test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out

Comments

• Options
    yyrkoonstyphoonyyrkoonstyphoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 231 Arc User
    Same here, was in then no longer to log in.
  • Options
    zebulondaktoidzebulondaktoid Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    kreatyve said:

Thread reopened as it appears to be happening again. :(

Could you please give more information concerning the suspected cause of this please (eg. unusual network traffic/requests)?
  • Options
    drartwhodentdrartwhodent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 301 Arc User
    Neverwinter launcher is requiring me to manually enter my password, which it usually does not - I presume arc normally forwards it when I click Play in the arc window, but it is not working at the moment.
    I finally got in - ONCE - after several tries, but when I went to change to a different character it timed out without getting to my character list. Since then I have not been able to get in at all. I type my password in the launcher and it waits a moment and then clears the password box and wants me to enter it again. Over and over and over.
    I also am on a rock solid business connection so it is not at my end.
    My playing time at this time of the year is severely limited (I work in a tax office) and not being able to log in is VERY frustrating!
    DON'T
    PANIC!
  • Options
    belgalenbelgalen Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I log in after the maintenance finished, did the SH dailies and log out for a bit. now i can't log in for "Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out"
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    looking like it is still broken
  • Options
    nwncaspernwncasper Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    Can't login since this maintenance. "Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out". Started the client several times. Annoying.
  • Options
    alansweetalansweet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 47 Arc User
    I was logged on and playing. I was in guild stronghold. Booted off for some reason. The I could not log back in same reason as above.
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    it happened to me when I tried to switch chars
  • Options
    valesiavalesia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    Unable to connect to account server.. again
  • Options
    valesiavalesia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    its back!
  • Options
    maczero24maczero24 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    still unable to log in....
  • Options
    nofuture4u3nofuture4u3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    i must say, the maintenance really 'worked' I had no problems with the game till the after the maintenance the launcher decided to update itself... GOOD JOB
  • Options
    viecis#4389 viecis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Having same issue "Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out" trying to sign in from N. America.
  • Options
    daifol#3719 daifol Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same problem in Wales, UK. :( Hope they are able to fix this quickly.
  • Options
    joshrandhalljoshrandhall Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Joining the crowd here....

Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out

Oh well :(
  • Options
    nl54#3191 nl54 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    I'm getting it too.
    Ninurta - 16.1k Half-Orc GWF

Ereshkigal - 12k Tiefling SW

Aurora Ravensong - 11.6k Drow CW
  • Options
    catalistscatalists Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Dont connect to account server meh
  • Options
    Charlotte, NC Unable to Authenticate Error as well. Can you PLEASE post an ETA on the fix, guys? What's the use of having the forums if someone in the company isn't going to interact with the users?!
  • Options
    bengus2bengus2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Having issues today keeps telling me unable to connect to sever timed out
  • Options
    scarface#7206 scarface Member Posts: 1 New User
    Unable to connect to account server.. please help!
  • Options
    lost87#8541 lost87 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I was logged on (Olahoma) and accepted my first VIP bag, when to accept the second and an error screen popped up saying "We were not able to transfer the special promotional items into your inventory. Make sure your inventory is not full and try again. File a bug report if the failure persists." Inventory is not full, so I restarted my game and launcher to try again, and now I cannot log in. I get the "Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out." message too.
  • Options
    nl54#3191 nl54 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    West Virginia here. Same HAMSTER. How freakin' annoying.
    Ninurta - 16.1k Half-Orc GWF

Ereshkigal - 12k Tiefling SW

Aurora Ravensong - 11.6k Drow CW
  • Options
    cosmin996cosmin996 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    yup, here too, can the devs give more details please? we are curious
  • Options
    dameon2kdameon2k Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    So about 25 minutes ago I logged in for the first time today. I was able to invoke all my characters no problem. When I went back through to invoke again after 15 minutes I was disconnected with the same message everyone is getting. So I tried several times and have been able to log back in twice. However when switching characters I get disconnected again. This makes me believe the exact problem lies with your authentication server. For some reason, it isn't allowing us a solid connection so it can't authenticate our credentials. I am willing to bet the exact issue is with the server. I'm assuming you use a third-party to authenticate for security purposes? Maybe you need to contact the company that hosts your authentication servers and see if they are having an issue. It seems to me if you get in and stay on one character you are less likely to get disconnected unless your authentication is checked again at some point while playing.
  • Options
    finnyefinnye Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I've got the same problem.
  • Options
    kittybelle#3734 kittybelle Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Same issue here, 16:30 eastern time 2/6/19. Unable to log in. Finally was able to log in, then "retrieving characters" screen timed out and went back to login server failure. Ticket submitted.
  • Options
    It worked now, everyone try and get in, I managed to get back
  • Options
    celeste#4645 celeste Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I too am unable to log in on the launcher. It is giving me a "connection to the account server timed out" notification.
  • Options
    It worked now for me, try and log in, I changed my proxy to none, dunno if that affected anything but now I can play
This discussion has been closed.