test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Knox's Adventure Recruitment Order Special Quest Bug

meraks#0999 meraks Member Posts: 100 Arc User
Purchased.
Created new toon; everything seems to be working just fine... except for the Special Quest to get a companion. Cannot make it go away.
It says to continue to work with Bael An Ashok in the Trade of Blades. However I cannot find him in the Trade of Blades, and his presence in the Grand Emporium only gives generic question bubbles. So now I have the annoying up arrow in the upper right corner of the screen and the Quests menu is highlighted because I have something that requires my attention (its only annoying because I can't make it go away, I generally appreciate visual passive reminders of this nature).
I know at least one other person that has this problem, and I have seen mention of it elsewhere on the forums, but could not find any entries that had been answered.
XBOX GT @ Merak Starborne
Fyre, Eyce & Wynd
Ladies of Neverwinter
I stopped believing this morning; Journey is going to be PISSED.

Comments

• misstaken#0561 misstaken Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Happened to me also. Bump
  • meraks#0999 meraks Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    Is there another, more official, place to report things broken with purchased items?
    Fyre, Eyce & Wynd
    Ladies of Neverwinter
    So after 6 weeks with no reply, I opened a ticket through support page on Arc.
    The response was that this was a previously unreported bug, and that I should report it here...

I don't know which is more concerning to me, the idea that I am being asked to log a bug through a forum which I have already logged it, and does not appear to be an official support channel, or that something I reported six weeks earlier is classified as unreported.
    Fyre, Eyce & Wynd
    Ladies of Neverwinter
  • herb4#2993 herb4 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Has anything come about from this? I am having the same issue

Has anything come about from this? I am having the same issue

No.
    Fyre, Eyce & Wynd
    Ladies of Neverwinter
  • natsu#7621 natsu Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Ugh I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem please help! lol
  • onelividgameronelividgamer Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Currently having this same problem. Even got the “unreported bug comment”, which is obviously not the case since I found it here. I was given a link to post my issue here, yet it doesn’t give me permission right away to create a new thread.

Hopefully this issue can be resolved, especially given the fact that the purchase of the new character isn’t cheap by any means.
  • onelividgameronelividgamer Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Here it is, over a month later and I’m told “go back to forums and bump the thread in hopes it gets looked at.” Whelp here’s the bump.

Hopefully this gets resolved. It’s quite frustrating.
  • demonsedge#9205 demonsedge Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    This has happened to my Control Wizard as well when I made her from the Knox Adventurers Pack. I hope they will fix this sooner rather then later.
  • laromus407#8580 laromus407 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I am having the same issue.. It is extremely annoying that I payed big bucks just to have to look at that really bright arrow at the top of my screen all the time!
    A year and a half later and this issue is still present, and the ticket I created back then, is listed as "solved" which was never the case.
    Fyre, Eyce & Wynd
    Ladies of Neverwinter
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer

A year and a half later and this issue is still present, and the ticket I created back then, is listed as "solved" which was never the case.

The quest should have cleared with the introduction of the new token at the launch of Ravenloft. Are you still seeing it?
  • zeoc#8336 zeoc Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Yes, My Pally is still having it issue and several form my guild are telling me the same. (I Check after each mod/update on console)

• jeremytheman232jeremytheman232 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    My hunter ranger has same issue. Hes a few years old. I had the quest bug u have and i couldnt get rid of the barnacles from drownd shore elemental evil quests. I submitted a support ticket and they removed the barnacles from my inventory thank god but said they cant do anything to fix the quest. I detailed the bug seems to be that the game thinks bael or w.e his name is it thinks he is in trade of blades however he is actually in the emporium or w.e the place where u can buy companions. He offers no quest dialog just the same usual stuff. Only happens with knox recruitment
    I am still seeing it. What token are you referring to?
    Fyre, Eyce & Wynd
    Ladies of Neverwinter
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

I am still seeing it. What token are you referring to?

There's a new version of the Knox token now. It gives different things than the previous versions. It's a lot better for starting a new character. It's a nice improvement. New characters with the token should be bug free and I thought the patch was also supposed fix existing.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    I'll follow up on this for those who had the previous versions of the token and still have the quest. Thanks!
    Thank you.
    Fyre, Eyce & Wynd
    Ladies of Neverwinter