Install Arc
Options

Is this new crafting worth?

13»

Comments

• Options
    mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    > @plasticbat said:
    > Go to the forge in Caer-Konig, there is a black ice store there.
    >
    > Does it sell enchantment? Is it the same store that you can bring up from campaign? Last time I checked, it did not sell black ice enchantment.

Yes it does sell enchantments and it is not the same as the campaign store. You can also refine raw black ice there.
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

well, it was before tthe fix, now it is coper HAMSTER only.

awww
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

themoore said:

I have a problem or I simply do not know what to do. The very first list they give you at the market to fulfil and I say I will come back when I have all the items... Well I have all the stuff in the list but now what?? I go back and they just show me the list again and I can only reply that I will be back with the ingredients. I really do not know what to do. What am I doing wrong?

Two things: First, you only need to make one of the items on the list. Second, if you keep getting the list, it means you don't have a single item from that list. The Material Supplier wants high quality items; thus the "+1" on each item. Look on the AH for these items if you don't want to or cannot craft them yourself. Or ask a friend for help.
    the quest for the profession supply merchant to upgrade the workshop requires 3 each of one of the +1 items

AND THAT WOULD BE ONE ITEM ON THE LIST. What's so hard to understand about that? Seriously. "Linseed Oil +1 x3" is one item on the list. It doesn't matter that you need to craft three of them. Three of them constitute one item on the list.
  • Options
    juergeng123juergeng123 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    The new patch kills all the professions for beginners because they cant afford it. The gold costs are way to high.
    Schließe dich meiner Gilde Valindras Fear an Gildenhalle 20 Marktplatz 9 Stall 9 Kasserne 9, Entdeckergilde 9
    Join my guild Valindras Fear GH20 Marketplace 9 Stable 9 Barracs 9 Explorer Guild 9
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,229 Arc User
    edited November 2018

themoore said:

I have a problem or I simply do not know what to do. The very first list they give you at the market to fulfil and I say I will come back when I have all the items... Well I have all the stuff in the list but now what?? I go back and they just show me the list again and I can only reply that I will be back with the ingredients. I really do not know what to do. What am I doing wrong?

Two things: First, you only need to make one of the items on the list. Second, if you keep getting the list, it means you don't have a single item from that list. The Material Supplier wants high quality items; thus the "+1" on each item. Look on the AH for these items if you don't want to or cannot craft them yourself. Or ask a friend for help.
    the quest for the profession supply merchant to upgrade the workshop requires 3 each of one of the +1 items

AND THAT WOULD BE ONE ITEM ON THE LIST. What's so hard to understand about that? Seriously. "Linseed Oil +1 x3" is one item on the list. It doesn't matter that you need to craft three of them. Three of them constitute one item on the list.
    For me, I have a different problem. My fault though.
    For me, it was hard to read. The "one of the list" text was in small font. Now, I think they make it red. If the retainer actually talked, it would be better.
    I missed that and proceed to arrange to make all of them.

The easiest one should be the gathering one if you had leadership 25 -> gathering 70. You can get focus 100% without fancy tool. You need 10 of them but during my "mass production" to cover 12 characters, I made like 300 from one character.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    I have not started crafting... and I wont. I dont play this game for crafting... I play for action.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    banzaikittenbanzaikitten Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 220 Arc User

You are probably talking about buy from vendor and sell to vendor.
    He was talking about crafting and then sell to vendor. That still works and not a bug.
    me to.
    some items crafted was worthwile waiting and selling to a vendor for a hehe darn good price.
    now you even wont get the price outt you payd for making it, oh wel..
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,229 Arc User
    edited November 2018

He was talking about crafting and then sell to vendor. That still works and not a bug.
    me to.
    some items crafted was worthwile waiting and selling to a vendor for a hehe darn good price.
    What I had in mind was not balm. It was something else. It still works for me.

I was not talking about crazy gold earning. My new character (that I created last Thursday, profession was started from scratch) can still earn about 10 gold per day through crafting. I do so because I am still leveling the character (both XP and profession).

Yes, it is only a small drop of the bucket. I just want to point out one can still make gold through crafting. May be slow but you can.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

themoore said:

For me, I have a different problem. My fault though.
    For me, it was hard to read. The "one of the list" text was in small font. Now, I think they make it red. If the retainer actually talked, it would be better.
    I missed that and proceed to arrange to make all of them.

The easiest one should be the gathering one if you had leadership 25 -> gathering 70. You can get focus 100% without fancy tool. You need 10 of them but during my "mass production" to cover 12 characters, I made like 300 from one character.
    I would have had this problem if I had not spent time on Preview. They were given feedback that the fact you needed only make one of those things should be more prominent. They ignored the feedback, unsurprisingly.
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

themoore said:

I don't know what is so hard to understand about it. I know how to read & I have learned that it is important to read ever single quest chain window at least once. But since there is confusion, not only on the forums but also in the zone chat, I thought that I would illuminate the necessity of crafting 3 EACH of the item that is chosen in a misguided attempt to avoid having more players post " AAAARGHOMGGGIMADETHESILLYTHINGWHYWON'TTHISSTOOPEDQUESTCOMPLETENNNEEERRRDDDDRRRAAAGGGGEEEE!!!"
  • Options

me to.
    What I had in mind was not balm. It was something else. It still works for me.

