Install Arc

M15: General Loot Drops

1235»

Comments

• strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    arcanjo86 said:

empalas said:

skill nodes have RP in them again I see...I see farming bots coming back again(uggh)...I thought there was eventually going to be a change so that you would have to interact in some way that would prevent botting(ie. mini-game). Perhaps just make the rp from the nodes BtA...simple solution makes them worth opening(gold and RP) and not worth botting

skill nodes need to be removed from game since professions resources will be coming from gathering.
    Honestly I DISAGREE with getting rid of skill nodes, it destroy the adventure aspect of D&D itself! What many LOVE about D&D is the while out questing the possibility of what they might find in their travels! I have for a LONG TIME have wished they'd enhance, or offer a wider variety of items!

I'd like to see more diversity: the odd tool, materials, or potions if they still drop but 1, 2 or 3!

Besides it really emboldens the D&D adventure mantra at its very core, and still gives new players something to do during 2x Resources, when senior end game players are Hunting their Explorer's Maps!

Also realize since Potions will no longer drop from enemy, it might also be good to include them in there, the only other place you earn them is Dungeons chests. And still you're going to earn significantly less potions even if they remain only it Skill Nodes & Dungeons Chests by a huge margin, so be prepared to spend more gold on potions or AD buying them from those with Alchemy!

Getting rid of skill nodes I think would be very bad!

I also agree with Marc in the thread immediately above - I'm concerned crafting gear after commission is going to eat a lot of gold, I think that's a concern of a lot of people, and while some may have 2,500-10,000 gold in their banks, perhaps some have *a lot* more! What one needs to realize, is it's taken some players several years, just to accumulate that much gold!

Just running several projects on preview using moral, you'll see how much gold running 10 different project will cost, and many can see 50-100+ gold disapearing depending on the Commission Modifier of various Artisans.

Now I was leveling a new Character in Alchemy, using the Crafting Moral System, as it can be reset in the TOOLBOX. But the test was to really see how much gold I'd eat, it's a great test and I won't post the results here, but encourage everyone try leveling a PROF they haven't using MORAL! Use the TOOLBOX to reset Moral when needed. Then you'll be able to see how much Gold running 10 projects of similar type will cost with various artisan's & their Commissions!

IN FAIRNESS: I think DEVs like @noworries#8859 has said they will likely be closely monitoring this once the new system goes live, and if gold does get eaten far too fast they will monitor & make adjustments. So I have to take him at his word when he says that. Still I think the intent of the Developers is they didn't want Gold to be something most just stockpile without having something to spend more of it on.

So I hoping for the best, while planning for worst - perhaps improvements will be made:
    Example:,Perhaps slightly improve the gold merchants offer for several crafted gear, especially if we wish to sell it to them for gold, rather than sell it to players for AD on the Auction House!
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

zephyriah said:

What do you mean guildmark farming is being removed?

I haven't seen any confirmed changes that affect the earning of guildmarks and we are still waiting the the new coffer crate recipes.

He might be using the profession people to earn easy guild marks which in his mind is what guild mark farming should be.
    That was my point. Profession farming was by crafting crates (unless there was another method I missed), we do not know the recipe/cost of the new crates but that doesn't mean it was removed.

We just don't know yet. I am beginning to suspect it will be a bad change for the players with the delay and they don't want to hear the complaints, but I'm hoping I'm wrong and they kept a very similar system/cost.

But, overall yes to more gold sources. Removing drops that were previously sold for gold and increasing gold needs at the same time, was a bad move on their part. I've already recommended that since we have it, everyone in our guild should run the Treasure hunter boon anytime they can do without the mount speed bonus or XP bonus (Invoking), starting now.

