What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How to Achieve Higher DPS

2»

Comments

• Options
    xnewyorkhardcorexnewyorkhardcore Member Posts: 141 Arc User

It should be the contrary. You should always mark bosses unless someone else can do this, then you swap Daring Shout for Battle Fury.

This is good both for you (because you have Powerful Challenge feat so you deal +15% damage on Marked targets) and for your party that will receive Combat Advantage against Marked targets.

Does the giant mark the GF puts on boss count?

• Options
    wddwxywddwxy Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    There's two different marks - red X (GF/GWF), and Yellowish X (OP) bane. You should always use daring shout in groups where no one can mark because it will give considerable more dmg over battle fury. I typically use both battle fury and daring shout (no IBS) in full buff no GF teams and easily kill T9 bosses in 10 to 20 seconds. Use daring shout at first , slam daily, soul sight, swarm or trex mount power, battle fury, then sure strike them dead.
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited February 2019

Hmm... Okay. Good tip.

On another note: I use The Executioner's Vambraces for arm slot, which give over 3k power. My standing still damage (no buffs whatsoever) is +189%. When I switch to Fearbringers it drops to +183%. Are Fearbingers still BiS? Does the +3% dmg make up for the -5% dmg loss?

My DC alone will provide you through your companion and yourself over 70K power. This is in addition to the power you have from yourself and if you add a OP to the group. This makes power a secondary stat to arm pen and critical strike due to needing those minimal levels to max out your damage. Since power is a secondary stat when looking at gear you always go for the gear that provides damage bonus.

Heels of Fury, Fearbringers, etc...

Another thing I noticed that many GWF tend to do is not allow daggers to give the buff; many GWF go swinging before the dagger buff is active; this significantly reduces the damage of quite a few GWF I have seen. Make sure you get the buff from daggers, spend time learning when the buff is triggered so you don't waste time waiting for it and it will help you improve your rotation.

Jimbo is another option if you don't like running the tiger though I hear Jimbo is more suicidal than the tiger or other companions.