test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 15 pvp Archer - The Archer Strikes Back. (Final gear update).

Comments

• jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Shh. You'll hurt his feelings. I'm sure he has many redeeming qualities and doesn't live in a basement surrounded by used tissues and empty pizza boxes at all.
    No idea what my toon is now.
    edited December 2018
    Scores on the doors so far this mod.

Overall, page 4.
    Kills, 6th place on page 1. Eat that Brutal and Luis. Highest kills of any HR.
    Deaths lol, 3rd place on page 1.
    Assists, page 1.
    Matches won, page 1.
    Matches lost, lol, you guessed it, page 1.

Been really enjoying myself recently after the latest gear changes, and the GF fix. My ignore list grows ever longer. Haven't met a toon I can't kill. The pewpew continues.
    Post edited by jonkoca on
    Almost.... almost... 18k ☺.

Another week, another bunch of corpses, a high percentage of them my own. Just went past 3000 kills. Changed eyestalk gloves for terrored grips as my crit is high enough now that more power and arpen is a better choice.
    And.... 18k !!!

3500 kills plus, and I think, 4th place on the LB. More hate mail from GFs, which is always nice. Wondering wether or not to grab a Magic lord chest from the Mysterious Merchant next time he's in town.
    edited January 2019
    Got the magic lord's surcoat, swapped back to eyestalk wraps to cover the crit loss. 260k HP lol. Will be overtaking Godfingerer for kills pretty soon.
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    jonkoca said:

And.... 18k !!!

3500 kills plus, and I think, 4th place on the LB. More hate mail from GFs, which is always nice. Wondering wether or not to grab a Magic lord chest from the Mysterious Merchant next time he's in town.

Mod 15 dropped for us on the Console yesterday... I ended M14 on Page 2 of the Leaderboard but I forgot to screenshot my stats :(

I am only 14k IL though you are miles ahead of me on that... I have not run CoDG or CRL yet lol.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
    edited January 2019
    The boons from Aquisitions are nice, a free rank14 from the campaign too. New shirt and pants from the skirmish manycoins bank. New MW3 weapoms too. Save those codg ampoules to exhalt. Make yourself a buff build and run CR for hat and feet, those two alome go a long way to make up the lost crit from stillness.

Finally buckled under and bought new neck/waist set - bronzewood sash and beaded amulet. Minus 4 dex but a bucket load of offensive stats and the set bonus "alacrity" which gives recovery and runspeed. Super easy to maintain 3 stacks with our 6 encounters. Extra arpen means I can drop 4k arpen off my mount bonus and use 4k movement.

I run really really fast lol.
    jonkoca said:

The boons from Aquisitions are nice, a free rank14 from the campaign too. New shirt and pants from the skirmish manycoins bank. New MW3 weapoms too. Save those codg ampoules to exhalt. Make yourself a buff build and run CR for hat and feet, those two alome go a long way to make up the lost crit from stillness.

Finally buckled under and bought new neck/waist set - bronzewood sash and beaded amulet. Minus 4 dex but a bucket load of offensive stats and the set bonus "alacrity" which gives recovery and runspeed. Super easy to maintain 3 stacks with our 6 encounters. Extra arpen means I can drop 4k arpen off my mount bonus and use 4k movement.

I run really really fast lol.

Sweet.... oooooh ok I will make a buff build and finally run those dungeons soon lol.

As for the Mount Bonus I actually run the Old Flail Snail... 25% AP gain on a Daily so my AP is actually always full, even when players use drains on me I seem to still have loads. Can Disruptive Shot every 6 seconds without fail and Forest Ghost when its off cooldown :)
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
    Nice, btw. having arpen crisis - how much do you have @wdj40 ..? We both run u.deads - I have about 120% which I think is probably way too much.
    jonkoca said:

Nice, btw. having arpen crisis - how much do you have @wdj40 ..? We both run u.deads - I have about 120% which I think is probably way too much.

