test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Broom Mount - Event Rewards Now Cost AD??

2»

Comments

• Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    To get the sash... treat this event like the Sahar event. Form a party of 5, and each person drop a pinata at the same time.
    Post edited by demonmonger on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    rishikesa#0564 rishikesa Member Posts: 80 Arc User

Someone on the company side just keeps making bad decisions.

DO AGREE
    Laksmi ---> splendid DC
    Purple Knight ---> scoundrel TR
    Surya Namaskar ---> strong GWF
    Golia ---> fair GF
    Nausicaa ---> dark SW
    Pallyda ---> growing up OP
  • Options
    flippy#8481 flippy Member Posts: 198 Arc User

cdnbison said:

50K AD for a guarnateed purple mount (plus the grind time - I'd say about 4 total hours). That's not terrible, IMO, especially given that you can easily get 30k just from the first two random queues. It's not a huge thing - and it also sets a bit of a baseline should someone decide to farm the bejeebus out of the event to sell the mount at a later date - it should sell for 50k+, right?

Note: this is all dependent on the drop rate for the sash being a bit more reasonable post-patch. I'm not a huge fan of having to rely on RNG to get the mount, but if the drop rate is more reasonable, all it does is force players to crack some pinatas during the event - and given that you've got to collect 800 total tokens to get the mount, you should be able to get at least one sash from the ~300 bags you open / 30-50 pinatas.

u do kno the broom is bound right???? so u cant sell at a later date..... plus like others have said..... its principal.... other events have other purple mounts u can get by jus doin stuff in the event no ad required an now this one event u gotta pay ad AND farm mats to get the mount
    you forgot that you have to farm RNG as well

• Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    cdnbison said:

50K AD for a guarnateed purple mount (plus the grind time - I'd say about 4 total hours). That's not terrible, IMO, especially given that you can easily get 30k just from the first two random queues. It's not a huge thing - and it also sets a bit of a baseline should someone decide to farm the bejeebus out of the event to sell the mount at a later date - it should sell for 50k+, right?

Note: this is all dependent on the drop rate for the sash being a bit more reasonable post-patch. I'm not a huge fan of having to rely on RNG to get the mount, but if the drop rate is more reasonable, all it does is force players to crack some pinatas during the event - and given that you've got to collect 800 total tokens to get the mount, you should be able to get at least one sash from the ~300 bags you open / 30-50 pinatas.

As opposed to what, being able to spending a few hours/days (depending on a player's persistence and 'luck') grind time running the Siege of Neverwinter and getting a "guaranteed purple mount" for free?

I'm guessing my opinion differs a bit from yours regarding the "not terrible" aspect... To me, having one event where players grind and can get a purple mount for free -vs- another event where players still have to grind and then has to pay additional AD's for a purple mount... seems like be a no brainer and a very huge thing to me.

But then perhaps that's just me.
    DD~
  • Options
    rishikesa#0564 rishikesa Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    dionchi said:

cdnbison said:

As opposed to what, being able to spending a few hours/days (depending on a player's persistence and 'luck') grind time running the Siege of Neverwinter and getting a "guaranteed purple mount" for free?

I'm guessing my opinion differs a bit from yours regarding the "not terrible" aspect... To me, having one event where players grind and can get a purple mount for free -vs- another event where players still have to grind and then has to pay additional AD's for a purple mount... seems like be a no brainer and a very huge thing to me.

Not only Siege of NW, but also the Summer Festival... Even you can get a purple mount without paying AD
    Laksmi ---> splendid DC
    Purple Knight ---> scoundrel TR
    Surya Namaskar ---> strong GWF
    Golia ---> fair GF
    Nausicaa ---> dark SW
    Pallyda ---> growing up OP
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

RNG to get the charms, RNG to get the pinatas, RNG to get the component from the pinatas, WITH a 2-minute cooldown between tries.

Per alt. That's just obnoxious.

Now, here's my question: say you use a pinata. Can any joker run up and pick up the sash before you can or does it go straight to your inventory? Does this mean having to open them away from all other players? Because that would be, well, dumb.

Another side effect of this is that no one will ever be saving pinatas for having fun the rest of the year since the RNG chance of getting the sash appears to be so abysmal. Law of Unintended Consequences and all that...

any joker can run up and get the sash.
  • Options
    pakatapoespakatapoes Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Events should be fun , and I am not having fun
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    dionchi said:

I'm sure that it's not just you, but I don't see it as a big deal.

If you want a free purple mount then those are available here and there, right?

If you really want the broom then it costs a little extra AD. Certainly less AD than it would cost for you to convert it to Zen and buy a purple mount from the C-Store.

The broom isn't better than those free purple mounts, it's just different. I see it as basically the same as the Menzoberranzan Renegade or the Moon Elf compared to the Drow or the Sun Elf.

I think that having to get a sash from a beholder pinata is a bigger deal than the AD cost for those that want the mount.
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    the fixes they made already fixed the drops, 50k ad is nothing, when we have 4 weeks of event, and you can make salvage until 6th of november(before module release) from gear drops from queued/hunts/barovia campaign shop box, i just wish the piñatas were bta , i feel bad that i have to discard the piñatas after i get my sash.
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    arcanjo86 said:

the fixes they made already fixed the drops, 50k ad is nothing, when we have 4 weeks of event, and you can make salvage until 6th of november(before module release) from gear drops from queued/hunts/barovia campaign shop box, i just wish the piñatas were bta , i feel bad that i have to discard the piñatas after i get my sash.

They "improved" the drops. They did not "fix" the drops. People still could spend the entire event grinding and walk away with nothing because of RNG. And the event is 2 weeks not 4. 2 weeks in which they've had the servers down for a bit of time as well.

