Options

Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out

Comments

• Options
    intothegrooveintothegroove Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    yeah, cant log in here either
  • Options
    ichorbladeichorblade Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    hmmm after a 3 hour emergency maintenance its not fixed lol good job guys !
  • Options
    zozoagogo#3124 zozoagogo Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Maybe trying to log in is a bonus event in addition to the mortar event? How many tokens do we get per successful login? =)
  • Options
    bigohbigoh Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    It's broken again. Got kicked out about 10 mins ago. Now i get: "Connection to the account server timed out. Please try again later."
  • Options
    toro#4694 toro Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out.
  • Options
    cosmin996cosmin996 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User

You helped them alot with this comment. Bravo sir. Very mature. At least they are trying, alright?
  • Options
    inugurlinugurl Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Any chance at an explanation as to what is going on?
  • Options
    amberkaymamberkaym Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    It happened to me. I was just questing, got sent to log back in, i did and nothing happened. Logged out of game, tried to log back in, got same message
  • Options
    dreadulusdreadulus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 40 Arc User
    It will, but unfortunately they will attempt to reconnect as soon as the server is up again. DDoS are difficult to trace because they typically come from many, many (usually unwitting) sources.

Yup it is hard, but only way to find out where the problem is coming from. IT should be able to restrict access from the major area that is attacking. Depends on the experience of the IT team has with these situations.

Reason I say its ddos, server is timing out, without even connecting. Whoever is doing this, they have more than a home pc on this. This is not the normal attack, from multiple users. Let's see what IT comes up with I guess, maybe they are at fault, who knows.
  • Options
    deathklaat666deathklaat666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 61 Arc User
    Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out
  • Options
    dragonchildg#7047 dragonchildg Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    not able to authenticate as well seems this has been a issue all day, since maintenance please fix this issue would like to play some!
  • Options
    adrian2188adrian2188 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Getting a new one now, was able to log in and when i chose a character it says "redirecting, please wait" then get returned to login
    Stuff
  • Options
    dragonsbloodsdragonsbloods Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    got back in, AND changed characters, is this just a lucky blip or ... worth trying anyway
  • Options
    ichorbladeichorblade Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    cosmin996 said:

You helped them alot with this comment. Bravo sir. Very mature. At least they are trying, alright?
    after a 3 hour emergency maintenance they should have fixed it. so another words. mind ya business. wasnt talking to you
  • Options
    jadeidajadeida Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Is some official report from the provider ?
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User

after a 3 hour emergency maintenance they should have fixed it. so another words. mind ya business. wasnt talking to you

I don't recall ever seeing the people you are talking to show up on the forums.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    kittybelle#3734 kittybelle Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Tentatively got logged in and characters retrieved - going to try playing. Wish me luck!
  • Options
    vroknarvroknar Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited February 2019
    I started having this issue at 3:30 cst and at 4:08 cst it seems to have sorted itself out. Working now.
  • Options
    underwmd#4202 underwmd Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Now I get authenticated in, the Character choice screen pops up. After I select a character I get kicked off with Unable to connec t to the Account Server
  • Options
    artemida123artemida123 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Central Europe here. Got kicked 5 mins ago and can't log in back.
  • Options
    susanna#6357 susanna Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    It was 1645 EST and I and four other people were at the last boss of Spellplague master and we were going to have no problem killing it (Nostura) BUT THEN, I was disconnected from server just out of the blue then someone else and someone else, until no one was left. Having this issue worked on for three hours today you think they ( the devs) would have fixed it. ALL I want is my rewards for the dungeon, both chests since it was NOT my Fault the devs don't know how to fix their messes. PLUS other games give compensations for upgrades and maintenence this game never has ... are they too good to be nice to their players that give them money???
  • Options
    sinneblomsinneblom Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Can't log in.. i was in stronghold waiting for my friend who had log in problems and i got disconnected also..when i log in i come to my char select screen but the chars don't appear only a load circle..i thougt they fixed it with the repair maintenance earlyer today..europe here
  • Options
    bump#4754 bump Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Now can log in, but, get kicked when picking a character! I guess that is progress!
  • Options
    I also got into character screen now, but it will not load in. I was 1/8 of an inch on the bar, and kicked. Seems devs are relieving some of the stress, but not enough
  • Options
    zebulondaktoidzebulondaktoid Member Posts: 87 Arc User

If it would be a DDOS attack, the server would either crash or you would be experience heavy laggs and rubberbanding. That was not the case here. I suspect they changed something with the login servers and this caused a malfunction they cannot fix right now.

Obviously I'm just spitballing here since we have been given so little information concerning the suspected cause of this, but the problem seems to be with authentication, in which case it might have no impact on gameplay. With the proper protocols a server shouldn't crash but, like I said, with so little information forthcoming it isn't exactly obvious what is going on.
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    Support contacted. unable to login.
  • Options
    This also happened, when they implemented gold seller bot restrictions. The gold sellers got together to attack the server. Took them all day to deal with it back then.
This discussion has been closed.