exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User

Coins of Waukeen Starts Wednesday, November 21 at 10am PT

Coins of Waukeen Ends Tuesday, November 27 at 10am PT

That's a really long wait or a typo

Typo
    2fv72Fw.png
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Yeah great work on that one - doesnt anyone check these things before they go live? :)

Anyone can make a mistake, which is why proof readers and checkers exist
  • Options
    pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User

Yeah great work on that one - doesnt anyone check these things before they go live? :)

Its a MMO game, not the NYTs.
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

Its a MMO game, not the NYTs.
    Actually, you play an MMO game. This is a forum/news site which makes it a form of journalism that should be held to some standards.

Had the post said there was 90% sale off all Zen market items and you logged in to the game to find a 10% sale you wouldbe singing a different tune.
  • Options
    jganthjganth Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Waukeen Coin purses are full of outdated professions materials...
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    that why i call Waukeen is God of Junks 2 years ago, never been updated for 5 years, will be 6 by June. my old post buried in archives of dead topics.

Waukeen is no longer "Golden God", i think he got broke, became a penny peddler junk master. "all that Glitters isnt Gold", so he became "gilded god", his favorite disciple, Jim Darkmagic, also deals with fool gold coins and pays in acorns.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    wylonus said:

that why i call Waukeen is God of Junks 2 years ago, never been updated for 5 years, will be 6 by June. my old post buried in archives of dead topics.

Waukeen is no longer "Golden God", i think he got broke, became a penny peddler junk master. "all that Glitters isnt Gold", so he became "gilded god", his favorite disciple, Jim Darkmagic, also deals with fool gold coins and pays in acorns.

Jim swiped all od Waukeen's gold. :p
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    lol. could be, Jim might had stole a fraction of Waukeen's fool gold coins.

i would be happy to buy a collectable "dragon coin" 24k gold plated coin if Cryptic get with minting company to make them. if the order to be taken in advanced orderings like 30-45 days for players to order a collectables or a set with copper and silver coins in hard plastic case "coin holder" and year it made.
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Bought 2 orange boxes, first one - 22k AD - second - broken profession junk. Then I stopped.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    nasty RNG. too early for april fool day
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    saved a lot of coin purses for one of those gold chests.....just 65 coins it gave @_@
  • Options
    Been casually playing and did a bit [one hour?] grinding mobs, so basically played about 4 hours and still not enough purses for a single orange box.

Just saying.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Love that one of my shiny golden chests gave only outdated profession garbage.
  • Options
    spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    An artefact with some nice rnd stats and HAMSTER artefactpower and only bc its rare as hell ( thanks for that dumb RNG!!!) its overpriced in auction house?
    I hope no one is that dumb and buy one of theese extrem overpriced artefacts.

• Options
    checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    @nitocris83 Events promised that have been reworked (Llira, Winter, Waukeen) are hit and miss as to the level of scrutiny/testing to see whether the event is worthwhile. The original Waukeen event was a wonder for raw AD. Foundries popped up so that one could farm the bags over and over and over. For the first Waukeen event ever I made around 4Mil AD from opening bags. Fast forward all these years, and this Waukeen event is mostly a shoulder shrug.

Here are some of the issues:
    1. The internal cooldowns for dropped bags is still way too long. I count between 60sec and 90sec for a bag.
    2. Bags still do not drop from anywhere. For example, the 'supply' HEs in Stronghold don't drop bags from killed mobs.
    3. Because of #1 and #2, it would take around 1 hour to farm just 1 of the top Waukeen chests (64 bag exchange).
    4. The contents of bags, boxes, etc were not reworked appropriate to fit the changes in mod 15 (see above about professions)
    5. Some would argue old profession supplies can be exchanged at workshop to upgrade it. But, the exchange rate is pitiful. From my time playing this weekend, I have opened around 500 waukeen bags, but the amount of exchange from the workshop is only around 10k towards the workshop upgrade.
    6. The RNG within the bag is also pitiful. The AD rate was nerfed years ago, so that top rAD is such a rarity, that it is easier to get legend mounts. Moreover, for those playing for transmutes, the RNG of things like coins is also too low.
    7. The bags are filled with potions that are also not scaled to the content and some of which cannot be sold for gold.
    8. The limited event companion is bugged (I think there are posts on this already).
    9. The only way to make any income is to sell bags on the AH to collectors who are desperate enough to buy a bugged companion for collections, or for the enchant that might help a few.

So, the Waukeen Event is not only outdated, it seems reworked to be an AD sink. I hope for better events in the future. This one was not fun.
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• Options
    Check got this nailed in all catagories.
    i opened and got 22k AD this morning, this REALLY feels like wearing a heavy chains with weighted iron ball glue to monitor screen to negligent real life duties or personal home needs.

Devs, listen to the players!!! dont listen? you have standards that is too high and very grindy, RNG is terrible!
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Because of the Triple guild event this weekend, I ran nonstop on a bunch of characters, getting enough purses to buy 4 orange boxes. In those boxes, I yielded the old cloak, 1 with the robe and 2 had old professions trash in them. Again I only got these as a side effect of running quests, but lets just say I was unimpressed. If not for the guild events, it wouldn't inspire me to have dine anything to participate in the event at all.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    Saving my bags I gained for next event and hope for a rework. Events for devs seem like a hit and miss lately.
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

For the first Waukeen event ever I made around 4Mil AD from opening bags.

This right here is the real reason that events are reworked. Telling the devs that you made a ton of AD off an event is just going to make them realize that it was way too easy for you to make AD.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Given that the first Waukeen event was Summer of '13, it's probably safe to talk about it now.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    i would like to offer suggestions, and anyone else can add what kind of update ideas.

one thing, retire those outdated profession items from that menu.

isnt Waukeen a deity of wealth and prosperity????????? and what we been getting lot of outdated junks, it made me think Waukeen is already broke and poor? he/she come out to spread the joy and wealth on event but cant provide. Waukeen became deity of junks.

did someone stole Waukeen's Golden Belt of Prosperity?

okay, let start making "recommended" items and updating for 64 bag trade in for legendary box on random surprise items, those with ^ icon as new idea

1. companion
    2. artifact
    3. golden robe
    4. random ADs
    5. ^ pres wards (random 3-6)
    6. ^ crafters' keg (workshop booster)
    7. ^ Key reroll tokens (random 4-8)
    8. ^ random purple insignas of prosperity
    9. recently added enchant of prosperity

ideas not cool? would like to see your concept, please go ahead. and let make suggestions to devs.
  • Options
    1. companion - yes blue plus or something worthwhile
    2. artifact - yes blue plus
    3. golden robe
    4. random ADs - minimum 10k AD
    5. ^ pres wards (random 3-6)
    6. ^ crafters' keg (workshop booster)
    7. ^ Key reroll tokens (random 4-8)
    8. ^ random purple insignas of prosperity
    9. recently added enchant of prosperity

My tweaks - otherwise looks great to me
  • Options
    forcemajeureforcemajeure Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited January 2019

This right here is the real reason that events are reworked. Telling the devs that you made a ton of AD off an event is just going to make them realize that it was way too easy for you to make AD.
    Cryptic has this unfortunate tendency to program in something that is massively exploitable, then take ages to respond to/correct it, then 'correct' it by nerfing it into non-existence.

Then they put in insane RNG and massive grind walls (5,000,000 South Sea credits for W4, anyone?), and then they throw a hissy fit when players "don't appreciate the quality content they produced", and instead complain about low time/reward ratios.

Overall, I like and enjoy Cryptic games; I think they are (overall) well done, have an excellent F2P model, good events etc etc. But Cryptic really needs to set some standards on how much they expect players to grind for rewards of questionable utility. Either that or start actually updating their events to reflect the fact that we're not in Mod 7 anymore...

• Options

Overall, I like and enjoy Cryptic games; I think they are (overall) well done, have an excellent F2P model, good events etc etc. But Cryptic really needs to set some standards on how much they expect players to grind for rewards of questionable utility. Either that or start actually updating their events to reflect the fact that we're not in Mod 7 anymore...

This is so flipping true!!!
  • Options
    checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User

The first Waukeen event was in June or July 2013. At that time, the AD rate on opening a bag was around 20%. After that first event, the AD rate was nerfed down...a lot. I remember grinding 10 hours a day for 4 days. I traded in bags 32:1 and opened the chests, which gave me 256k rAD 1 out of 5.

Now, you get 350 or 700 AD when opening a bag, not 8k, as the tool tip says.
    If you open up the top chest, you get 11k or 22k, not 256k. Getting the top AD reward is probably less statistically than getting a legend mount in a lockbox.

So, my observation was from the history of the event. From this Waukeen event (January 2019) I made about 100k AD from 500 bags (I was testing, not selling bags).
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends