test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out

Comments

• bobdredds#9435 bobdredds Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Same here, the server is green but i cant log in.
  • antok500#4237 antok500 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    For me the situation has improved. If I wait for the character photos to load at the character selection screen I have a 100% disconnection rate. If I click enter world as soon as the screen allows it I get in about once in every 5 tries so about 20% success rate.
  • dontez1dontez1 Member Posts: 114 Arc User

The game is currently unplayable, due to the following reasons:
    - disconnects ingame, often just after completion of a dungeon: this means that one cannot open the chest(s) and most of the effort is lost
    - disconnects when switching to another character, requiring several attempts simply switch characters
    - disconnects, when the character loads, meaning one has to login until the login server presents the character screen (often several attempts required) and hope that one does not get disconnected again when the game actually loads the character

This has happened occasionally in the past, being a nuisance but not dramatically impacting game play.
    In the past couple of days this has become a massive problem

Trying to get through invoking on just a few characters got me disconnected 5-6 times. Even after putting in password it fails to connect and kicks you before logging in.
  • cosmin996cosmin996 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    Will we ever be able to play normaly again? haha this is still happening. I wonder how we got here? There were no updates, no patch notes, just suddenly this. Anyone has any idea what could cause this?
  • octonionsrule#4355 octonionsrule Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    There could be several reasons, on cryptics side, routing issues (largely outside of Cryptic's control), up to criminals attacking the servers (denial of service attacks or similar), ...

Only Cryptic will have a fairly good idea, what the source of the problem is. But they will not tell us (which is very understandable).

We can only hope that they will get things running soon.
  • rancidmojo#7824 rancidmojo Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    I had the unable to connect issue several times yesterday, and a few times when I did get in the game would crash ("client not responding"). That happened when I was working in the foundry a few times also. I don't know if it is connected to the connection problem people have been having, but it only started happening after. It was a bit frustrating since it crashed in the middle of an epic dungeon, too.
  • ennileahennileah Member Posts: 145 Arc User

Looked at the forum and saw 127 new posts in this thread...did not even need to read any of the posts to know that this has started happening again and that there will still be nothing official on what is going on...

Well seen as updates are happening on the official Discord as well as here, maybe your not reading previous comments??, and their offices have only just opened this morning too! They are still working on it, its a third party issue which isnt a simple fix
  • ennileahennileah Member Posts: 145 Arc User

Looked at the forum and saw 127 new posts in this thread...did not even need to read any of the posts to know that this has started happening again and that there will still be nothing official on what is going on...

Read the comments next time lol, the updates are here!!!!!
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Patch is done, still happening :( Got in to character select, unable to load a character.
  • susanna#6357 susanna Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    gripnir78 said:

Same here.

From my observation it works like this - no issue unless you really go afk. If you do so system seems not to recognize you are back and is logging you of even if you active. There is however a system info that you are no longer marked asaway from keyboard but it seems not to reset timer. It works like that in a single play only, and not every time. While in party there is no issue at all.

this is absolutely hilarious I was in an RAQ running SPM and we were getting ready to fight the last boss. I had just stopped running for a second and I was disconnected. I was still talking to my friend on discord who was in the dungeon with me and he said others started to disconnect to then he was the last to disconnect. DID WE CHOOSE TO NOT FINISH OUR RANDOM DUNGEON BECAUSE WE THOUGHT IT WOULD BE FUN?? NO. WE WERE KICKED OFF THE SERVER, AND FOR WHAT REASON?? MAYBE IT'S BECAUSE THE DEVS CANNOT FIX ANYTHING
  • dreadulusdreadulus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 40 Arc User
    From the launcher, under options. Check on safe mode, and on demand patching. It will load in a small window, resize it and you can play. If you changed character, it may kick you again.

This is an attack. Not a broken game. The devs are not equipped to deal with something like this, and need to hire a firm that specializes in this sort of thing.

I have been able to play, since last night using those options.
    Again, this is not something the devs can "fix". When they banned the bots, and implemented counter measures, they attacked the game for 3 days straight. This is exactly what we as players experienced.
    Anyone still not able to login using safe mode?
    This thread keeps getting bumped with useless posts. Guess the people doing the attack, don't want anyone to see this.
    Ill keep posting, to keep it on front page I guess. sry if this looks like spam, but if this is not on front page, people will look forever.
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    Yep, the problem persists. Although this time I can get as far as the character select screen which then times out trying to load character information. I get this on STO, too.

Yep, the problem persists. Although this time I can get as far as the character select screen which then times out trying to load character information. I get this on STO, too.

Under options in the launcher, click safe mode, and on demand patching. You will be able to play, Just resize the window, once in.
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    yes I can Login but get kicked after I pick a Char
    edited February 2019
    They are now stepping up the attack, as even safe mode is now kicking. Patience, the immature doing this attack, will all be caught, and banned. If they hired a firm, they will trace them all.
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    dreadulus said:

Under options in the launcher, click safe mode, and on demand patching. You will be able to play, Just resize the window, once in.
    That worked, thanks.
  • ichorbladeichorblade Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    *sigh*
    This happened when the bots were taking over the game. Devs did a good job cleaning them out, but the bots retaliated with a ddos attack for 3 days. This is exactly what it looked like back then, so I am just using previous experience to determine this. The fact it is ongoing, tells me it is not something the devs did. If it was, they would just reset and remove any changes they made.
  • prinssess34prinssess34 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    well well disconnected from characters page again.When they gonna fix this bug :(
    Many are having problems login in to the game. This is a problem with the login server. The devs patches, can all be reversed. If it was something they did, they would have reset the server back to the day prior.

A ddos attack on the server, is what this looks like. We experienced the same thing, when they implemented bot counter measures.

It took 3 days, to stabilize the server back then. We are on day 2 now, and since no fix was put it, it is not something they can repair.

A firm that specializes in this type of attack, would be more than capable of eliminating the people doing this attack. If a firm has been hired, they will trace the individuals, and charges may be laid. Criminal activity on an enterprise server, comes with severe fines.

Some people don't want neverwinter to succeed.
  • vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    I just conected to the game after the patch and for now is working normally, i hope it continues like this lol

well well disconnected from characters page again.When they gonna fix this bug :(

not a bug, its a ddos attack. Use safe mode from options, and it will load you in. Resize the window once in. If you change character, it may kick you.
    If you can get in game, take a look at who is in game, saying they have no issues. Those are the ones doing the attack. I am atm, gathering handles of people standing still in PE to report to the devs. If you are a ddos attacker, your char will not move, as you are using your connection, and the server address to attack.
    Once they look at the handles I send, they will know which are using one connection, which are ddos. If you are just a regular player, nothing will come from it.
This discussion has been closed.