test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out

Comments

• Options
    runningbird67runningbird67 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Well at least they know we can't get in to the game.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    Tazz, you forget, some players has multiple characters just to get that festival tokens need, they lose a day if devs dont extend for few extra days for downtimes, many hate to come up short by 1 day and wait for next year, but all that rewards will be changed. players felt cheated by downtimes and devs' errors.
  • Options
    grumpyowl#1151 grumpyowl Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Yep... missing out on my VIP key today. This would've been the legendary mount most likely...
  • Options
    stop buying cheap hamsters at flea market, those you bought are rip off fake knock offs. start building a hamster farm with best enchanted breeds and rotate like baseball's bullpen.
  • Options
    duclisduclis Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    wylonus said:

stop buying cheap hamsters at flea market, those you bought are rip off fake knock offs. start building a hamster farm with best enchanted breeds and rotate like baseball's bullpen.

That Amstrad game sucked, also do they even know french?
  • Options
    finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    After a couple of times getting a timeout error, I now get an invalid user/password error..

Think players should abandon Neverwinter for a month or so, and see how fast it is fixed..
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    I was in game. Got kicked out. Login, timeout, login, timeout.
    Exit the program completely.
    Run the program.
    The launder updated.
    The launder started.
    Login.
    I am in game.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    @wylonus I totally understand and agree with extending the event itself because of the login issues today, even if it's just for 1 day, it was the crying for compensation for losing their keys that I was referring to.

Every time something happens that there is emergency/extended maintenance and people can't get in during their chosen time of day to log in, there are always a bunch of people that start demanding "compensation" for what they paid for and aren't able to get, it's not like this game goes down for days or weeks like others I've played have done, and as I pointed out they're not really losing that much real money (33 cents in this case) for 1 day of not getting in when they "want" to, the game wasn't down for 24 hrs, all you have to do (if the VIP key is that important to you) is adjust your time to quickly login, get your key and move on, play tomorrow or let it go.

As far as I'm concerned......if it's makes you that angry that you lost 33 cents of product because an unforeseen thing happened (which will ALWAYS happen due to various reasons in any online type of product) then maybe you shouldn't be playing an MMO and would be better off playing an offline console game. Otherwise the constant demands for compensation get old, especially in my opinion since I've been in this game since Mod 2 and have seen it in others as well. Have a great night or day (wherever you may be from @wylonus), I hope you now understand why I typed what I did earlier.....maybe we'll get lucky and have an extra day for the event, I too, needed the time but decided to finish only 2 of my characters tonight ;)
  • Options
    not that angry. just concern about missing a day for CTA or festivals for my alts.
  • Options
    nwncaspernwncasper Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out. AGAIN!!! i waited 2 hours yesterday to log in and now the same issue!!!
  • Options
    joshrandhalljoshrandhall Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    3:27am (CST) - can't log in again!
  • Options
    Same here. After many many tries it sometimes works, but changing character may just kick me to the login screen again.
  • Options
    mistwalk3rmistwalk3r Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Having the same issue here, same as 12 hours ago. Kind of stunned that it's still broken, and the worst part is the Server Status is mockingly GREEN in the launcher.
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    Haven't tried Neverwinter today but Star Trek Online is also down again. So it's a more serious issue than all that since it keeps happening and it's across several games.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    One more day added onto New Years so people who thought they had today to finish up earning their baby boar might be nice.

Most of my characters got the adorable little thing tonight as the game has been functional from about 11 pm till 1:20 AM (couple yesterday). I thought it was fixed so I went about business as usual this evening/morning... But alas after working for a couple hours, the game has denied me access again like earlier in the afternoon when it was constantly bonkers. So 1:27 pst, I've had the biscuit. I'm going to bed... and dreaming of baby boars hopefully tomorrow. :)

Missing final invokes on several characters but that's livable. I got my key and green bags.
  • Options
    cosmin996cosmin996 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    IT IS BACK HAHAHAHA, it's like that crazy ex you can't get rid of
  • Options
    teflondon#9816 teflondon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Still crashing...fix this
  • Options
    allybell123allybell123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    Down again in uk. Some info on a fix or time would be nice then we know what is going on wasting time trying to log in can be frustrating
  • Options
    adrian2188adrian2188 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    yup its back, this sucks im one daily quest away from getting the companion from the festival event. if i miss it because of this hopefully they will give me it if i send in a ticket
    Stuff
  • Options
    prinssess34prinssess34 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Well well kicked out again from server and unable to authenticate.
  • Options
    kaptinjack#1626 kaptinjack Member Posts: 5 Arc User

Am getting the Unable to authenticate error when launching game today yet server status shows green.

Was so happy I got in for about 30 seconds and then above message showed up again today on the 7th Feb. I honestly thought it might of been fixed as it happened yesterday afternoon.

• Options
    slesreth#2147 slesreth Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Launcher just launched:

After First login attempt:

After Second login attempt:

What is going on?
  • Options
    friartukfriartuk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    Same symptoms as yesterdat :(
  • Options
    kowal123234345kowal123234345 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    i have nonstop disconect fckin idiot's on codg on cr craptic idiot's
    Post edited by kowal123234345 on
  • Options
    ducksgutsducksguts Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Same here yesterday evening and now (07/02-10.50 morning CEST)
  • Options
    antok500#4237 antok500 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    still can not log in here either
This discussion has been closed.