Now that Prey no longer debuffs defence I couldnt honestly answer that at the moment. I have yet to run PvP as I have been sorting out my workshops across all my characters the last couple of days lol.

I have only tried Combat this Mod in PvE and nothing else at this stage.

In Mod 14 I had between 5-6k as it was not really needed to kill people. Prey + Dread + Darkfire pretty much stripped away most defence off a target, a few OP's moaned in chat that they shouldnt be so squishy against me... Had to keep explaining that after a combo they can get hit for a big number lol.

Anyhoo I am reluctant to jump straight into PvP as I really need to start upgrading my stuff... still have R11-12 Enchants and only Trans Enchants :(

I left PvE alone too long and lagging I'm behind lol.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
    edited January 2019
    Yea, I've spent a lot of time this mod either running dungeons for specific gear, or grinding guild marks and AD for things. The MW3 gear is expensive, roughly 1.5 mill a piece. At least rp is cheap, and making a buff build doesn't require much investment.

Prey is much better this mod, the damage buff really kicks out the big hits.
    ☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺

Just knocked Godfinder out of the top 3 for kills this mod. The top spot is an exploiter TR, so he doesn't count, which makes Crumb the king of kills so far. ikr. Who'd a thunk that..?

Me and crumb are also both in the top three for deaths. Which, though admittedly less glorious, does balance out lol.
  • leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺

Just knocked Godfinder out of the top 3 for kills this mod. The top spot is an exploiter TR, so he doesn't count, which makes Crumb the king of kills so far. ikr. Who'd a thunk that..?

Me and crumb are also both in the top three for deaths. Which, though admittedly less glorious, does balance out lol.

he plays the most, and abandons lost maches :D
  • sandfox#5862 sandfox Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    Flail Snail puts you at a significant disadvantage. There are much better ways to get AP gain.

You can run the MW set (Bronzewood Sash/Beaded Amulet) for AP gain, plus great offensive stats and Alacrity bonus, as @jonkoca pointed out above. The AP gain from that set gives you 100% uptime on Disruptive and Forest Ghost, and leaves your leg mount slot open for +4000 offensive stats that you wouldn't get with the Snail.

Even without the MW set, you don't need Snail as Disruptive only uses 25% AP and Forest Ghost 50%. If you're worried about AP Drains use Wards, not Flail Snail.

Re: ArmPen, I sit at around 120% usually when running solo q. 100% just doesn't do it anymore against players stacking Defense.

For max performance in a premade or a tough solo q match, if the other team has tanks with high Defense I swap stronghold boon to ArmPen and run 4k Power mount or even keep 4k ArmPen mount for 22k+ ArmPen. That will shred anybody. If other team has high DPS/low Defense players, I drop ArmPen and go all Power so I can 1-shot them before they close distance and start a rotation.

Swapping out 2x Slayer overloads to match your key targets + modifying Power/ArmPen to optimize your build gives you a huge advantage.
    edited January 2019

Flail Snail puts you at a significant disadvantage. There are much better ways to get AP gain.

You can run the MW set (Bronzewood Sash/Beaded Amulet) for AP gain, plus great offensive stats and Alacrity bonus, as @jonkoca pointed out above. The AP gain from that set gives you 100% uptime on Disruptive and Forest Ghost, and leaves your leg mount slot open for +4000 offensive stats that you wouldn't get with the Snail.

Even without the MW set, you don't need Snail as Disruptive only uses 25% AP and Forest Ghost 50%. If you're worried about AP Drains use Wards, not Flail Snail.

Re: ArmPen, I sit at around 120% usually when running solo q. 100% just doesn't do it anymore against players stacking Defense.

For max performance in a premade or a tough solo q match, if the other team has tanks with high Defense I swap stronghold boon to ArmPen and run 4k Power mount or even keep 4k ArmPen mount for 22k+ ArmPen. That will shred anybody. If other team has high DPS/low Defense players, I drop ArmPen and go all Power so I can 1-shot them before they close distance and start a rotation.

Swapping out 2x Slayer overloads to match your key targets + modifying Power/ArmPen to optimize your build gives you a huge advantage.

Thats cool... but I dont have 10million AD to get MC3 weapons and the Sash/Amulet. So Snail Flail it is.

To be honest, and I dont mean to sound rude, I dont really need advice unless I specifically ask for it. I have my own build and it works perfectly for me. I can also fight on nodes and kill a lot of people 1vs1 even some of the strongest players in the game on occasion. I am built differently so I dont have to run off or die when players get close etc.

Just an example, I do most damage from max range... but if players get close to me and I lose some of that damage the 2 rings I equip automatically give me 5% extra damage at close range etc.

I ended up Mod14 the highest ranked Archer, the only 2 HR's above me were BiS Trapper Stun-Bots and 1 of them played 1/4 of the games I did. Here was me going pretty much 1vs1 with 1 of the most powerful SW's around https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/wdj40/video/67650790 if I didnt run the Valhalla Set and Wards I would have been killed and lost the fight.

As I say just an example
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
    edited January 2019
    Hate those trapper stunbots. I think to be honest, once you get past a certain level with a toon, the slight differences in build are more than made up for in playstyle adaptations. If I played with wdj40's set up I'd suck at it, and he'd probably suck at mine. Well, for a given value of 'suck' anyway lol.

Thnx for the replies ppl.
    jonkoca said:

Hate those trapper stunbots. I think to be honest, once you get past a certain level with a toon, the slight differences in build are more than made up for in playstyle adaptations. If I played with wdj40's set up I'd suck at it, and he'd probably suck at mine. Well, for a given value of 'suck' anyway lol.

Thnx for the replies ppl.

Yeah thats why I run Trans Elven now... Had to relegate my Shadowclad to my bank and PvE equipment. Otherwise you just get eaten up by Trappers on the X1 :)

People still abuse as many stuns as they can whatever class they are, just as bad as the Drain Bots lol.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
    Yeah, trappers are the bane of my pvp existence, alongside SWs. Though to be honest, everything kills me lol. A heavy sneeze nearby, and half my HP disappears.
    edited January 2019
    Ok, now officially in love with this build.

Higher AP gain means I can finally dump my DC sigil for a wheel/soul crystal. Damage buff ftw. And I finally have a reliable heal.
    Higher, insanely higher, runspeed means - gasp shock horror - I don't die as much as before. Also means I don't need my mount lol. I just run everywhere. 😃 Extra 4k movement + alacrity set-bonus + guile = mach 2.

Had some amazingly fun matches tonight.

• sandfox#5862 sandfox Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

Higher AP gain means I can finally dump my DC sigil for a wheel/soul crystal. Damage buff ftw. And I finally have a reliable heal.

@jonkoca I told you Stronghold set + SSC + heals was OP on pg 9 of the previous thread, in July 2018. Glad you finally came around :lol:
    jonkoca said:

Atwills are also a problem, with dread this mod, aimed shot doesn't account for as much damage as it used to, not to mention SLOW ATWILL IS SLOW. Rapid and hunters just don't do enough damage, split is slow and clunky.

Hunter's 10% dmg debuff is useful. When racing another DPS to zero in a 1v1 it works just like a 10% buff to your dmg. It's super fast and easy to sneak in a Hunter's shot in the 1st rotation to mark them.

edited January 2019
    Yeah yeah, you're a smart cookie. 😊

But you can't rush evolution, just think of me as a single-celled lifeform. Except with legs. And a bow.

Sidenote, within spitting distance of 5000 kills, and refining bloody artifacts to mythic is a pain. Wheel is nearly there, and tiamat's orb is still goddamn blue lol. Pvp min-maxing. Argh.
    Post edited by jonkoca on
    And... 5000 kills.

Updated guide with final gear choices and a pic.
    jonkoca said:

And... 5000 kills.

