test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Undermountain Preview Patch Notes: NW.110.20190311b.3

Comments

• drgpsdrgps Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    How about adding in the ability to change our existing mythic artifacts into refinement points, since we are told so many of the new artifacts will replace the existing ones we worked so hard to get. Or fixing the Wizard so it doesn't crash so many times when attacking too many enemies or using spells too quickly in succession. This happened 29 times to me in 2 days. It is ridiculous how many things still need to be fixed.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    masteroga said:

So if companions lose defense shred.....wont everyone use augments?

Considering the stats, yes. However, there are situations where you might want something else - if you are struggling to stay alive while leveling up, a healing or tanking companion might be useful.

Hoping for improvements...
  • ubergrlieubergrlie Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    terramak said:

Release Notes

Wizard (Thaumaturge)

• Cataclysm has been reworked into Fireball.
    Yessss!!!!! woohooo!
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    drrrako said:

Please give me back my 5k zen for two yojimbo! ))))

Not to talk about the animation of that companion, standing still like a statue, dealing hits that fast you can´t even see at all, only ACT is capable to monitor them somehow.
    masteroga said:

So if companions lose defense shred.....wont everyone use augments?

Not as long as Companions out-dps their master in some cases.
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    davidmoki said:

Really, even my tiger became weak? How are you expecting people to be happy about mod 16 if you guys are just nerfing everything to the point where they are no longer useful?

I can't say this with any authority and I am sure they won't admit it, but one major theme I see coming out of M16 is to nerf the hell out of what most serious/long term players use most. Why? I can only assume so we will have to buy new stuff and spend Zen. They really have seemed to go out of there way to make most of our stuff we worked on so hard become pretty much irrelevant in Mod 16.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited March 2019

I firmly agree that a linear Lightning Bolt is a fantastic idea. It would fit D&D more than the existing Sudden Storm, and be more interesting for the Arcanist Path. My opinion is that Sudden Storm will receive little use in its current state when compared to the other options available. Side note, doesn't the blue dragon have a linear lightning blast already (I'm a new player, so I don't have this all memorized)? If so, it could mimic that in a way?

Yes, also the artifact 'Heart of the Blue Dragon' has a lightning bolt animation.

https://youtu.be/k3cHzyDo6Pg

I think Stormcallers in the Gray Wolf Den also have them?
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    vordayn said:

I firmly agree that a linear Lightning Bolt is a fantastic idea. It would fit D&D more than the existing Sudden Storm, and be more interesting for the Arcanist Path. My opinion is that Sudden Storm will receive little use in its current state when compared to the other options available. Side note, doesn't the blue dragon have a linear lightning blast already (I'm a new player, so I don't have this all memorized)? If so, it could mimic that in a way?

Yes, also the artifact 'Heart of the Blue Dragon' has a lightning bolt animation.

https://youtu.be/k3cHzyDo6Pg

I think Stormcallers in the Gray Wolf Den also have them?
    I feel decidedly greedy for talking about this since Fireball just came out of left field and is actually pretty cool, but I agree: Sudden Storm is lame and should be replaced by an honest-to-god Lightning Bolt while we're at it since there are great animations already in the game.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

edited March 2019
    styley177 said:

Neutering a recently offered zen only companion (Yojimbo) so soon after alot of people bought them is low, if that is the case personally ive just wasted close to 10k zen getting them for my alts, and all it will have done is push me one step closer to walking away.

This, if true has annoyed me probably more than it should.

Edit: just been to preview and confirmed Tiger and Yojimbo now longer have any buffs or debuffs and as such are likely to be pretty much run of the mill companions now, so yes officially i now am *insert whatever word you feel needed here* off. All back to augments or i guess heal/tank pets situationally.

Maybe its time to start looking for a new game, i am a long term player since just after beta, and am as close right now as i have ever been to just removing game and takeing a long break. For sure i will never again spend real ££ here whatever i do :(

Yes, I didn't think they would remove the debuffs completely either. I thought perhaps the debuffs would have been ported into the active offense powers that you can slot for your companion. This way, nothing is lost in the conversion to Mod 16. Players would still need to purchase these sought-after companions through the AH or Zen market, thus this would not hurt the game's potential income source, nor make players feel that such purchases were wasted.

