test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out

Comments

• dreadulusdreadulus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 40 Arc User
    The attack is to anger the player base, if it is an attack. If you played during the height of the game population, we had a huge issue with bots. They implemented many measures, in response they attacked the login server.

I am only speculating, as I am not employed by cryptic in any capacity to verify. Just going on past experience. Let's just hope this isn't another Caturday. Server went down Saturday, came back up Thursday... If so, I have some books to read in the meantime.
  • underwmd#4202 underwmd Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Guys, just a suggestion. The server status is showing Green, leading us all to believe that the server is up and functioning....Then after the character selection screen, we are disconnected.

If you would set the server status to red until everything was OK, your server wouldn't be taking as many login hits.
  • alansweetalansweet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 47 Arc User
    Got in. Was able to go to PE. Workshop. and change to main toon…..awwwwwwwwwww,,, can locate map... good bye and kicked off... sigh.... making progress guys... may be the next shift will be able to find the defect(s),,,, BTW; there is a new technology stragtegy its called Testing... You might try it.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    wylonus said:

i am with Adrian, log on, and select character, "boom" redirect and disconnected.

Same thing I was getting. Guess I really didn't want to be in Neverwinter today.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Also, your Trainer pack page thingy? The "Get Unique Code" button doesn't work on Firefox, Chrome or Microsoft Edge. Do you guys even internet??! lol o.O Good grief...
  • ichorbladeichorblade Member Posts: 40 Arc User

Also, your Trainer pack page thingy? The "Get Unique Code" button doesn't work on Firefox, Chrome or Microsoft Edge. Do you guys even internet??! lol o.O Good grief...

same issue here as well
  • grumpyowl#1151 grumpyowl Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    It is across the board. Star Trek Online and Champions are also effected.
  • zebulondaktoidzebulondaktoid Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    If I was a cynic and had shares in captcha I would love this. Make everyone spend a few seconds to stop this happening by proving they are human.
  • dreadulusdreadulus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Update 6:15pm. edit Eastern standard time

In game atm. Safe mode, on demand patching selected to get in. Once in game, re adjust to your normal settings. Worked for me, hope this helps.!!

• adrian2188adrian2188 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    It's still broke for me, hopefully its up before reset
    Stuff
  • wemerywemery Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    still broke
    Seriously Cryptic/Perfect World....the game was back up for 15 mins at approx. 5:15pm CST and has went down again. Set the server status to red until the maintenance to fix your issues has been completed.
  • ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    6:30pm EST still cant get in. safe mode + on-demand patching did not make a difference.
    edited February 2019
    Seriously Cryptic, your QA is horrible. Set the Server Status to Red until the login issue is completely fixed. We had a 15 minute window at 5:15pm CST where we were able to login and then the Hamster in the machine surfaced again.....

Come on!
    Post edited by underwmd#4202 on
  • celeste#4645 celeste Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    If this continues, they need to refund us VIPers. We paid for daily keys and rerolls. Now it lets me in, but not past the character screen.
  • bigmommabird#7542 bigmommabird Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I can't get past the character screen either. I'm not worried about the VIP stuff even though I'm VIP, but I would like to get the festival companion, and I need today's quests to do it.
  • wintermute#0867 wintermute Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    cosmin996 said:

and understand the problem

I would love to understand the problem, has anyone from Cryptic/PWE explained the problem anywhere?

• celeste#4645 celeste Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    (quote removed)

some people have work and families to care for... meaning we can not continue to try and log in all day to get the rewards we paid for; however, if they don't fix this, they can give us what we paid for. That expectation is not only one of "mature" people whom work hard for their money but also an expectation of protections put in place for consumers. Furthermore, mature people people don't tend to attempt to cyber bully others. You don't want a fair return for your lose? Cool. That's your choice; just as us wanting a fair return is our choice.
    Post edited by frozenfirevr on
  • zebulondaktoidzebulondaktoid Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    A little bit of info goes a long way. As end users we are wondering DDoS to non payment of your internet bill. You probably have a million quid worth of free internet advice here if you just give us a snippet!
  • tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    I'm getting it still also tried the site for the "Trainer Pack Loot Bundle!" and the main site for that works but when you press the button to "get the code" the redirect is saying "server not found" so many problems lately......

edit: every attempt lets me get to the "character select" screen but when I double click a character it's the same "unable to authenticate" error, I tried both full screen and minimized with the same result....
  • cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    what an absolute HAMSTER shambles.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    for those crying about the money they are losing because they might not get their VIP key.....you are losing approximately 33 cents (breaking it down... 3 items divided into that 33 cents now brings you down to 11 cents per key, 11 cents for scrolls and 11 cents for dungeon things (I can't remember what they're called now lol)......if you can't get in during your "selected" time schedule to get your 33 cents worth of "paid" items maybe you shouldn't be spending your money here but, instead keep it since 33 cents seems to be pretty important to your life, and allow the devs to fix whatever it is that has happened so we can play again.......have a nice day everyone :)
  • fireflowerxfireflowerx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    bleh. Same as everyone else. A note from the developers would be nice.
  • chefkchefk Member Posts: 4 Arc User

I cant start the game cause i am running MS Server 2016? Why would you limit that?

You want to run a game on a server OS and are shocked they don't allow or support it? /gasp

combine what tazz4now and fireflowerx stated....those are my feelings on this outage. my only criticism is that the the server status should be red throughout an outage until it is completely fixed.
  • markton55markton55 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    The saga continues,,, I am able to get to the character select screen, kind of. The character images never load. When selecting one of the characters to enter the game, I get a "redirecting" message and shortly get kicked back to launcher.
This discussion has been closed.