Install Arc
Options

Starlight Parcels - Rewards Generally Suck

2»

Comments

• Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User

wylonus said:

pres wards is nice, almost one of "best green" prize, then when we get blue, next tier up, we get duds full of scarfs. i only seen 1-2 purple prizes, fish bait and once i got "greater mark of potiency" i got lucky when i got hammer, and one guild member was unlucky when he open over 400 and no hammer.
    anyway, i am sure he got lot of wards from 400's.

I have gotten 3 doohickeys, unfortunately, 2 on the same character
    I'd love to get 5 or 10 doohickey's, I don't use them for what they can do, I save and trade for Creations of Wonder Packs. Just you got to wait for Gond Event, then you could get a Gond Mount, or even possibly a Forgehammer.
  • Options
    celthil#8842 celthil Member Posts: 15 Arc User

"Correction, most people want better RNG rates for themselves on items to resell in the AH.

most people also want the price of pres wards to plummet so they can upgrade all their enchants on the cheap :-)"

I'd say most want the rng for the bound items, you get what like 20 unbound total but ppl are opening over 200 bags trying to get a forgehammer to be able to use they don't care if it's bound or not unless its on an alt they didn't want it on.

This where an unbind token would make Cryptic some zen sales. If they think it would be too much to unbind completely, try unbind character to account bound so things can be moved where they are wanted. Would also stop all the "I got more than one bound on the same character" posts.

As for pres wards, I don't think they are going to drop much since most ppl get them with zen, that tends to keep the price stable unless there is a sale.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,221 Arc User

Ok, let me start over, because people keep misconstruing feedback...

Starlight Parcels, the daily and ZEN market items.. appear to drop what they always frequently drop, I see a general "acceptable award" (IE the retrain tokens, scrolls, pwards, refiners) about 10% of the time, and around 10% for other seasons (generally useless rewards) after that its all blue junk.. no one cares about the blue junk, or a random rp stone.. of general useless function.. So you have about a 10% chance at a useful item, a 10% chance at basically a ok cosmetic item or maybe even one of the less useless companions (though most are pretty useless) .. then like 80% chance at a rp stone or a blue equipment or a scarf.. which no one cares about.

THE STARLIGHT bags.. those you get from the shared gifting and have ALL bind to character drops basically, are what many of us are seeing as having a nerfed drop rate.. I have done enough this year (2-300 or so gifts BAGS opened (not just sharing gifts, we are talking about a few thousand gifts shared to get to that 2-300 bags) opened and ZERO pwards) to see that there is no way they haven't adjusted things on this.. At that current drop rate of 0%.. I will get 0% bound pwards.. I am sure I would probably get a few dozen here and there.. but is it worth my time to stand around for awhile hoping for a few of them? I think not

It is not bogus feedback.. its what many of us are seeing the BAGS from gifting are to the point of being pointless, other then to get to 20 parcels.. so you can have a chance at a unbound item.

Here is the problem, so much of this feedback keeps on mixing up the two issues.

Issue one, if you want to even call it a issue, is with limited PARCELS you have a chance of getting nothing.. because of rng, you basically have to have a alt army to make this work..

Issue two.. BAGS have apparently been nerfed to the ground.. making them only useful to get to 20 parcels.

I see issue two as a FEEDBACK issue.. as in IE.. what make us stand around for hours for basically almost no reason.,

I understand many of us got a years worht of pwards in the past out of this.. but hey, we spent hours upon hours grinding and sharing to do that.. Now you take it away to sell more zen items.. =P.. I guess its your right, but its still a bit lousy that you didnt announce it before hand, before many of us wasted our time.

IN GENERAL sharing gifts is now almost pointless.. or more to the point, only impacts your daily parcel amount.. and no longer worth the time to have massive hour sharing parties as far as I can determine.

Thank you for the description. Now, I don't feel so bad for not participating any gift sharing this year. I also did not participate enough in the past years. Hopefully, it will be better next year.
    I did my accounting. I now have 250 parcels, 200 bags (from previous years) and ~300 stars among 12 characters. I was feeling so bad to be too lazy.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    "Starlight Parcels - Rewards Generally Suck"

yep
  • Options
    mystar#5733 mystar Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    I didn't notice much of a difference in the bag drop rate, but i did get a lot less valuables from them than i did last year. The fishing was the only disappointment I had, but saved a lot of time for other things by not doing it at all. I was considering not participating in the event at all next year but then my last parcel gave me a forgehammer, so hopefully next year i can help someone get theirs in gift parties.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    Frozen Demon Sled from a Starlight Parcel is another item with bound to character tag.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    rng is rng.. it sux when it works against you.. I actually had a fairly lousy winterfest, even with the unbound stuff.. nothing useful at all, if you consider type prize is a Gond.. then secondaries are lilliends , skeltons and enchanted coursers and such.. I got VERY few unbound useful items to sell.. but oh well, such is life, Im not complaining about that.. Im only complaining that they nerfed the shared gift rewards as hard as they did.. not the unbound/zen ones.

I got my 300+ pwards 175+ scrolls 20-30 retraining tokens and about 25 refiners cashes.

its ok.. but for the multiple hour grind fests you put in to get those thigns.. I mean really you could earn AD in the game for the same amount you spent grinding for it and just bought the pwards.. of course retraining tokens I couldnt have.. but for years worht of grinding I have around 250 or so of these anyways total.. so I dont need anymore probably anyways.

Lets be honest.. RNG really blows in any game.. the best games have RNG but limitations to it, so you dont get your X, Y or Z do dabble, well after 50 runs of X, y or Z dungeon, you can buy it with a token vendor or something.. those are the best solutions,

I think this game should have a exchange ssytem for many things (but rings #1) because we all get sick of doing our thousands run, while player B, just got theirs in run #5.. (screw you player b, screw you to..the nine hells.)
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Well, after going over the loot i got from over 15 characters, i'd like to see a few changes being made to the next Winter Festival:

1. the factor for improving the loot (or rather increasing the loot list) should be Gifts of Simril being activated in a group, and not just opening Starlight Parcels/Bags. this should also work for the Gift of Simril itself, if someone decides to only "receive" gifts from others, then their loot should only be Sky Beams/Lanterns and Small/Large Iceworks.

2. any character bound drop should be made account bound.

3. replace any equipment drop with a few silver/gold coins.

4. any fashion item drop should be replaced with a tradeable Fashion Box drop.

5. and something has to change with fishing...
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,221 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    regenerde said:

Well, after going over the loot i got from over 15 characters, i'd like to see a few changes being made to the next Winter Festival:

1. the factor for improving the loot (or rather increasing the loot list) should be Gifts of Simril being activated in a group, and not just opening Starlight Parcels/Bags. this should also work for the Gift of Simril itself, if someone decides to only "receive" gifts from others, then their loot should only be Sky Beams/Lanterns and Small/Large Iceworks.

2. any character bound drop should be made account bound.

3. replace any equipment drop with a few silver/gold coins.

4. any fashion item drop should be replaced with a tradeable Fashion Box drop.

5. and something has to change with fishing...

(1) is a big no no to me if (2) does not come along together. i.e. if they implement (1) but not (2).

The character I want to give is not necessary the character I want to receive. 70% of the time, it is not.
    (2) helps a portion of my issue but that does not help the inventory space issue.
    The character I want to receive usually has more inventory space.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    reason behind 1. is to end the whole gift scamming HAMSTER once and for all with a small change.
    since the "loot counter" is allready in place, this wouldn't take up too much Dev time.

about the inventory space problem, may be the Devs could move quest items and vouchers into the Usefull Items tab?
    Post edited by regenerde on
    Want to know why?