test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

tales of old fabled chapter

mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
edited February 2019 in General Discussion (PC)

can you get the artifact belt and cloak in 7 days or you get 1 fabled chapter per event ? i am confused.

Comments

• hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    we went through the dungeon once, no fabled chapter. How do you get it at all?
  • utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    According to the NPC, whenever you collect 135 coins of tales (135 completions), you get a Fabled Chapter and you can only get it once per event.

EDIT: just did a run and realized you get more coins for completing higher difficulty runs, so I removed my incorrect information.
    Post edited by utookmynick on
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User

You can get 2x Fabled Chapter in this event, so you need to earn 270 coins to get this.

Game says you can earn one Fabled Chapter per event.

• cosmin996cosmin996 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Don't struggle with the event. U get 1 chapter/event. Time between events is huge, so it would be a half year to grind for the neck and belt. I ain't taking that. If I knew I could take the neck and belt in one event, fine, I would grind the hell out of it, those are great items. But u can't make me wait half a year (AT LEAST) and tease me like that. I mean...come on. They literally don't even let you grind with this limit. This limit is stupid. Mod 17 gonna pop up until you can get the neck and belt rofl.

Oh and btw, after 1x, most of the chests are bugged and you won't get any trinkets.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    its a 1 per event dont you see the belt and cloack are to powerfull to aquire on a single event? belt leg seems to give +4 on all ability scores and add the neck piece for another +4 + artifact to add another +1 , and seems like we will have different artifact for each different tale dungeon. ^^ hurray.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    arcanjo86 said:

its a 1 per event dont you see the belt and cloack are to powerfull to aquire on a single event? belt leg seems to give +4 on all ability scores and add the neck piece for another +4 + artifact to add another +1 , and seems like we will have different artifact for each different tale dungeon. ^^ hurray.

WHy +4 and not +2?:)
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    due to this event challenge it looks like we will have some good set to a best in slot level rank, maybe they are working on this event to give us a stronger set and by the looks of the cta new event maybe we will have a yearly grind for a bis weapons set, this my speculation, we will have a yearly grind for a good neck+belt+artifact on tales of old and on cta we will grind a for bis weapons set. the +4 neck/+4 belt leg maybe they are trying to remove power share mechanics and bring the healer, tank dps triade back to the game because i miss those days, im looking forward for the day the add tales of old to the k-team menu option after they add mc/elol/vt/ecc/etos/egwd/cn/fbi/msp/tong/cr to tales of old event(devs take your time), theres so much possiblities to motivate playerbase to play this game.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    as far as I can tell you can open the chests once in 5 runs, i´s the same dungeon you run 5 times the chests will be opened once in all those 5 runs, don´t think it´s a bug.
    Interestingly i got a x4 reward and I died 2 times in there and if I am not blind i earned something like 30+"Coins of tales told", in that run I spoke to the tale teller before reentering every time (x5).
    Afterwards I did a run and did not die once, since I was told it´s a better reward... I earned 11 Coins that run, did not talk to that guy before reentering though. Not sure what this means, but i am 100% sure the rewards was 3 times lower, despite the fact I avoided any death, bug I assume?
    Does someone know what the stats look like when you upgrade those artifact belt will it be +2 str, con, dex, int,wis, char, or will it stay like +1 to all those stats?
    Depite all that I think the set of Demon Lord should still be BIS for a striker, as far as it works correctly. I read it does not work with all powers. If you estimate an average +10% dps, those higher stats and ability score should not overcome that old setbonus. So to me it looks like a set for GS-fetischists or buffer.
    Another thing, it binds on pickup, not account wide, I don´t hink that`s a good decision.
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Don't take everything out of the chests and they don't bug. Just leave the trash item at least.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Limit of 45 coins per day by the way.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    that is an event you can give up and skip. wonder why they like to release bugged contents every time.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

arcanjo86 said:

WHy +4 and not +2?:)
    "... Because 11 is one more, innit?"
  • mistermessymistermessy Member Posts: 1 New User
    As a new member to the forums i cannot create a thread so i will add to this one. This event is a farce. It is without doubt the worst content that i have had the bad fortune to experience since i first played the game in 2013. Last night i joined a Pug which looked more than capable of clearing the 5 time grind of this event. 1.5 to 2 hours later we reach the final boss, a dps disconnects, the tank rages and leaves and the remaining dps clear our remaining lives in very quick fashion trying to kill the boss without a tank. All the time i am thinking is there a way out of here so that i can keep what i have earn't? In short i wasted nearly 2 hours of my Sunday evening only to be stitched up by raging children and had nothing to show for it.
    In addition to this am i the only person that can see that this is no longer fun? The same old content churned out again and again and again. To have to farm the same instances every day is one thing, that is a grind but to have to grind the same instance 5 times in one sitting? Really? This may be it for me.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    You can stop after any successful run by leaving the instance after returning to the bard. The more runs you complete, the higher the reward I think the progression is 1, 3, 7, 15, 30. The event is too grindy still ofc.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • hpfireman#6695 hpfireman Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    It's a great event. Good things take time. Speed runs in a hour now. Gives you something to do that's challenging and fun at end game, with nice rewards that you work for. Love it. Good stuff Maynard.
  • rocketabbyrocketabby Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    I have resigned myself to not being about to get even 1 Fabled Chapter. The time toil is too great. While many of my guildies claim that they can get in a PUG group and do a run in 10 minutes - or less - that has not been my experience. To even get the 45 coins for a day's work is just not possible for me. Then there is the unfortunate power glitch that throws a member out of the dungeon, or a person that leaves without explanation, or even a really bad RNG for finding hearts, and my hobby becomes un-fun.
    The runs WERE actually fun the first few times through. Our guild group finished a 5 rounder, and my heart rate almost caused a stroke! Fun yes. Then reality hit, and just thinking about how many times I would have to complete a 4 or 5 round session to make 135 coins made me nauseous.
    Thanks for the fun while it lasted!