I was not talking about crazy gold earning. My new character (that I created last Thursday, profession was started from scratch) can still earn about 10 gold per day through crafting. I do so because I am still leveling the character (both XP and profession).

Yes, it is only a small drop of the bucket. I just want to point out one can still make gold through crafting. May be slow but you can.
    the new system is a gold drainer, that is a fact, and making some easy gold was used for buffering to feed the comisions the crafters want (ex the purple crafter that are on bad drugs and work on slomo speed)
    i am still pi***** about it, but ok,
    still dinndt found a think for my main skill, alchemy to work on to get some good selling stuff now, basicly i lost interest after 5 years.....
  • Options
    badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Is it worth it? Nope, not by a long shot! What used to be Quick and Easy became Realistic and Engaging. Meaning that if you want to craft a high level item by yourself you need at least 4 different disciplines, to gather and craft all the components. Then you've got to make the actual item itself!

Realistic and Engaging becomes Time Consuming and Frustrating. Then comes the upgrade to level 4 workshop crafting nothing but 1 item will cost you around 1225 Gold and 208 Days and 8 Hours. There you go folks, that's what Realistic and Engaging means! Not to mention the fact that even to get to a level 3 Workshop you're going to be spending most of your time IN THE WORKSHOP!.

The final cost of doing nothing but crafting to get your workshop to Level 4 from nothing will be something like 1500 gold and about 8 months of your life doing NOTHING BUT CRAFTING!

Hope you can spend that much time crafting because you won't be playing the game! But hey at least you can SPEND REAL MONEY TO UPGRADE! If you're dumb enough to do that though, I know a Nigerian Prince with a better use for your money. And where there's a really nice Bridge for Sale!
  • Options
    sigillmacfinnsigillmacfinn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User

Go to the forge in Caer-Konig, there is a black ice store there.

Does it sell enchantment? Is it the same store that you can bring up from campaign? Last time I checked, it did not sell black ice enchantment.

Found it!

Thanx for the advice - its a trader up the long steps between the 2 Black Ice Dwarven Brothers - you still need some of the "ingredients" you used to need to make them - like Black Ice Wedge & you then have to "buy" the lesser versions to then "buy" the Greater version but it does mean all is not lost on that front :)

Thanx again for info :)
    ..... rolling 1's for over 25 years .....

The Harbingers' Forums - What Class Are You - Search The Neverwinter Wiki

• Options
    great, the few gold my alts had ,are gone, players never generate so much gold to keep workers running
  • Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited November 2018

great, the few gold my alts had ,are gone, players never generate so much gold to keep workers running

The gold outlook seems bleak at first, but there's a lot of exaggeration in this thread. Crafting on a large scale (read: across multiple characters) requires a strategic approach to gold generation, which involves setting a number of your orders specifically to craft vendor-viable items with as much overall profit as possible.

An individual character cannot realistically generate enough gold to fund 6/6 "real" tasks close to max profession level or at MW level perpetually. There's a great deal of prep and micromanagement involved in setting up a renewable crafting system now that mass-production of Vaseline jars is no longer the answer, and players who do not enjoy crafting will hate this and should not do this to themselves.

The system isn't closed to new players, but they'll have a harder time with gold depending on which profession they begin with. I think the costs at low and mid level especially need some tweaking, and/or we need more ways to obtain gold during gameplay. For example, it would be of enormous help particularly to more casual crafters if ALL epic-quality items could be sold to vendor instead of being only for RP.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    vorphied said:

For example, it would be of enormous help particularly to more casual crafters if ALL epic-quality items could be sold to vendor instead of being only for RP.

Agreed, and also the older blue-quality dungeon loot like the Alliance gear. There's no particular reason it shouldn't be sellable for gold.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I started Jewel Crafting on one of my characters about a year ago, because a friend asked for help on his guild, they needed the gems. Other than that, I never did professions much after they closed the Gateway. I think the new system is better, that is my opinion. As for my experience since starting up again; I entered as level 57 (I admit, I didn't need to build up from scratch) I am up to the part where I need 500K in commissions. I am thinking all of you are in too big of a hurry on this. I basically visit the lady in the morning see if there is something on her list I can make. If not I make whatever I want to make and sell it in the AH. Electrum Needles sell 1000 AD or 3000 for +1, I even sold some simple copper rings for AD. As for the commission cost. You need to just specify an set amount and don't get excessive with the "Repeat Until I Go Broke" button. I tap professions when I am not busy playing the game, meaning this is the last thing on my "to do" list. I don't expect one aspect of the game to make my character rich. Pushing buttons on a menu is not playing a game, I feel more immersed in this new 3D version than before.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,096 Arc User
    I make something that appears on her list. Sell when I can. Other than that I just play the game and plan what I need to do.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.