• marc#8428 marc Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Guild mark farming is a specific way to make 30k guild marks in 30 mins to 1 hour. It's how crafters earn gms to craft with. That method disappears when M15 drops. This actually has multiple consequences outside of just being able to have enough gold to craft in the new system. It also means Crafters will not have the guild marks necessary to use the master craft vendors behind the stronghold to craft with. Guild Mark farming and crafting go hand-in-hand. If you remove the easy ability for Crafters to obtain Guild marks in order to get gold for the tasks as well as crafts using the master craft vendors in the stronghold, then the price of all items will go up substantially. I don't care what kind of crates they introduce or what items they create that I can sell for gold, none of it will equate to the current system which means prices cannot stay where they are. Systemically no way to make that happen. And based on how "amazing" MC gear has been no one will pay the amount of ad the new gear will cost becsuse of these new systems.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    marc#8428 said:

Guild mark farming is a specific way to make 30k guild marks in 30 mins to 1 hour. It's how crafters earn gms to craft with. That method disappears when M15 drops. This actually has multiple consequences outside of just being able to have enough gold to craft in the new system. It also means Crafters will not have the guild marks necessary to use the master craft vendors behind the stronghold to craft with. Guild Mark farming and crafting go hand-in-hand. If you remove the easy ability for Crafters to obtain Guild marks in order to get gold for the tasks as well as crafts using the master craft vendors in the stronghold, then the price of all items will go up substantially. I don't care what kind of crates they introduce or what items they create that I can sell for gold, none of it will equate to the current system which means prices cannot stay where they are. Systemically no way to make that happen. And based on how "amazing" MC gear has been no one will pay the amount of ad the new gear will cost becsuse of these new systems.

If you don't want to say the method(Super Secret make guildmarks fast system for only $29.99 if you act fast =) ), can you at least identify the specific change so we can partially understand the issue. You've only said the method will disappear with no justification of the claim or system. Maybe it's platform specific.

If I had to guess, I suspect it was farming to buy workers to donate. That's the only one of the "systems" that I can see being affected. Never liked the practice of creating and destroying guilds just to be able to donate labor. So yeah, the new system won't have the workers to donate for the high rate of return. I imagine another system will come along.
    Post edited by zephyriah on
    edited October 2018
    < If I had to guess, I suspect it was farming to buy workers to donate. That's the only one of the "systems" that I can see being affected. Never liked the practice of creating and destroying guilds just to be able to donate labor. So yeah, the new system won't have the workers to donate for the high rate of return. I imagine another system will come along.>

Yes, that would be the system. It's the only way to master craft. My original Point was its fine to make a new system that relies on the gold currency however the current system (quests, pve, dungeons) does not provide a fraction of thr amount of gold one needs to actually craft. This is coming from someone who will sit down and craft out 300+ of items and spend a 3 or 4 hour session, crafting.

Get rid of myself and others like me. Look at a fresh 70 going into professions. Literally no way for them to earn gold. Guild Mark farming using laborers and coffer will be extinct. Picking up potions and armor to sell extinct. Skill nodes gone so no random profession stuff or treasures to sell. You're left with platinum bowls.

No mention of adding say another 3 to 5 items worth 34 silver per sale that will drop from mobs. Only that you can stack bowls to 100 now. So they are removing ways to make gold, not adding new items to be sold for gold.

A fresh 70 will never be able to reach end game crafting with gold costs. Those that wish to gold farm for crafters won't get more than 34 silver per item sold or monster killed in the game so they won't aquire enough gold to sell to crafters. And we have a crafting system that can bleed someone of 10,000 gold in a week.

That's the point of the my original post. The current game cannot sustain crafters, gold farmers, or new players wishing to take up professions and waiting for the system to go live then adjust will be a disaster to the economy.
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    marc#8428 said:

< If I had to guess, I suspect it was farming to buy workers to donate. That's the only one of the "systems" that I can see being affected. Never liked the practice of creating and destroying guilds just to be able to donate labor. So yeah, the new system won't have the workers to donate for the high rate of return. I imagine another system will come along.>

Yes, that would be the system. It's the only way to master craft. My original Point was its fine to make a new system that relies on the gold currency however the current system (quests, pve, dungeons) does not provide a fraction of thr amount of gold one needs to actually craft. This is coming from someone who will sit down and craft out 300+ of items and spend a 3 or 4 hour session, crafting.

