test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Public siege still doesn't grant fisnish rewards sometimes (updated on 10/30/2018)

superstevenshusuperstevenshu Member Posts: 187 Arc User
edited October 2018 in General Discussion (PC)
Just tested with public siege. If you finished too earlier or killed at the end of siege you dont get finished rewards. Please fix it in the near future, thanks!
Post edited by superstevenshu on

Comments

• Options
    pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 479 Arc User
    The SIEGE is DEAD . LONG LIVE the SIEGE .
  • Options
    drunkenatheist#5914 drunkenatheist Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    On PC I just finished a pub queue with a win and 1k points with no completion. I think it's kinda broken now.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    This has been reported to the team. Thanks!
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    seem they rather shoot thier feet off than painting into the corner, they prefer pain?
    why fix that not broken rather than fix the bugs?
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    Well the patch notes were rather...ummm...cryptic as to what they fixed with it. Sorry couldn't help it
  • Options
    aerthynaerthyn Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    It did need a fix, was basically a free for all for nothing.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    The fix was for the bug that allowed teams to use private queue to get Storming the Castle quest completion. You could do 1 person on one team, and everyone else on the other, then just run as fast as you can, build catapults, and finish the siege giving everyone StC completion. No pvp awards, but it counted for the quest. Like the chest decline bug, there was no real indication that this was unintended behavior since StC is different than PvP instance rewards (which you didn't get, as expected, from the private queue). As of last week, this is no longer the case - StC no longer completes from private queue.

It appears, though, that in fixing this bug, Cryptic actually remove the completion trigger that SHOULD fire when someone completes a siege in the public queue. StC shouldn't require victory, merely completion, of a public queue siege.
  • Options
    aixis2000aixis2000 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    ... awesome
  • Options
    terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    Fix in testing. Won't be in tomorrow's build, but may be in the one after that.
  • Options
    aixis2000aixis2000 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    ^^ how about compensation?
  • Options
    mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    aerthyn said:

It was the only pvp content that was played regularly now no pvp content is being played by fast majority. They could have used it like a gateway drug instead they chose to destroy it. I really think they dropped the ball here this was the hope pvp needed instead they decided to cater for the minority of the player base and punish the majority
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• Options
    lordaeoloslordaeolos Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    mynaam said:

aerthyn said:

It was the only pvp content that was played regularly now no pvp content is being played by fast majority. They could have used it like a gateway drug instead they chose to destroy it. I really think they dropped the ball here this was the hope pvp needed instead they decided to cater for the minority of the player base and punish the majority
    Agreed!

We did a number of 5 v 30 matches that were very competitive (many the team of 5 won), it really helped for us to balance the teams of PvP regulars and veterans, and had the added carrot of completing the quest... since this change interest in running siege has dropped dramatically, not to mention it can take an hour + for a queue to pop, and considering the rewards are barely worth 15 minutes of effort when compared to other quests that can be done, back to the old broken siege that nobody plays.

"Lord Willow"
    Guild Leader: Mistaken Identity (formerly Midnight Express)
    My Twitch Stream
    See my Youtube Channel for guides and more

"Don't ever become a pessimist... a pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events."
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    the weekly reward is given by npc
  • Options
    sigillmacfinnsigillmacfinn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    Just completed a 20 minute pub-Q Storming the Castle - on winning team - scored enough to get some vouchers & odds & ends - saw something in my reward window saying "for the guild" - got back to Stronghold - STC did not complete but Fight to the Finish did.

Is the bug still being investigated?
    ..... rolling 1's for over 25 years .....

The Harbingers' Forums - What Class Are You - Search The Neverwinter Wiki

• Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    mynaam said:

aerthyn said:

If the majority of Neverwinter players hadn't had any interest in PvP stomped out of them... PvP wouldn't need hope.
  • Options
    vattaravattara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 279 Arc User
    Just finished Storm the Castle x3 , no weekly rewards , Blood Ruby, 4500RAD etc
    Wasnt this supposed to be "fixed" in today's patch?
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    I did 3-4 SHS last night, with no issues. I'd just wait until the "Objective Completed" popped up behind the scoreboard, and head out. No problem, quest completed for each toon.
  • Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    but apparently is still granting typos in topic header subject lines tho : D
  • Options
    hey folks, i ran several sieges for allainces, i found a way to get almost flawless runs and get complete when message pop up after then endings.
    first, slow down on loading the ammos to allow the golems and dragon to pop, i think it was the script get glitched if finished too soon, just wait for golems and a dragon, then load up on ammos much as you can, when the end came up, dont click to exit before you see messages announced. i had better success rate for alliances if they slow down on ammos and wait for golems popped.
    you just need to have script to follow thru to let them spawn, otherwise you get no completed if too early.
  • Options
    flippy#8481 flippy Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    wylonus said:

hey folks, i ran several sieges for allainces, i found a way to get almost flawless runs and get complete when message pop up after then endings.
    first, slow down on loading the ammos to allow the golems and dragon to pop, i think it was the script get glitched if finished too soon, just wait for golems and a dragon, then load up on ammos much as you can, when the end came up, dont click to exit before you see messages announced. i had better success rate for alliances if they slow down on ammos and wait for golems popped.
    you just need to have script to follow thru to let them spawn, otherwise you get no completed if too early.

major problem I faced was being dead at the end of one mission . . . actually being dead for end announcement . . . didn't get completion for that

and yes, be dutiful about waiting for the announcement of completion, not just the ranking display, you seem to need the victory/defeat actual announcement
  • Options
    ouch, flippy, you werent only one that lost rewards when you died in end of siege, one of my alt tried to help and died, thought it was enough, but somehow other team managed to bring ponies to ammo caches and over before i would revive.
    i learn to watch and stop when it was less than 500 health, i had to rerun.
    i feel the devs need to look at death/revive when it happen at the end of siege, i am sure there are many other players didnt get any rewards when died in the end of sieges.
  • Options
    dont worry, most pizza places are no longer delivering to them, just nerfed pizzas.