I think perhaps this would be a fairer way of doing it @terramak. Say provide the debuffs, but make it in-line with other debuffs and not necessarily stronger than Class debuffs. For example, the Mod 16 Wizard has Swathe which only increases debuffs by 2% (plus has the added smolder damage effect), so perhaps limiting the debuff of the Tiger or Yojimbo to 2% at Epic (and 2.5% at Legendary) would be a good place to start. The debuffs should only probably be available to those which were purchased through the Zen store, rather than also giving the debuffs to the Con Artist or Sellsword, for example, in order to still maintain the attractiveness of the premium level companions.

Because it would also take up an offense slot, it would also need to be weighed with the other powers foregone, so a player would have to make a measured decision whether to use it, and it would not automatically be best-in-slot for every player, thus still opening up the field for other companions to be chosen. Also, one should keep both effects (the debuff or power/movement increase for the Tiger for example) slottable so the uniqueness of the companions are not lost, but each effect would individually consume one offense slot.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
    edited March 2019
    bobo#5090 said:

So what i'm hearing here is that weekend warriors like myself will continue to be so far behind the curve of the neewest stuff because of how long it takes to get something, that we need to change our mantallity to play to win? I thought this was supposed to be free to play(up to and including the end game)?

I'm not sure if this was in reply to me or to another comment, or to @terramak.

I think the purpose of converting from Mod 15 to 16 is to not lose customers. When a purchase has been made (either through Zen or grinding for AD to buy on the AH), it shouldn't be invalidated within a few months. However, I do also think providing the 10% debuff as it is on live would be too powerful for Mod 16, but applying the *option* to slot a debuff (at a value in line with Mod 16) for another offense power would give the player that purchased the item a choice to still use the debuff at the expense of a slottable power. The difference then should not be too great.
  • alfalolzalfalolz Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    bobo#5090 said:

So what i'm hearing here is that weekend warriors like myself will continue to be so far behind the curve of the neewest stuff because of how long it takes to get something, that we need to change our mantallity to play to win? I thought this was supposed to be free to play(up to and including the end game)?

You are wrong, if you decided to play Free to Play game, you have to prepare yourself to pay loads and loads to win =)
  • drgpsdrgps Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Again, this is becoming similar to Mod6. Too many problems that need to be fixed. Too many things being pushed into the game at once. Unrealistically stating that a huge percentage of the players are for this push. However, with such a large population now, as compared to then, it is easy to see a large double-digit percentage of us who are just going to walk away instead of going through gamer hell again. This was not pushed properly. It should have been incremental instead of trying to overwhelm the players with so many things at once. In the end, no matter how much I have put into this game, if they cross my breaking threshold, I am just going to find a non-Cryptic competitor game and play it instead. The real question I have now is if they are going to remove all of the negative comments again or are they going to actually listen to their player base this time.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,090 Arc User
    Seems to me that would depend entirely how the negative comments are made. If it is done as constructive criticism it would have better chance of being read and commented on, whereas blindly raging at the [insert your favorite insult] devs mostly like would get caught by the moderators, who would then do their moderating job on it.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • romromeroromromero Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    lowjohn said:

terramak said:

Weathered Mithral Crucibles now exchange for reasonable amounts of Asset Exchange Credit.
    Is there a way for us players who exchanged this early on to get credit for the "new" exchange rate? It is not fair that those who kept them get more because this issue was relayed to you many moons ago even before mod 15 launched.

Please make this change to be fair to everyone.
  • agamemnon#7853 agamemnon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Give a new steering wheel, better than before. Hey, you, companions of the great Barbarian, aside, it is I, a great and mighty barbarian, went into the dange. Tremble enemies, and you do not get confused under your feet, "to the north and the mountains" deficiencies !!!
  • fenrir4lifefenrir4life Member Posts: 295 Arc User

davidmoki said:

Really, even my tiger became weak? How are you expecting people to be happy about mod 16 if you guys are just nerfing everything to the point where they are no longer useful?