Get rid of myself and others like me. Look at a fresh 70 going into professions. Literally no way for them to earn gold. Guild Mark farming using laborers and coffer will be extinct. Picking up potions and armor to sell extinct. Skill nodes gone so no random profession stuff or treasures to sell. You're left with platinum bowls.

No mention of adding say another 3 to 5 items worth 34 silver per sale that will drop from mobs. Only that you can stack bowls to 100 now. So they are removing ways to make gold, not adding new items to be sold for gold.

A fresh 70 will never be able to reach end game crafting with gold costs. Those that wish to gold farm for crafters won't get more than 34 silver per item sold or monster killed in the game so they won't aquire enough gold to sell to crafters. And we have a crafting system that can bleed someone of 10,000 gold in a week.

That's the point of the my original post. The current game cannot sustain crafters, gold farmers, or new players wishing to take up professions and waiting for the system to go live then adjust will be a disaster to the economy.

I think they might be doing the gold deficiency tactic to remove all of the gold in the game so they can give a method to get more gold in the game. They want the Master crafters to have to pay AD to do their craft but I don't know if they understand in economics that a business just passes the costs on to their customers. They really should go in and set anyone who has more than 10,000 gold on an account to that amount so we don't have to have this system that is setup to drain out the gold from active players and stop the activity until they reverse the trend and give easier ways to obtain gold.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    "A fresh 70 will never be able to reach end game crafting with gold costs."

I think some will and some wont, its a matter of choice and work. The devs DID say that the intent of the new system was to make it that not everyone will want to participate in it.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    > @mrvincent1959 said:
    > The devs DID say that the intent of the new system was to make it that not everyone will want to participate in it.

That is something no dev should EVER say, at least not to the people playing.

It still doesn't make it right.
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    edited October 2018

I think some will and some wont, its a matter of choice and work. The devs DID say that the intent of the new system was to make it that not everyone will want to participate in it.

The problem with their statement is that not everyone is participating now. There are people in my alliance who won't even do Leadership even though the RP benefit is almost beyond value - and that's without even selling any gems or anything on the AH! Most of the rest that engage with professions now are only doing it to help their guild progress. I am the most engaged non-MW crafter in my alliance, bar none. I have leveled all professions (save Black Ice) to level 25 on 13 characters. I have Leadership to level 25 on a 14th character, and I have Leadership to level 19 on three other characters. On the 13 characters with all professions leveled, they are all doing the level 23 crates of surplus equipment task from each of: Leatherworking, Mailsmithing, Platesmithing, and Weaponsmithing. They are also doing level 23 crates of gems from Jewelcrafting, and crates of labor and astral diamonds from Leadership. Eight of those characters are doing level 23 crates of transmuted gold and 1x Clerics of Ilmater. The other five characters are doing a second Clerics of Ilmater instead of crates of gold. When the aqua regia runs out on Sunday, the 8 characters doing gold will do level 23 crates of surplus equipment from Tailoring instead, and I am debating terminating the 1x Clerics of Ilmater task after this weekend in favor of level 23 crates of surplus equipment from Artificing. On top of all that, I am able to collect and restart labor and astral diamonds 6x per day, and the rest get collected and restarted 4x per day.

The point being that they don't need to discourage people from engaging with professions. People are already discouraged. I'm actually looking forward to the update just so I have a mechanism in the game that gives me a reason to take a break from professions. (It won't be a long break, probably. I still need to generate labor and astral diamonds, even if I'm sitting on a virtual mountain of other guild resources.) It's not like they will end up with a majority of the playerbase suddenly deciding to do MW crafting. And if they end up with only a minority of the playerbase engaging with professions at all, then that's all the excuse they need to completely ignore crafting in the future.
  • onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    When fighting Cusca in the hunt instance, during the second phase when he dismounts, it shows you can get combat advantage on his steed, but does not show the combat advantage indicator on Cusca. During the third phase, it does show the combat advantage indicator for Cusca.

