test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance [10/18]

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
Neverwinter on PC will undergo maintenance tomorrow from 7am to 9am PT. Patch Notes discussion thread is available here.

Comments

• alphastreamalphastream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 209 Arc User
    Woah! Reverting Siege is fantastic, thank you!

I do hope you can find a way to make this work for players. It really is a fun weekly activity and would be great to see it stay, more or less, in its current form. (Or, for Dragonflight to be updated to provide similar rewards to Siege, so we again have a fun activity for Guilds that is also rewarding.)
    Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.

Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!
  • scarphescarphe Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Clarification Required - Reverting the siege (until a fix is put in place so that it works as you had originally intended....)

So just to be clear if we complete siege as many and myself had in the past i.e not 20 versus 20 etc and many other variables of this and NOT as you intended it to be played- we will after patch be REWARDED for the completion of the weekly siege event Storming the Castle using ALL variables.

Ok - since we are all/nearly all, are aware of the history surrounding the Siege, if we complete in any other way than 20 versus 20 during this period until you find a fix, would this be considered an exploit and as such the players SHOULD be made aware if it is completed in any other way that there will be consequences.....

Really DO need transparency around this as many players will complete as they previously did, and a large majority will also not COMPLETE in case of any repercussions. It would be unfair for both sides and hence asking for a clear guideline of what you intend players to be doing during this transition period.

Personally, I feel I take part in the Siege regardless of 20 v 20 or 1 v 1 - So really not an exploit from my perspective. I am being rewarded for taking PART in the Event not for spending time forming a 40 (20v20) player group - battling lag and essentially if I don't get any points- get no rewards.

It would be good to know as would like the Vouchers for my guild and well as the other rewards if you can respond will be much appreciated.
    Well, now I'm seeing some issues where it can't complete more than once per account? Anyone else seeing this?

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!
    edited October 2018

Neverwinter on PC will undergo maintenance tomorrow from 7am to 9am PT. Patch Notes discussion thread is available here.

I am seeing multiple cases where the reverted Siege doesn't confer awards on additional runs. I confirmed it myself. First run of Siege with one toon worked great. Switched toons, ran again, received top score with lots of points on winning team, but no rewards.

But, before that it worked fine for two players who ran multiple toons through it off the same account. 2 successful runs, then 1 where no one received completion.

I filed a bug in game and posted here. If anyone has ideas on what does or doesn't cause it to complete, please let us know.
    Post edited by alphastream on

• tbritt1#7660 tbritt1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Patch download fails with error 36 - over and over again
This discussion has been closed.