I can't say this with any authority and I am sure they won't admit it, but one major theme I see coming out of M16 is to nerf the hell out of what most serious/long term players use most. Why? I can only assume so we will have to buy new stuff and spend Zen. They really have seemed to go out of there way to make most of our stuff we worked on so hard become pretty much irrelevant in Mod 16.
    It actually kinda makes sense- they're trying to mitigate the minmaxer BiS mentality, while also simplifying the equations going on in combat (how many layers of debuffs, in what order, etc) that were getting so out of hand.

I mean, it's pretty standard practice in MMO's- if one or two things are getting 90% usage rate, in as wide a field as companion selection, you nerf them into line. If one or two things are never used by serious players, you buff them into line.

Now, if you want to argue that it's a low blow given how absurdly expensive zen store companions are, you'd find me 100% in agreement, but my solution to that would be to lower the prices (and maybe even offer a little credit to current owners) of companions pretty much across the board, or to offer lower, character-bound pricing, and make the current prices account unlocks.
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    @asterdahl @terramak
    Apologies if this was confirmed elsewhere in the forum and I didn't see it.
    But was there a preview patch today as previously suggested?
    If so, notes would be greatly appreciated.
    I plan to play preview much of the weekend, give every effort to making it work and giving constructive feedback.
    Cheers.

Took
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • bayaz#7892 bayaz Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    I am not 100% sure, but afaik the preview patch should/will happen in the next 1-3 hours. Every time i payed attention to the patch was in that timeframe.

Patch notes usually come in the next few hours. The patch happens for me between 1-3 AM, right before i go to sleep, and the notes are usuall there, when i wake up
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    You can exchange seals of the brave for seals of the crown at a 1:1 ratio, typically the weekly cap goes away when it's no longer the top tier of seals.
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    bobo#5090 said:

I noticed that seals of the crown are the only seals you can now exchange for rad? So what do we do with seals of the brave? Or will they be obsoleted, like Protector was? I still think 400 weekly cap on Seals of crown is assinine...

You can trade seals of brave 1/1 in P.Enclave and the sseals ofcrown can be trade for RAw ad now but is 300seals =1000rawad
    that big nerf ...
  • kaudilhokaudilho Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    deleted
    Harding Grim
    Guild:
    Dragon Server-Essence of Aggression
    Drider Server- TheWolves
    youtube channel
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    New patch is up, notes?
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    I do not wish to be rude but if people are to test stuff on preview and you do have patches why is it so hard to patch them so people know what to test ??

Seriously it can not be such a hard work it would be prudent to give all testers the information what to test at least instead of making it twice as hard due to guesswork .......

Best
  • ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    marnival said:

I do not wish to be rude but if people are to test stuff on preview and you do have patches why is it so hard to patch them so people know what to test ??

Seriously it can not be such a hard work it would be prudent to give all testers the information what to test at least instead of making it twice as hard due to guesswork .......

Best

I wish to be rude. Abject failure of management (whoever that might be)!

If they don't take this process seriously, why should we?
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    ragnarz2 said:

marnival said:

Best

I wish to be rude. Abject failure of management (whoever that might be)!

If they don't take this process seriously, why should we?
    The Took is as critical of Cryptic (or more so) then most players.
    And Took agrees: preview notes are absolutely needed for us to test Mod16 effectively.

But The Took tries to be reasonable... (usually fails, but tries).
    @asterdahl and company are working with a skeleton crew.
    Working late nights, responding to comments at 3AM.
    Reasonable to ask for preview patchnotes, but let's try to be polite and patient with them.

Ugh. Did Took just play the "company shill" role? smh
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Yes it is very possible that Terramak was not even in the office on Friday, which could easily explain why the patch notes have not been done.
This discussion has been closed.