I've got my broom. I know people with multiple brooms. I also know a few people that have yet to get their sash over a week into the event and having opened over 200+pinatas. RNG does not make an event fun. "Winning" an item you don't even want just makes it more apparent how bad this reward setup is when people that actually want the broom can't get a sash to drop.

And most people griping about the 50k AD aren't complaining because of the actual cost. We all know 50k can be come by rather quickly and easily. The complaint is really the precedent this is setting up after YEARS of event rewards being earned through playing the events not paying in AD as well as grinding.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    arcanjo86 said:

It is a mistake for discarding the pinatas. You can get another sash after you trade in the sash for the Broom (I did). Hence, don't kill the pinatas until after you get your Broom. The sash is bound on character. The Broom is bound on account. You can get another Broom. If you are burned out and decide not to get another Broom this time, you can keep the sash for the next time.
    I am not going to chase for the 2nd Broom this time. I am trying to get the Empowered Artifact, ... 650 tokens to go. :(
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    I disliked the grind but, IMHO, the broom mount is very much worth the extra 50k AD. Maybe it is an illusion of movement but it seems faster then my other mounts. It has 3 insignia slots instead of the 2 like the winter sled.

I think they need to add some sound improvements and better mount and space bar animations but, frankly, I am pretty pleased with the mount. I liked it so much I grinded for a couple of them.
  • Options

arcanjo86 said:

They "improved" the drops. They did not "fix" the drops. People still could spend the entire event grinding and walk away with nothing because of RNG. And the event is 2 weeks not 4. 2 weeks in which they've had the servers down for a bit of time as well.

I've got my broom. I know people with multiple brooms. I also know a few people that have yet to get their sash over a week into the event and having opened over 200+pinatas. RNG does not make an event fun. "Winning" an item you don't even want just makes it more apparent how bad this reward setup is when people that actually want the broom can't get a sash to drop.

And most people griping about the 50k AD aren't complaining because of the actual cost. We all know 50k can be come by rather quickly and easily. The complaint is really the precedent this is setting up after YEARS of event rewards being earned through playing the events not paying in AD as well as grinding.

arcanjo86 said:

my hr got one first piñata, my dc got aswell, my gf too, my cw already have the broom player, piñatas drops are good( i dont recommend one shoting them), did anyone noticed that broom has combat manueuver and gladiator guile insignia bonus, 50k is a good price for those insignia bonus, past events are past, welcome back to the present moving towards the future events changes.
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    arcanjo86 said:

my hr got one first piñata, my dc got aswell, my gf too, my cw already have the broom player, piñatas drops are good( i dont recommend one shoting them), did anyone noticed that broom has combat manueuver and gladiator guile insignia bonus, 50k is a good price for those insignia bonus, past events are past, welcome back to the present moving towards the future events changes.

Yes, you were a lucky player. Let's base the value of the sash drops on your experience only. And when an event rolls around and you don't get what you want "hey this is the future man. i got mine on the 1st drop so move on".

Unlike some that already have their brooms I'm making a case for the people that haven't gotten their brooms after grinding the event and popping tons of pinatas. Just because I got my sash (after maybe 70 pinatas) doesn't negate that I know people that still haven't had it drop with over 200 pinatas used (and yes the whole "dont one shot it" isnt exactly news).

And no, paying 50k after having to work for the item isn't "a good deal". It's double dipping into my resources. One being my time. The other being my AD. But that's just my opinion as someone who has a broom and still feels like other people are being shafted.

• Options
    pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User

I disliked the grind but, IMHO, the broom mount is very much worth the extra 50k AD. Maybe it is an illusion of movement but it seems faster then my other mounts. It has 3 insignia slots instead of the 2 like the winter sled.

I think they need to add some sound improvements and better mount and space bar animations but, frankly, I am pretty pleased with the mount. I liked it so much I grinded for a couple of them.

Another thing to add is that this mount has Gladiator Glide which currently in auction will cost you 200,000AD for a Wolf of the Wild Hunt to get. This, along with the other boons, make 50K and the grind a bargain. With the enhanced drops of the sash I would say the rewards/cost is worth the effort.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    if the sash didnt drop has anyone filled a ticket for that problem, maybe your account got removed from the reward table xD
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    I didn't get the sash on several characters, since i simple ran out of pinatas and the will to grind for more. And support won't lift a finger, since the drop rate is in RNGesus hands.

But go ahead and gloat all day long over your lucky streak - just remember that Luck is a fickle mistress, and that there will be more events in the future...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    lol i got the sash but didnt buy themount bc of my opinions (an others have said as well) abt this whole mount,,,, anybdy looked at the calender?? winter fest? new mount there (an oddly its a yeti) lol an im bettin that one will cost ad too... if not ill b shocked
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    They should rework this whole event mount HAMSTER - the crazy luck based grind for resources might be acceptable for the first mount, IF that mount would be an account-wide unlock, and IF event mounts for any alt. characters would only cost AD.

Events should be a break from the game grind, and not add even more grind to it...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    regenerde said:

They should rework this whole event mount HAMSTER - the crazy luck based grind for resources might be acceptable for the first mount, IF that mount would be an account-wide unlock, and IF event mounts for any alt. characters would only cost AD.

Events should be a break from the game grind, and not add even more grind to it...

Account wide unlock? Do you mean you get one and every character in the account would have that mount?
    The mount is account bound, by the way.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    flippy#8481 flippy Member Posts: 198 Arc User

regenerde said:

Account wide unlock? Do you mean you get one and every character in the account would have that mount?
    The mount is account bound, by the way.
    how about a variation on reading

rng to get the mount originally and an account unlock

then AD to buy the mount - for every alt that wants it