test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Show of hands...

kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
Who expects to complete Storming the Castle next week now that it can't be completed via a private queue? Just curious...

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    No private queues will basically mean that nobody will bother with this quest..... one less thing to do.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    Well there goes another one.

• durgan#5731 durgan Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Let's see now. Do a public one, which is where the pvp'ers gank people in normal builds? What FUN! Seriously, of all the things to do, they decided to fix the one thing what wasn't broken. More fool I, for having supported this game financially, when all they've done in the past month is take away the things worth doing.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    They always imply they do not have the resources to fix things fast but have resources for something like this.

Sadly i cannot see many do this again. It is a shame since it was a nice way for people to be introduced to pvp in a safe controlled environment.
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• bjbrunt#4365 bjbrunt Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    mynaam said:

They always imply they do not have the resources to fix things fast but have resources for something like this.

Sadly i cannot see many do this again. It is a shame since it was a nice way for people to be introduced to pvp in a safe controlled environment.

It is still an introduction to pvp in a safe controlled environment, it just doesn't provide the rewards that have been given up until now. I'm not a pvp'er, so I most likely won't be running this unless I am extremely bored, or if someone wants to run it to get a feel for it because they want to try it "for real".

It may take longer to run, but not likely if you get put in with players who have pvp builds/loadouts. They won't have much trouble taking out the average group rather quickly.
  • stormhowlerstormhowler Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Sorry, meant to post this in a different forum. As to the OP, nope, probably never again, as it has become useless afaic.
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    Another thing to do gone, most PvE players want nothing to do with the bunch of smacktalking 12 year olds (at least by behaviour) that seem to frequent PvP. Private queues were the way round this.

The only changes they seem to want to make are the ones that say "spend moar real money", rather than things like the calendar fix that are actually important to the players.

All this will do is encourage people to do is to lose afk unless the other side is doing this
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

Let's see now. Do a public one, which is where the pvp'ers gank people in normal builds? What FUN! Seriously, of all the things to do, they decided to fix the one thing what wasn't broken. More fool I, for having supported this game financially, when all they've done in the past month is take away the things worth doing.

As opposed to having one person sit on the other team while you basically coast to a 5k RP, 4500 rAD, and a weekly worth of campaing currency? If it's so terrible to not get handed an easy in win Siege, don't do it. If it's as lopsided as you say, it'll be over quickly, and you'll still get the same rewards.

• instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    StC has been a weekly guild activity for us. Sure sometimes we'd do it the "easy" way, but we also ran it for real... and it was more fun than a random PvP queue.

It provided us with a great deal of camaraderie and community-building (after StC, we'd run big SH HEs, RAQs, whatever), and it was a fun time.

But thanks for taking that away.

header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    Yes i do feel personally victimized by Regina Johne's
  • checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    For me, Stronghold Seige is reverting back to its position in my weekly priority as it had before it had rewards of the kind now, which is to say, I will ignore it. I am happy I used it for the easy refine points, Astral Diamonds, and Campaign currency up until now, and that I don't care enough to complain about losing the opportunity to grind out the same rewards in meaningless PvP.
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    So we're back to the old way of timing queue pops like when edemo came out. Wait for the queue to pop and if it pops for both leaders they tell their groups to accept... But this does make it so you must have full groups premade ready to go.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Wait what... who said this is going away
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,090 Arc User
    It isn't going away. It can no longer be done privately.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • talifeexpectancytalifeexpectancy Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I dunno how busy SH seige is on PC, but on console it will still essentially be a private qeue simply by forming a q group then telling everyone to qeue public after leaving the q group, as SH seige is completely dead anyway (even by low pop pvp standards). Then just pick a team to win. And before you say it, no this wouldnt be an exploit. You are playing within the confines of the qeue system and arent glitching anything.

What a bone headed, transparent AF change for cryptic to make. #KeepLosing #DontBuyZen
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    #SHS4U
    B)
    custom channel
    bring your guildies and alliance friends!

gazes at shoes momentarily..

