test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Broom Mount - Event Rewards Now Cost AD??

nl54#3191 nl54 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
I know 50k AD isn't much, but it's the principal. Other events have epic mounts that can be obtained from quests items only. It just seems to be one more thing that ties into the recent AD drain attempt.
Ninurta - 16.1k Half-Orc GWF

Ereshkigal - 12k Tiefling SW

Aurora Ravensong - 11.6k Drow CW

Comments

• avenfellavenfell Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Still not half as HAMSTER as their so-called bonus RP event where you basically are asked to pay 100k ad for a few preservation wards and a pitiful amount of RP.

They can keep the broom, im 16k+, yes I can afford 50k but as you pointed out, its the principal. Im not going to pay for a once a year seasonal event, completely defeats the purpose of a holiday event.
    16k+ Combat HR
  • teamstephonteamstephon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    avenfell said:

Still not half as HAMSTER as their so-called bonus RP event where you basically are asked to pay 100k ad for a few preservation wards and a pitiful amount of RP.

They can keep the broom, im 16k+, yes I can afford 50k but as you pointed out, its the principal. Im not going to pay for a once a year seasonal event, completely defeats the purpose of a holiday event.

after seeing the boom sticks my self that it made me not want to buy them either where i do agree on what your saying since they did not have to make them lame with reagents

• nl54#3191 nl54 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    avenfell said:

50k on top of rng on top of rng. Rng just to get a pinata, then rng for reagents inside the pinata. Opened 63 bags earlier and got 7 pinatas and no mats from the pinatas. It's a waste of time imo.

Ninurta - 16.1k Half-Orc GWF

Ereshkigal - 12k Tiefling SW

Aurora Ravensong - 11.6k Drow CW
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    RNG to get the charms, RNG to get the pinatas, RNG to get the component from the pinatas, WITH a 2-minute cooldown between tries.

Per alt. That's just obnoxious.

Now, here's my question: say you use a pinata. Can any joker run up and pick up the sash before you can or does it go straight to your inventory? Does this mean having to open them away from all other players? Because that would be, well, dumb.

Another side effect of this is that no one will ever be saving pinatas for having fun the rest of the year since the RNG chance of getting the sash appears to be so abysmal. Law of Unintended Consequences and all that...
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    I am not interested in the broom, but perhaps people have more chance getting a sash if they group in a party ?
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    the drop chance for the sash from beholder piñata is too low to get the broom on all toons of each class, killing the enjoyment of the event it self in order to get bored doing it on same class, promote good expectation for the event but becomes uter bs.
    edited October 2018
    They just announced that the server is going down in a few minutes (for 5-1/2 hours!). I decided to log out instead of burning up any more pinatas. Something must be broken somewhere.

EDIT: Never mind. Scheduled extended maintenance due to a server move.
  • rustyroo13#1749 rustyroo13 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I'm probably one of the easiest going players around: I don't mind the grinding for events, I don't mind the AD for the broom, and I even spend real money - a LOT of money- on the game. However, the thought of the witch's sash being nearly impossible to get after I've already got the other components really irritates me! I thought it would be a quest prize, or maybe something you could get with the tokens, but the pinata situation is perplexing. I only want one little broom, not one for each of my toons.

EDITED: Okay, I managed to get the sash for my SW (over 300 bags, got it on the 39th pinata) and thought I would try to get it for my hunter since the patch claimed it was easier to get. Over 350 bags later, I only got 30 pinatas, and no sash. I got the rest of the items right away...the bristles just fell out of the bags on day one! I have all the other items, but the pinatas are falling at a rarer rate than they did before the patch. Discouraged.:(
    Post edited by rustyroo13#1749 on
    Arielle Redbow half-elf Warden Ranger
    Guild: Guardians of the Forest
  • kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

RNG to get the charms, RNG to get the pinatas, RNG to get the component from the pinatas, WITH a 2-minute cooldown between tries.

Per alt. That's just obnoxious.

Now, here's my question: say you use a pinata. Can any joker run up and pick up the sash before you can or does it go straight to your inventory? Does this mean having to open them away from all other players? Because that would be, well, dumb.

Another side effect of this is that no one will ever be saving pinatas for having fun the rest of the year since the RNG chance of getting the sash appears to be so abysmal. Law of Unintended Consequences and all that...

I just step inside a dread ring lair to pop them, theres always that starting area before the lair starts that has nothing lol. I just pop em all there on each alt as I do my daily dread ring lair.
  • flippy#8481 flippy Member Posts: 198 Arc User

I never thought I would see the day when an epic event REWARD would requires AD, RNG and a deep loathing of my self to attempt to get it. Kudos NW. Kudos.

of course you know

now the developers will maximize the RNG because it provides so many desired effects

• avenfellavenfell Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Im still confused how things went this far off the rails so quickly.

What was it, like 4 or 5 months ago during the anniversary event, I was like "omg, these gifts are amazing, the event activities are short and easy to fit in on multiple characters, Cryptic has really outdone themselves this time".

Since then they have radically changed the entire economy and within 2 months of that completely overhauled it a second time, they have redone the entire profession system, they have found a way to further screw up class balance and nerf like everyone except CWs across the board, I mean what happened?

