test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

MSP Jump Spell fail

Got past the second boss, the Q Jump spell command shows up but fails to fire. Leaving you stuck on the platform unable to continue. This has happened to me twice. The first time it occurred I was able to solve it by using the /unbind_all command.

Second time this occurred, it didn't work. So I tried using the options menu to reset all keybinds, that didn't work. I restarted the game, it didn't work either. I reset (died) and returned to the camp fire, all keys worked as normal, including Q.

While I had other windows open, the queue menu for example, I could see my targeting circle in the background and I was able to move it as if I was going to cast it. But of course you can't cast it while another window is up.

I had to abandon the instance at this point. My queue group was a premade so they were patient while I tested and tried to figure out how to get past this point.

This means I can't do the RAQ anymore. I get MSP about 40% to 50% of the time.

I have also heard this is a long term bug but I couldn't see anything in the Bug Reports forum.

Also, this affects the Gyrion weekly as well. I only found out about the Gyrion thing because I had to make a patronage token and needed more RD currency.

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks
Main: Angels Scar
Guild: Ruathym Corsairs

Comments

• Options
    lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    Well, managed to find a workaround for this bug myself after getting MSP again in RAQ.
    These are the steps I took (note: some shouldn't be needed):
    In the chat window:
    /unbind_all
    /unbind q
    hit "Esc" key
    choose "Options" Menu
    - click the "Gameplay" Tab
    - Epand the "Keybinds" section
    - Click "Reset to defaults"
    - Change "Location Targeting Activation" to "On Release"
    - Change "Location Targeting Activation" back to "On Second Press"

Probably don't need to do the /unbind steps, expand keybinds or toggle the On Release but I did them, so I noted them here.

If it bugs out on me again, I'll update it to something more definitive.

Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs