Options
    agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    Well you can't get it from ZAX before the release of M16 if you put your AD for Zen now...
    The point is more that the total value of what's inside the pack doesn't equal 15k Zen, let alone 20k, far from it it's ridiculous.
  • Options
    ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    krumple01 said:

I think one factor is the recent Chultan Tiger issue, where a lot of players paid for it and it was not cheap and is still not cheap. Players would even buy it to sell for AD on the AH and players were willing to trade a lot of AD for the tiger. But the issue players see now is that all that money spent on the tiger has been diminished making the tiger far less valuable in mod 16. Gong off this premise a player is disincentive not to make any big purchases if the value of the items in the pack are uncertain. Mod 16 is forcing this uncertainty so they aren't going to buy this pack.

I don't understand why players are not grasping the concept. MOD 16 devalues all spending LTD (life to date). Under those circumstances why would anyone spend anything on anything?
  • Options
    bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    Kind of funny, been telling people in guild that mod 16 would release late April. The reason? No events for 2 weeks on the calendar, but events after that and before. Kind of sloppy if they were trying to hide release date.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User

Kind of funny, been telling people in guild that mod 16 would release late April. The reason? No events for 2 weeks on the calendar, but events after that and before. Kind of sloppy if they were trying to hide release date.

They just don't want to commit a release date. That may be the date they push for but by not announcing it officially, they have option if things go south ... and pass south pole.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    draugkirdraugkir Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited March 2019

krumple01 said:

The final boss fight is player vs cryptic. You are 100% debuffed and well your stats are zeroed out. Odd I know but can you take on the ultimate evil or will you perish?

the first step is not buying silly over priced and pointless pack. that debuffs the beast by 50%
    Hehe Yerr.
    2nd would be to avoid feeding the beast too much so the beast learns to behave properly,
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    The pack is one of the most ridicolous things they have ever done.. period.

Just what the heck..

Its so worthless compared to all the original packs.. heck back then they would drop in 100k ad (nothing to sneeze at in the early days of the game. And they were all account wide mounts, skins, and such.

For that price point, it should come with another bag, a unlocked metallic dragonborn , a race reroll, a character slot and account wide mounts.

just who the heck are they think they are.

This game company has jumped the shark.. erm.. worm, or whatever context you want to use.

Many a discussion online lately has been.. "we are done" spending money here, because if you cant even trust that a zen only comp released just a couple months ago can be nerfed to uselessness, why would you ever trust them again on anything?

and while, many of the arguments against mod 16.. are ridicolous, most other games, keep thier cash store purchases out of stuff (unless you know bugged)

Since they didnt.. what is the point of buying any of it again?

I like many, are done spending money here.. but I probably wont play after mod 16 drops anyways.. not that I hate everything they did, I dont .. just feeling burnt out again,, they really should relook at all old campaigns and reduce them 50% .. they got to many that takes too long.

Beleive it or not, I dont really believe most players are that keen to log in to run the same quests 35 days in a row ..

• Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User

New mods usually come after a 2x XP and that gap was set just after one and before a old zones currency cathup event, was a bit obvious but noone believed on my guild too :s
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Because its not remotely justifiable... you stay out of you =P

• Options
    lordnagy#1603 lordnagy Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    > @thefabricant said:
    > I don't see why people are upset about the pack at all, if anything, its not a cash grab. There is nothing in it that is worth buying and it is overpriced, therefore there is 0 incentive to buy it.

Because after ripping apart the gameplay, destroying feats and completely devaluing all the god damn time spent in accruing boons( the company as a final f*ck you, releases a box like this...pure f*cking garbage.