• rangerlenierrangerlenier Member Posts: 21 Arc User

what about a new player, from scratch? their inventory will fill with stuff they cant id, they will die a lot because they cant afford to buy potions, they wont be able to make their own because the new crafting system sucks and is expensive.

• forcemajeureforcemajeure Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Can anyone test/give an idea here what the payout is from Overflow experience after you hit lvl 70? Currently it is things like some Experience tomes, some unbound/tradeable RP gems, a Power Point about what, 40% of the time? And of course the 30,000 rAD jackpot which I would guess happens about 4-5% of the time.

The rAD would work out on average to around 1,200-1,500 rAD per Overflow level - not counting the 50% refining bonus if you happen to have bonus rAD built up.

How does the new mod compare?
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

Can anyone test/give an idea here what the payout is from Overflow experience after you hit lvl 70? Currently it is things like some Experience tomes, some unbound/tradeable RP gems, a Power Point about what, 40% of the time? And of course the 30,000 rAD jackpot which I would guess happens about 4-5% of the time.

The rAD would work out on average to around 1,200-1,500 rAD per Overflow level - not counting the 50% refining bonus if you happen to have bonus rAD built up.

The experience overflow awards I've opened have awarded 500 to 1500 rAD each. I think I've seen a few as high as 2k, but those are rare. It's been a couple of weeks since I checked this and I don't have any characters on live to copy over that have a bunch waiting to be opened.
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Tiny sample, because I've opened rewards before.
    As you can see with a 50% bonus, I received 10 the experience overflow awards for about 10k rAD..Most often, 250 rADs occurred.

Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
    I've run basically every dungeon in the game along with daily and weekly quests without much gold bonus and with 257% gold bonus. Below are my findings. I URGE the dev team to reevaluate how much "monies" comes from killing mobs, doing quests, etc. Currently speaking not 1 single task in the game produces 1 gold.

My 257% gold gain build costs around 7M AD so it's not realistic for the average player and can only <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> 104g an hour farming giants in cold run. Furthermore, all level 70 zones give the same amount of monies per the lobs you kill. You'd think Barovia would pay more for killing mobs than well of dragons. It does not. I also believe the monies from dailies and weeklies are similar if not very close to the same regardless of the level 70 zone you're in; which again you'd think current content would produce more gold than well of dragons content.

By introducing a new system into the game that's a complete gold suck and not ramping up gold gains you'll create a deficit in currency needed to run professions and you'll do it over night.

GOLD FROM LVLing DUNGEONS (SOLO)
    Cloak tower: 2g 25s 43c
    CC: 1g 99s 47c
    GWD: 2g 83s 17c
    Pirates: 3g 42s 6c
    Frozen Heart: 3g 84s 3c / 3g 74s 70c
    SPC: 2g 52s 67c
    TOS: 1g 59s 4c
    K Cave: 1g 73s 70c

(5 MAN)
    Kessel: 48s 96c
    Teuron: 20s 46c
    Mala: 61s 5c
    Valindria: 75s 86c
    Elol: 1g 6s 30c (solo)
    Etos: 1g 27s 18c (3 man)
    Ecc: 2g 19s (4 man)
    Egwd: 24s 22c (4 man)

CHULT
    Fane: inside- 50s 10c (solo)
    54s 2c quest / 1g 62s 73c (bonus)
    House of Croc: inside- 10 silver
    27s 1 c quest / 81s 36c (bonus)
    Shrines: 27s, 1c quest / 81s 36c (bonus)
    Camp Resupply: 54s 2c / 1g 62s 73c (bonus)

BAROVIA
    Dark heroics: 54s 2c / 1g 62s 73c
    The rest give: 27s 1c / 81s 26c
    Dailies: 27s 1c / 81s 36c (bonus)

MOBS ACROSS NW
    Low trash: 1s 17c / 3s 53c
    Larger Mobs: 1s 94c / 5s 84c
    Giants SOMI: 10s 93c / 32s 91
    Giants SOMI: 14s 38c / 43s 33c
    Giants CR: 9s 65c /26s - 29s 97c
    Giants/ Giant Bears LW: 29s 97c
    Giants IWDP: 10s 93c / 32s 81c
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User