I just dont understand how all this happens in like 4 or 5 months, its like the T-Virus broke out in the basement and the dev's reanimated corpses are just randomly pressing buttons at this point.
    16k+ Combat HR
  • Yah, I'm having horrible luck with the sash. It might be an idea to have one's chance of having it drop increase with each pinata struck/destroyed (shared kills).

Have it drop right to your inventory versus the ground or if not make it super obvious which is the "sash" on the ground... Then at least folks can group up and share. If they don't trust PuGs then maybe friends or guild or a quiet corner to themselves? *note: I haven't seen one on the ground yet to know if the sash is "obvious" or not.

Also need more pinatas. Others like me might still have some summer pinatas leftover. Maybe add them for use?

And Gods yes! To the account wide event mount unlock people are suggesting. You do it with event starships in STO your sister ship/game. *

Anyway, my 2 cents. Still thanks for the extra week. We're all probably gonna need it. :)

• teamstephonteamstephon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    i was able to get the sash after i had opened over 30 pinatas cause if they would of removed the gnaried broomstick while the 50k than i would of been happy with just that
  • ichorbladeichorblade Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    lucky you. ive broken over 70 pinatas and still nothing but trash
  • omegaospreyomegaosprey Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    principle
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    If I make it once, is it an account unlock? Should be for costing AD to fashion.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.

lucky you. ive broken over 70 pinatas and still nothing but trash

Think on that, folks. There's a 2-minute cooldown for each one. So that's over two hours doing nothing but opening pinatas. Someone please clue me in on where that becomes fun.
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    greywynd said:

If I make it once, is it an account unlock? Should be for costing AD to fashion.

Apparently not an account unlock. Not surprised with the way they're making everything single-character-only.
    FYI. Every once in a while I double-click on a pinata and nothing happens, yet it still goes on cooldown. I'll have to start watching the stack count closely to see if I actually lose one.
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    lol ya i agree wit almost evrybdy on this page..... 50k ad for a purple mount wen other event mounts could be gotten by missions from the event etc......... an im on ps4 here.... an the sash drop rate is jus as bad there...... ive seen ppl from my alliance that say they have opened over 100 pinatas an no sash AND the treat mission!?!? OMG i spent 2 days farming areas from the batri camp in chuit to icewindale to the stronghold to barovia wearing that stupid hat an i only got 15 treats....... (abt 5hrs total)....... far as im concerned harry potter can keep his stupid firebolt, ill jus sit in the stands laughing and saying "oOoOoOohhhhhh you know that hurt" when a bludger comes outta nowhere and clocks him upside the back of the head
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    50K AD for a guarnateed purple mount (plus the grind time - I'd say about 4 total hours). That's not terrible, IMO, especially given that you can easily get 30k just from the first two random queues. It's not a huge thing - and it also sets a bit of a baseline should someone decide to farm the bejeebus out of the event to sell the mount at a later date - it should sell for 50k+, right?

Note: this is all dependent on the drop rate for the sash being a bit more reasonable post-patch. I'm not a huge fan of having to rely on RNG to get the mount, but if the drop rate is more reasonable, all it does is force players to crack some pinatas during the event - and given that you've got to collect 800 total tokens to get the mount, you should be able to get at least one sash from the ~300 bags you open / 30-50 pinatas.
    cdnbison said:

50K AD for a guarnateed purple mount (plus the grind time - I'd say about 4 total hours). That's not terrible, IMO, especially given that you can easily get 30k just from the first two random queues. It's not a huge thing - and it also sets a bit of a baseline should someone decide to farm the bejeebus out of the event to sell the mount at a later date - it should sell for 50k+, right?

Note: this is all dependent on the drop rate for the sash being a bit more reasonable post-patch. I'm not a huge fan of having to rely on RNG to get the mount, but if the drop rate is more reasonable, all it does is force players to crack some pinatas during the event - and given that you've got to collect 800 total tokens to get the mount, you should be able to get at least one sash from the ~300 bags you open / 30-50 pinatas.

u do kno the broom is bound right???? so u cant sell at a later date..... plus like others have said..... its principal.... other events have other purple mounts u can get by jus doin stuff in the event no ad required an now this one event u gotta pay ad AND farm mats to get the mount
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

cdnbison said:

u do kno the broom is bound right???? so u cant sell at a later date..... plus like others have said..... its principal.... other events have other purple mounts u can get by jus doin stuff in the event no ad required an now this one event u gotta pay ad AND farm mats to get the mount
    Don't worry! They'll be updating those events and the fact that those other mounts are "free" will be fixed. Just watch and see!

cdnbison said:

Don't worry! They'll be updating those events and the fact that those other mounts are "free" will be fixed. Just watch and see!
    not denying that at all lol actualy wouldnt b suprised if they did an more suprised if they didnt lol
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    cdnbison said:

Well, you do realise, that with the perfect RNG system in NWO, some of us might never get the sash drop in time, right?
    I mean this is RNG on top of RNG with a bit of RNG at the side of it - and i think i've seen some players feedback about breaking hundreds of pinatas without getting a single sash this far.

I'm opening around 20-30 bags per session at the moment, and crack every pinata i can find -> 0 sash.

Anyway, just saying that this might turn out to be a character bound event mount, that requires more work (=invested time) then an account-wide ZEN shop mount. And yes, i'm also left wondering how they could go from the awesome anniversary event to this HAMSTER event in the same year.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!