MY HR is a psychic elf, told me he saw this in a dream.

Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • bruce55bruce55 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    I didn't do it for the ad or rp, mainly did it on alts for much needed influence for the guild. Almost everything they are doing in the new mod affects guilds neg. making ad harder to get, and people will be spending all their excess campaign currency on ad instead of donating to guild coffer.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    bruce55 said:

I didn't do it for the ad or rp, mainly did it on alts for much needed influence for the guild. Almost everything they are doing in the new mod affects guilds neg. making ad harder to get, and people will be spending all their excess campaign currency on ad instead of donating to guild coffer.

Wait... you will be able to swap excess campaign currency for Astral Diamonds?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,207 Arc User
    edited October 2018

bruce55 said:

Yes. You can use some to buy gear to salvage. Don't bother with black ice though because what you buy using black ice will be salvaged back to less black ice.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

bruce55 said:

Yes. You can use some to buy gear to salvage. Don't bother with black ice though because what you buy using black ice will be salvaged back to less black ice.
    I thought it was a "sack" of ADs... like what the Seal of the Adventurer vendor has?
    edited October 2018

bruce55 said:

I thought it was a "sack" of ADs... like what the Seal of the Adventurer vendor has?
    That too but I think salvage is a better deal (if salvage is possible). Of course, in mod 15, salvage will be removed. Hence, salvage is moot for the next mod.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    Yeah, because i looked on preview, and saw the campaign store items for those AD exchanges... but those aren't on live just yet, and i think they will roll out with mod15.

bruce55 said:

@plasticbat I have been around a couple of years now and I must be missing something - what can you get which is salavageable from campaign currency other than Barovian Coins into Armour?

I'm not being picky or aggressive, just cant see how this works for, say Dread Ring campaign currency :)
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User

@plasticbat I have been around a couple of years now and I must be missing something - what can you get which is salavageable from campaign currency other than Barovian Coins into Armour?

I'm not being picky or aggressive, just cant see how this works for, say Dread Ring campaign currency :)

Nothing from Dread Ring, Sharandar, or ToD/Wod, and River District the campaign store stuff isn't salvageable and the Maze Engine stuff is for transmutes, and EE doesn't have a store. However, SKT stuff is, IWD (for black ice...), Underdark, Chult, and Ravenloft all have salvageable options you can get in the campaign store.
    kvet said:

Nothing from Dread Ring, Sharandar, or ToD/Wod, and River District the campaign store stuff isn't salvageable and the Maze Engine stuff is for transmutes, and EE doesn't have a store. However, SKT stuff is, IWD (for black ice...), Underdark, Chult, and Ravenloft all have salvageable options you can get in the campaign store.
    Thanks amigo nice one :)

I hadnt thought of SKT/Underdark/IWD stuff in that way at all. Never occured to me!

edited October 2018

kvet said:

Thanks amigo nice one :)

I hadnt thought of SKT/Underdark/IWD stuff in that way at all. Never occured to me!

SKT gear needs restore (I believe). Hence, it is not feasible. You can get ring though.
    IWD gives a 'salvageable' but you cannot get rAD by salvaging them. What you get is raw Black Ice. i.e. You use a big amount of refined black ice to buy the gear. What you salvage back is a tiny amount of rough Black ice. Hence, pointless.
    Underdark, Chult and Ravenloft are feasible.
    SH store also has something but it may not be worthwhile. Fang -> seal -> gear -> salvage is still feasible.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User

mynaam said:

It is still an introduction to pvp in a safe controlled environment, it just doesn't provide the rewards that have been given up until now. I'm not a pvp'er, so I most likely won't be running this unless I am extremely bored, or if someone wants to run it to get a feel for it because they want to try it "for real".

It may take longer to run, but not likely if you get put in with players who have pvp builds/loadouts. They won't have much trouble taking out the average group rather quickly.
    As public there is no chance to get in, it takes hours to pop and well only safe if you live in a dinosaur's lair
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)