The experience overflow awards I've opened have awarded 500 to 1500 rAD each. I think I've seen a few as high as 2k, but those are rare. It's been a couple of weeks since I checked this and I don't have any characters on live to copy over that have a bunch waiting to be opened.

an no more rad jackpot
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    marc#8428 said:

I've run basically every dungeon in the game along with daily and weekly quests without much gold bonus and with 257% gold bonus. Below are my findings. I URGE the dev team to reevaluate how much "monies" comes from killing mobs, doing quests, etc. Currently speaking not 1 single task in the game produces 1 gold.

My 257% gold gain build costs around 7M AD so it's not realistic for the average player and can only HAMSTER 104g an hour farming giants in cold run. Furthermore, all level 70 zones give the same amount of monies per the lobs you kill. You'd think Barovia would pay more for killing mobs than well of dragons. It does not. I also believe the monies from dailies and weeklies are similar if not very close to the same regardless of the level 70 zone you're in; which again you'd think current content would produce more gold than well of dragons content.

By introducing a new system into the game that's a complete gold suck and not ramping up gold gains you'll create a deficit in currency needed to run professions and you'll do it over night.

GOLD FROM LVLing DUNGEONS (SOLO)

Cloak tower: 2g 25s 43c

CC: 1g 99s 47c

GWD: 2g 83s 17c

Pirates: 3g 42s 6c

Frozen Heart: 3g 84s 3c / 3g 74s 70c

SPC: 2g 52s 67c

TOS: 1g 59s 4c

K Cave: 1g 73s 70c

(5 MAN)

Kessel: 48s 96c

Teuron: 20s 46c

Mala: 61s 5c

Valindria: 75s 86c

Elol: 1g 6s 30c (solo)

Etos: 1g 27s 18c (3 man)

Ecc: 2g 19s (4 man)

Egwd: 24s 22c (4 man)

CHULT

Fane: inside- 50s 10c (solo)

54s 2c quest / 1g 62s 73c (bonus)

House of Croc: inside- 10 silver

27s 1 c quest / 81s 36c (bonus)

Shrines: 27s, 1c quest / 81s 36c (bonus)

Camp Resupply: 54s 2c / 1g 62s 73c (bonus)

BAROVIA

Dark heroics: 54s 2c / 1g 62s 73c

The rest give: 27s 1c / 81s 26c

Dailies: 27s 1c / 81s 36c (bonus)

MOBS ACROSS NW

Low trash: 1s 17c / 3s 53c

Larger Mobs: 1s 94c / 5s 84c

Giants SOMI: 10s 93c / 32s 91

Giants SOMI: 14s 38c / 43s 33c

Giants CR: 9s 65c /26s - 29s 97c

Giants/ Giant Bears LW: 29s 97c

Giants IWDP: 10s 93c / 32s 81c

nice research;

the gold gain of mobs is a complete joke. it looks like the only way to get some real gold it is ad/gold ah exchange.

Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
    edited November 2018
    Even quests from any zone in the game is a joke. My concern is 3 to 6 months down the road when no one has gold left to sell. What then? There's no gold to ad exchange if there's no gold to buy. Just like there's no adx if there's no zen to buy. I seriously do no not believe the devs dealing with loot drops in the game are even communicating or know the names of the devs doing professions. Gold hasn't been adjusted in the game ever. Very clear if WOD gives same gold as Barovia. Now they have a crafting system set to bleed you dry of every gold piece you have and there's not a single system in the game to replenish ones gold. They just nerfed the value of items that can be sold for gold on preview. The devs are remaining quiet on the subject which is completely worrisome. I don't think they have a clue. I don't think they care that someone new to the game will not be able to do professions and every platform will be sucked dry of all gold in 7 months or less of m15 release because the only answer to the gold issue is "platinum Bowles and hair brushes". When your game has only 2 items worth purchasing and selling for gold on mod drop it means you've failed your player base.