Updated guide with final gear choices and a pic.

Nice work :)

I have flat out refused to do any PvP this Mod unfortunately. I am in one of the biggest Alliances on the Xbox and cant get anyone to give me any kind of costs etc for MC3 weapons. Bit of a disadvantage without them now I think as most people have them.

I notice your edited post still mentions about AP gain. Do you have a Legacy Snail? Dont listen to Sandfox and if you have one just try it, you never have to worry about AP gain again its pretty much always full even against drains etc. That way you dont need AP gain on a necklace or any other source of AP gain at all.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
    Nah, I've got a 15% AP gain one, purple gorgon I think, but never got a snail. Anyway, my action points seem to be fine at the moment with the new gear.

Having another arpen crisis lol. (A new one, not the old one).

If I take the SH boon and use my axebeak, I can get the max 160% defence ignored cap. So I could drop my dread and (save up for goddamnit) get a feytouched. A flat 26% damage boost and it might help keep my stupid HAMSTER alive a bit more.

Argh.
  • lunartic666lunartic666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 53 Arc User
    Also make sure that hit that procced longshot (piercing dmg) won't strike with full effectiveness. There is that huge dummy at nayanzaru, check if your armpen is close to 0 and test it. Just saying.
  • leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

Nah, I've got a 15% AP gain one, purple gorgon I think, but never got a snail. Anyway, my action points seem to be fine at the moment with the new gear.

If I take the SH boon and use my axebeak, I can get the max 160% defence ignored cap. So I could drop my dread and (save up for goddamnit) get a feytouched. A flat 26% damage boost and it might help keep my stupid HAMSTER alive a bit more.

Argh.

there is no such thing as armorpen cap ;p its defence vs armorpen. dont give developers any ideas, defence is HAMSTER as it is ;p
    jonkoca said:

Argh.

I bit the bullet and played tonight as I got a magic surcoat lol. 4 games unbeaten lol.... I played with 6.7k Arm Pen and it seemed to be fine, killed some OP's, GF's and GWF's... Decent ones as well.

Really need to upgrade my Enchants and Weapons though.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
    Yeah, the new weapons are kinda a must. +1 versions would be nice but, at least when I went shopping, they were insanely expensive.

Anyway, these are my stat options.

Atm.
    80% crit,
    180% severity (encounters only with u.dread). (x 0.6 = 108%).
    85% defences ignored base (x 0.4 = 34%) + 45% defence stat reduction from dread + 5% defence reduction on crit from dread.
    40k+ power.

As far as I know in pvp, arpen is reduced by 60%. And critical severity is reduced by 40%.

Possible. (increased arpen + u.fey).

80% crit
    100% critsev on everything (60%).
    160% base defences ignored (x 0.4 = 64%).
    32k+ power. (plus 26% damage buff).

Need clever people to help me decide lol. Swapping to Fey is doable, but would take me some time to grind from pure to unparalled.
    lol yeah I am deffo lagging behind you Jonk :)

I have 28k Power
    65-70% Crit
    92% CrSev + Trans Dread
    66% Defences Ignored + Trans Dread + Darkfire

Darklords Hood
    Magic Lords Surcoat
    Terrored Grips
    Bandit Boots
    Ring of Offensive Action
    Ring of the Shadowstalker or Primal Ring or Ring of the Spellfinger
    Greater Everfrost Shirt + Pants (Keep Deflect just below Lifesteal so when you Daily it procs the Deflect equip bonus)
    Valhalla Set
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
    Too the dungeons my friend, TOO THE DUNGEONS !!!!

CR and a buff-build will be your friend. The hat and the boots will boost crit and recovery. The rest I dunno, if it still all works in pvp, then cool. If not, then ouch, you've got a big AD grind coming your way. Masterwork rings/weapons etc. On the plus side the free offensive rank 14 from aquisitions will allow you to sell an enchant, which for me was a 1 million AD freebie.