test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What's the Marred Coin for?

quantumffquantumff Member Posts: 16 Arc User
Drops from Tymora boxes, has jubilee currency description and graphics, goes into currency tab, and I can't figure out what it's for.

Anyone know? Am I missing something obvious here? :o

Comments

• mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    I do not know.

I haven't opened any of my boxes yet, but that is not a thing that I remember from past events, nor anything that was mentioned in the news item.
    I also do not recall seeing anything about them when speaking to the event vendor.
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    Marred coins are used in the Jubilee event. Must be a kickstarter for ya might need 10,000 to get the Sabertoothed Lion Moose mount! ;)
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    valwryn said:

Marred coins are used in the Jubilee event. Must be a kickstarter for ya might need 10,000 to get the Sabertoothed Lion Moose mount! ;)

...and 50,000 AD I bet.
  • grrowler#0622 grrowler Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    As others mentioned, the "marred coins" are deprecated currency for the Protector's Jubilee event (if you look at the tooltip description of the marred coin, it actually calls them out as "Protector's Figurines"). I do not think they are supposed to be dropping from the Tymora's gift boxes. Although I have not in the past really run the Tymora event, so I am not sure if they were giving out currency drops from other events.

If the Tymora's gift boxes are NOT supposed to be dropping this currency, I wonder what we were supposed to be getting.

Pewter figures made to commemorate Elminster's visit and the rebuilding of Neverwinter. Protector's Figurines are used in the Commemorative Store and can be obtained by completing the Daily Quests in the Protector's Jubileee or purchasing a bag of Protector's Figurines from the Zen Market.

There was another forum post about how the mechanical altars from the recent Wonders of Gond event would drop packs that open up and give you deprecated (rotten) professions materials. I know that you can trade these in for credit or what not, but it is a bit inelegant.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    The marred coins used to be pewter figurines, but the duergar stole them and set them on the tracks for the mine cars to run over. So they are now "coins".
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    An incentive for burgeoning numismatics?

In all seriousness, I'll ask about this since it wasn't in any recent documentation.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    valwryn said:

Mind you, moose bites can be pretty nasty....

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    I don't recall Bullwinkle ever biting anyone...
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • blag001blag001 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    cdnbison said:

valwryn said:

Mind you, moose bites can be pretty nasty....

A Møøse once bit my sister... No realli! She was Karving her initials on the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Mølars of Horst Nordfink"...
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Perchance a hint at the plot of an upcoming mod?
    A crossover event that would put Acquisitions Incorporated to shame?
    http://dresdenfiles.wikia.com/wiki/Order_of_the_Blackened_Denarius
    Hey, an Angry Drunken Forum Clown can dream, can't he?

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time